Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sporting countdown SHEEP

• 17-03-2021 12:27am
    Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,340 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Right, I've played around with the Sheepulator and it seems straightforward enough (that will come back to haunt me), so I've decided that it's time to run my very own Sheep for the first time.

For those who aren't fans of sport, don't let that put you off, because when you read the questions you'll quickly realise that Google and Wikipedia are going to be everybody's friend here. It's a countdown from 15-2, with the number corresponding to the total number of possible answers to each question, although as we all know there are no wrong answers in sheep. Signups close Saturday 27th March, so on your marks...

15 Name one of Tiger Woods' major wins (tournament and year)
    14 Name a Pro 14 rugby club
    13 Name a rugby league position
    12 Name an NFL team that has never won the Super Bowl (franchises that have moved/changed name will be grouped under current name)
    11 Name a country/group that has won a Winter Olympics medal of any colour for the skeleton
    10 Name a British Formula One world motor racing champion
    9 Name a baseball fielding position (i.e. any position other than batter)
    8 Name an Irish cycling Grand Tour (Tour de France, Giro d'Italia or Vuelta a Espana) stage winner
    7 Name a netball position
    6 Name a sport that Ireland has won a Summer Olympics medal in (e.g. cycling, rather than specific event such as men's road race)
    5 Name an Irish/Northern Irish golfer who has won a major since 2000
    4 Name one of the titles a boxer must hold to be considered an undisputed world champion (all identified by 3 letters)
    3 Name one of the cities, other than Tokyo, that hosts a sumo honbasho (professional tournament) each year
    2 Name one of the individual men's ski jumping competitions at the Winter Olympics

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

in

pisZCis2.gif

In

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

You think you know someone and then they go to a different room and start a Sheep...

I've submitted my answers early so there can be no accusations of cheating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

You think you know someone and then they go to a different room and start a Sheep...

I've submitted my answers early so there can be no accusations of cheating!

When's the joint walrus happening?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,340 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ShaneU wrote: »

vIADO8a.gif?noredirect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

In. So is this how kids do their homework these days? None of this flicking through some old book to eventually discover you have the wrong fecking book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,628 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

giphy.gif

I'll get an entry in soon

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Put me in, Coach.
    9c8d8cdb011ec318072c535a753ba972.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Is a Walrus the music one? I don't think anyone needs me judging their music choices. (Unless their choices are 90s pop!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Is a Walrus the music one? I don't think anyone needs me judging their music choices. (Unless their choices are 90s pop!)

Ah ha, that's a Walrus I would be qualified to enter :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,628 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Well if that's all you listen to, now is the time to branch out..

*chants* WAL-RUS, WAL-RUS, WAL-RUS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

In.
    I don't think I have ever googled any FG as much as I did in this sheep. If I win I should be stripped of the title, doping control or something!! :D:pac:

And with Aris in we're now into double figures. Still plenty of time for you to get your answers in, and this is a sports one even LeVar can enter because I'm assuming he knows as much about sumo or skeleton as everybody else. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Zaph wrote: »
    And with Aris in we're now into double figures. Still plenty of time for you to get your answers in, and this is a sports one even LeVar can enter because I'm assuming he knows as much about sumo or skeleton as everybody else. :pac:

I'll have a look at the questions properly over the weekend and give it a whirl.

At a glance I could actually answer some of those without resorting to google... :D

giphy.gif

I is in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

giphy.gif

LeVar brings us up to 15, and blows anyone's chance of claiming to not knowing anything about sport as an excuse for not taking part. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Edser

In :)

LeVar brings us up to 15, and blows anyone's chance of claiming to not knowing anything about sport as an excuse for not taking part. :D

Hey, I resent that, I do know some things about sports... :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Apologies, I forgot you scored highly on the sports questions that weren't in the sports category in Kolido's quiz. :D

Apologies, I forgot you scored highly on the sports questions that weren't in the sports category in Kolido's quiz. :D

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,627 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

And I'm in!

Can't compete on the gif front, I'm afraid - but at least I came up with 14 (seemingly) sensible answers to the questions......

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    And I'm in!

Can't compete on the gif front, I'm afraid - but at least I came up with 14 (seemingly) sensible answers to the questions......

Well you actually came up with 15, so you might want to knock one off there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,627 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Well you actually came up with 15, so you might want to knock one off there :D

Aha, that extra one was before I read the question properly!! :rolleyes::D

I'll PM you which to delete.

Enjoyed that.

One in particular I changed the answer several times.

After a little flurry of activity today 2D brings us up to 20 entries. Still plenty of time to get yours in if you haven't done so yet.

Last couple of days to get your entry in. Up to 24 now, would be great to hit 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,557 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

rv_qch.gif

I'm in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

#metoo

Entries now closed for this, if a mod could change the thread title please.

27 entries below, no point in hanging around so the reveal will be tomorrow at 8pm, see you then.

ShaneU
    Homer J. Fong
    Toto Wolfcastle
    Purgative
    Necro
    Trigger
    the purple tin
    cee_jay
    EEFGGFEDCCDEED
    Irish Aris
    aaronjennings
    Spook_ie