Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cause of Android Tablet Display Damage?

• 16-03-2021 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hello,

I've got a "lower mid range" Android tablet with a damaged display. Brand is Fusion5. See attached for view of the damage.

Inspecting it closely, there seems to be no damage to the glass. I'm wondering what's actually broken. It doesn't seem to be "screen" since, as I said, glass is fine. Is it LCD / digitiser? Some of my terminology may not be exactly correct :-)

Since it's a backup tablet, I don't mind trying to repair myself - if it goes wrong, it's not the end of the world and changing the glass screen would be do-able with a soldering iron in my opinion by taking my time and watching enough YouTube videos. The screen seems to cost about €20 online. However there seems to be no option to buy any other part for these Fusion 5 devices.

The other question is - was this almost certainly accidental damage? The young lad could have stood on it for example and damaged the internals without damaging the screen. It's still in warranty so if I could return for replacement due to non-accidental damage, that would be cool. Not optimistic though :-) Look forward to seeing opinions...

Thanks in advance for the help,
    super_freddie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

LCD is broken.
    From the pattern, I'd guess at flex damage or less likely point pressure.
    The tablet was flexed/bent and the screen overlay is more flexible than the lcd panel and the panel cracked.

In either case, this is not a warranty issue.
    It's induced damage either by flexion or pressure(step maybe? As you mentioned).

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭super_freddie

banie01 wrote: »
    LCD is broken.
    From the pattern, I'd guess at flex damage or less likely point pressure.
    The tablet was flexed/bent and the screen overlay is more flexible than the lcd panel and the panel cracked.

In either case, this is not a warranty issue.
    It's induced damage either by flexion or pressure(step maybe? As you mentioned).

Thanks @banie01. Finding an LCD for this specific model is proving tricky, will keep looking...

Advertisement