Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Nov 11th for the next gen version!! 6 months to grind as much money as possible haha

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/1394653708756062217

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The summer update kind of sounds like fast and furious style heists although i could be really reaching there :)

Zero-Cool wrote:
    The summer update kind of sounds like fast and furious style heists although i could be really reaching there

Zero-Cool wrote:
    The summer update kind of sounds like fast and furious style heists although i could be really reaching there

Would be class. Hope we get some sort of decent update and not just new levels of existing modes and races.

The rumored cops and thieves update from last year would be good but prob won't release it I'd imagine over all the cop shooting furore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Shiminay wrote: »
    So this just turned up off the coast of Cayo Perico...

It's an aircraft carrier with jets and helicopters on board... I was able to steal a jet (there were no personnel on the carrier) and fly around, when I did a lap of the island, the carrier respawned.

Pavel sometimes mentioned something "big" being out there when I'm making my escape and then says it's just an old friend - I wonder if it's related?

I wonder was there a Business Battle taking place at the time? It looks like that boat that spawns off the south east coast, the Luxington I think it's called? I think I've seen a glitch before where Los Santos was visible in the horizon from Cayo Perico due to to the boat spawning for a Business Battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The last summer update wasn't much to talk about, a few cars and a few missions. Nothing really new with it.

• Advertisement

Panther statue guaranteed chance, does that mean your first attempt today will be for the other and then it will disappear for you?

Just scoped it out its worth 2,090,000 on hard difficulty. Wonder can you get it randomly after the initial guaranteed scope.

Just scoped it out its worth 2,090,000 on hard difficulty. Wonder can you get it randomly after the initial guaranteed scope.

Nice, that's definitely a single player run anyway, get your bag full and be looking at 2.5 mil take away, not too shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I've got just enough money for the submarine for this heist. Is it the best/easiest way of making money at the moment. It's a soloable isn't it?

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Nice, that's definitely a single player run anyway, get your bag full and be looking at 2.5 mil take away, not too shabby.

Just finished it took home 2.37m

DeSelby83 wrote:
    I've got just enough money for the submarine for this heist. Is it the best/easiest way of making money at the moment. It's a soloable isn't it?

Def man I think I've made nearly 100m from it at this stage. Once you get the hang of it it's a breeze and you can get about 1.3 to 1.5m for just over an hours work

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I've made nearly 100m from it at this stage.

:eek:

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Absolutely, with the panther statue added today, you'll make your money back in 1 heist and then free to do it at your leisure for about 1.3mil ski average. I find it much easier to solo it than do it in a team but handy to join people the first couple of goes for some tips or follow a YouTube guide for solo. The main thing is to scout the drainage entry point as that's the easiest and quickest way into the compound.

l8s8t75vl9071.jpg

Had a quick go to setup the heist but in the quick menu, I had no option to register as ceo or MC. joined 5 different lobbies and the same thing. Tried solo lobby and the same, ah feck it, will try again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Can I do the set up missions one by one and come back to them when ready. Don't get huge amounts of gaming time so would be ideal to do a set up mission and come back for more when I get time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Can I do the set up missions one by one and come back to them when ready. Don't get huge amounts of gaming time so would be ideal to do a set up mission and come back for more when I get time

yes you can

Did all the prep work for the Panther Statue. Going in by the drainage tunnel makes it so much easier.

That Panther Statue is an awful looking thing in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Had the elite challenge in the bag except that one of the lockups at the main Dock was completely empty so didn't escape with full bag which was a sickner. Came out with 1.95 mil which is still handy for an hour's playtime.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

What "support" missions are people doing for Cayo Perico? I always make sure I have the Buzzards destroyed (it's a quick enough task in the Sparrow) but the weapons and Armour ones are annoying cause your missiles can't lock onto the targets and the buy in the ballistic vest is a pain in the arse :D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Shiminay wrote: »
    What "support" missions are people doing for Cayo Perico? I always make sure I have the Buzzards destroyed (it's a quick enough task in the Sparrow) but the weapons and Armour ones are annoying cause your missiles can't lock onto the targets and the buy in the ballistic vest is a pain in the arse :D

No real need to do any with the stealth approach, you can also start them then go creator and back for auto complete.

Only did a support mission once, I have no need for them with the drainage entrance and crack shot weapons. Pistol for headshots, sniper for when I need I need to take out 2 guys in 1 shot. I have a route down where I can get in and out unseen in about 12 minutes.

I know Rockstar said they will add more solo heists which is great but hopefully they find a balance with multiple people as well. At the moment, you get the most money if you do it solo but it should be the other way around. Has to be more incentive for crews. The gold bars in this helps but once you make more doing solo, that incentive goes out the window. Heists in a group are always a better laugh than solo.

On the subject of Cayo, I would like if you could get some gold or cash doing solo.

Of the trips I made there, and apart from getting the main objectives, I got was a painting and some bleedin' drugs. And the golden gun.

I don't back to back do the heist so an extra 10 minutes for doing both the helicopter and armour isn't a problem.

For helicopter, you just use the sparrow and then when aiming at the guys on the boats you just switch target quickly to spread the rockets. If you just lock on and then fire a load you'll kill the guys but not the helicopters. That whole thing is about 4 minutes.

For the Armour it's about 5-6 minutes, and you just have to not over steer and bounce about when manually aiming. The inside part is quick, and getting the boat is easy as it's large.

I do the armour as it makes taking out 2 guys fool proof and quick. The time for the mission is more than you'd spend lining up shots but there's the chance you just mess up with that and then have to either restart or finish loud. I also don't usually bring the sniper.

I do all the main setup first as you've to go back to the sub for each of those, and then I do the other 2 as I do other missions in-between those for the cooldowns.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I do them whenever I feel like it really! I prefer to do them in a Hydra as I just find it more fun. I wouldn’t use missiles though, only the cannon. It's even more fun that way, and you do improve in a jet the more you use it (obviously :pac: :)).

It's also fun to just spray the front of the armour warehouse with the cannon and watch everything (and everyone) explode. :pac:

That said, I haven't played GTA in quite a while now. :(

Jordan 199 wrote:
    On the subject of Cayo, I would like if you could get some gold or cash doing solo.

Jordan 199 wrote:
    Of the trips I made there, and apart from getting the main objectives, I got was a painting and some bleedin' drugs. And the golden gun.

You get cash quite a lot in it but it's the least valuable loot. The painting and cocaine are the best loot on solo. Can't get the gold.

Would be nice if you could keep some blow for yourself. Nothing like doing a few lines.

• Advertisement

Got 400k when I logged in, anyone know what that was about.

Advertisement