Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best product for styling thicker hair

Options
  • 17-03-2021 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭

Gents.

I'm lucky to have a full and very thick head of hair into my 40s and since the lockdown have only had 1 haircut which means my hair is pretty full at the moment. I'd usually have been a 2 blade round the sides and scissors on top kind of person but want to keep the length I have. I've rarely had to use product in it recently as I'm WFH for the last year but had to go in for a meeting yesterday and use a water based gel product to tidy it up a bit. The problem is that because it's so thick, I had to use alot to keep it in check which meant it felt quite heavy on my head.

Are there any recommendations for what to use to keep longer hair in check but wouldn't require a huge amount to do so? Style wise it would be swept / pulled back (think JD from Scrubs rather than Gordon Gecko).

Suggestions welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Gents.

I'm lucky to have a full and very thick head of hair into my 40s and since the lockdown have only had 1 haircut which means my hair is pretty full at the moment. I'd usually have been a 2 blade round the sides and scissors on top kind of person but want to keep the length I have. I've rarely had to use product in it recently as I'm WFH for the last year but had to go in for a meeting yesterday and use a water based gel product to tidy it up a bit. The problem is that because it's so thick, I had to use alot to keep it in check which meant it felt quite heavy on my head.

Are there any recommendations for what to use to keep longer hair in check but wouldn't require a huge amount to do so? Style wise it would be swept / pulled back (think JD from Scrubs rather than Gordon Gecko).

Suggestions welcomed.

Tony and guy fibre is fairly light with a good hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    Tony and guy fibre is fairly light with a good hold.

Is it a wax / gel? Should have specified that I'm looking for something water based ie easy to wash out.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Is it a wax / gel? Should have specified that I'm looking for something water based ie easy to wash out.

It's kinda like a cream, easy to wash out. Its matte not shiny. Not sure if it's good for a slick back but it's worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Grafton Barber "Pasted" works well for me. Washes out easily.

Advertisement