Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

https://twitter.com/TezFunz2/status/1397833339000795136

https://twitter.com/TezFunz2/status/1397833341903294466

https://twitter.com/TezFunz2/status/1397833345162264576

Think Ill buy a facility, dont have anyone to do the heist with but hopefully once the new version is out it will be handy to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

https://twitter.com/TezFunz2/status/1397833339000795136

https://twitter.com/TezFunz2/status/1397833341903294466

https://twitter.com/TezFunz2/status/1397833345162264576

Think Ill buy a facility, dont have anyone to do the heist with but hopefully once the new version is out it will be handy to have.

Completely forgot to post today's update, thanks .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah still holding out for a discount on a Terrorbyte. Not sure if I'll spring for a facility as I don't think I'll ever host a doomsday heist with the time and money you have to put into it in the first place.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well feck, I only just bought a Hydra last week :D

I've been taking a look at the Arena Wars stuff, it's not too bad to be able to dip in without investing 4 or 5 million to get set up and upgrade a car. Was playing what was essentially Rocket League in it yesterday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Played Area war just to get to level 50 when it was 2/3 X XP just so I could unlock the bulldozer. Biggest issue with it is the matchmaking is broken and has been for years. The host can get stuck in a loading screen and that's the match frozen unless they quit the game.

Upgrades for the vehicles are different in it, you get modifications trade prices by levelling up and if you buy something that you've not unlocked it's a stupidly high price.

The Hydra is the big thing for this week, it can spawn in more places than a normal plane and since it's a Pegasus vehicle you can spawn it without a hangar and if you've got a hangar you can spawn 2 of them. Most of the air base missions for different things are a lot easier with the hydra than anything else due to the cannon and the hover.

• Advertisement

Oh I'm cross. I was idling in my nightclub waiting for the warehouse to fill up - had about 800k of stock to sell and I got raided while I was AFK. Lost the whole lot and got back to my desk in time to see myself respawn at the hospital after getting killed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Shiminay wrote: »
    Oh I'm cross. I was idling in my nightclub waiting for the warehouse to fill up - had about 800k of stock to sell and I got raided while I was AFK. Lost the whole lot and got back to my desk in time to see myself respawn at the hospital after getting killed :mad:

That sucks. Start a mission (I always go with A Titan of a job) and watch tv in your apartment before going afk. Raids can't happen while on a mission and stock will still accumulate and you won't be kicked from the session for being idle while watching tv.

MOAR RAEG!

Figured out the "start a mission and watch TV" method of idling. Great stuff! Left it running last night when I went to bed to see how much I could recover. Half a million quid or there about - great!

"Deliver your truck to Paleto and then lift it out to sea with a Cargobob" - ok. Except for the Cargobob literally cannot lift the (fully armoured and weaponised) Pounder Truck. Immediately the wild pendulum swinging of the Pounder drags the whole lot into the trees, spills everything upside down and then player death when I tried to get out of the now inverted Cargobob wondering how in the flup I'm going to get this Truck upright and can I reach a location that my own Cargobob. Got my own, very delicately managed to slip the Cargobob into a gap between the trees and spent the next 3 minutes begging the Cargobob to find some extra lifting power so I can get to this fking barge on the water in the next 3 minutes before the mission times out.

Needless to say, the pendulum and lack of lift meant the whole lot went into the ocean literally 10 feet from the edge of the barge. So cross.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Shiminay wrote: »
    MOAR RAEG!

Figured out the "start a mission and watch TV" method of idling. Great stuff! Left it running last night when I went to bed to see how much I could recover. Half a million quid or there about - great!

