Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving polytunnel & ventilation

Options
  • 17-03-2021 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,463 ✭✭✭

I'm moving a polytunnel i have for the past 3 years. The store bought tunnel frame is fine apart from the ribbed plastic cover which is shot.

I'm moving it to a sunnier spot in garden closer to my veg. Now, the plastic that came with it had a zipper door and 3 vents along each side. I've bought replacement polythene and I've to make a door frame for one end. I intend to face the door away from the prevailing wind.
    Will i need extra ventilation along sides? Its only a 3m long tunnel. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

Neither of my polytunnels have side vents. What I have is a door one end and a hinged "window" the other end that can be propped open. I read in a polytunnel book that this was recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,463 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Neither of my polytunnels have side vents. What I have is a door one end and a hinged "window" the other end that can be propped open. I read in a polytunnel book that this was recommended.

yeah, could work that. two door frames either end it is.

Advertisement