"Deliver your truck to Paleto and then lift it out to sea with a Cargobob" - ok. Except for the Cargobob literally cannot lift the (fully armoured and weaponised) Pounder Truck. Immediately the wild pendulum swinging of the Pounder drags the whole lot into the trees, spills everything upside down and then player death when I tried to get out of the now inverted Cargobob wondering how in the flup I'm going to get this Truck upright and can I reach a location that my own Cargobob. Got my own, very delicately managed to slip the Cargobob into a gap between the trees and spent the next 3 minutes begging the Cargobob to find some extra lifting power so I can get to this fking barge on the water in the next 3 minutes before the mission times out.

Needless to say, the pendulum and lack of lift meant the whole lot went into the ocean literally 10 feet from the edge of the barge. So cross.

Sounds like you need the up-n-atomizer (or unstuckinator as I call it!) for the bit in bold. :)

The rest, well, that's on R*! :pac:

PS PlusJune free 1 mil is live on the psn store now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    PS Plus May free 1 mil is live on the psn store now.

We're in June dude :D

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    We're in June dude :D

Daaaaaamn :D

Happy enough with that to be honest, going to buy a second warehouse and source and sell crates for the week! those missions are actually enjoyable.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Any of the old Boards/Renegades crew members still playing on PS3? Was missing playing GTA online while reading through this thread so pulled the old PS3 out of mothballs & bought a second-hand copy.
    Things have changed a bit since I last played - lots of glitchy shenanigans going on. Been warped around a few times, weather is currently sunshine, blue skies & about 8 inches of snow falling and some nice randomer dropped about $30 million on my head last night. Still trying to remember how everything works, what the buttons do etc..

Man, you'd forget sometimes this was originally a PS3 game! I imagine a simpler version might be nice to play, I take it there's no Oppressor's flying around?

Not sure what an oppressor is but it’s just jets & choppers flying at the moment. There’s much less cars available to buy compared to PS4 & no crazy racetracks but I’m enjoying wandering around for the most part. Half the other players in session are level 8000 (or similar) but they couldn’t shoot their way out of a paper bag & they can’t race properly for the most part. Level 6500 but have less than 40 races under their belt etc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Sounds to me like Rockstar have effectively cut all ties with the PS3 version and allowed it to be taken over by modders!! :pac:

Nobody actually gets to level 8000. That's just the highest level in the game and is a sure sign that that account is modded! :pac:

It's pretty fair to say that they almost certainly don't give a fup about PS3 or 360 players, it's a waste of time and money at this stage. I had it on the 360, it's literally half the game it is on a proper platform. Given how much of a cash cow it is and knowing we're that we're getting another update, I can't even imagine how much of a difference there'll be over a 2 generation hardware gap.

Oppressors are jet motorbikes, mark 1 has wheels and can jump, but mark 2 can fully fly and is definitely one of the better personal vehicles (with homing missiles and anti-air flares).

Whenever I can get my hands on a PS5 I’ll jump back in properly I think. I don’t mind the glitchy stuff too much, it hasn’t really affected me negatively so far & I’m $30-odd million richer for it! :D

• Advertisement

The last time some modders dropped a load of cash on me, it was all taken away (with interest) within a week by Rockstar staff. Something to be wary of :)

Awww..that’s no fun :(

Had a very fun week sourcing and selling crates with the double cash and rp, man you can rank up quick with these kind of weeks went from a level 198 to 211 and only played a few hours. Hope we get something decent tomorrow too..

Had a very fun week sourcing and selling crates with the double cash and rp, man you can rank up quick with these kind of weeks went from a level 198 to 211 and only played a few hours. Hope we get something decent tomorrow too..

That's mostly just for the crates, they give a large amount of XP in general.

Just to add, this is the first time in 4 plus years they've done 2x on vehicle cargo.

It's been 1.5x a few times but not 2x as payout was too good, but post Cayo everything fails short of that.

C4-AEE9-E2-5353-4184-9-D99-15-F33-B8-B2-D6-D.jpg

:eek: I didn’t think I had that much money..

Edit: They’ve credited my account by over $2 billion ��

That PS3/360?

Varik wrote: »
    That PS3/360?

Yup, PS3

• Advertisement
Advertisement