Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Battle of South America

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

After a real back and forth, we have a winner.

Chubut advances

Match 8

Buenos Aires City (ARG)

3d-flag-buenos-aires-city-600w-311453450.jpg

VS

Venezuela

thumb2-venezuelan-flag-4k-silk-wavy-flags-south-american-countries-national-symbols.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Venezuela ; prefer the colours, amn't overly keen on flags that are predominantly white

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Another vote for Venezuela, nice color combination.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Meh. Can we have the loser from the last tie go through instead?

I'll say Venezuela. I've white-flag-and-crest fatigue still from the Mexico tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I'll give Venezuela a vote, I'm over the other ones interesting weirdness ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Buenes Aires The eagle represents Spanish colonization, the Calatrava cross represents evangelism, the crown represents monarchy and the four eaglets represent four cities that were founded in that period: Santa Fe, La Trinidad (Buenos Aires), Corrientes and Concepción del Bermejo.

Venezuela The basic design of the current Venezuelan flag was determined by law on March 28, 1864. Its arc of stars represents the original provinces. The coat of arms used on the flag of government and military authorities features a wheat sheaf; a white horse; a panoply of tools, weapons, and flags; two cornucopias; and branches of laurel and palm tied with a ribbon.

I like both flags but I'm going with Venezuela. I like the colours and even though the eagle is good I am not a fan of white flags.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Venezuela - the other one has nothing at all going for it to be honest.

I just read that Venezuela is larger than France and Germany combined!! Wow!

• Advertisement

A rare whitewash ironically against the white flag.

Venezuela advances

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Buenos Aires (not that it matters lol)

Match 9

Puno (PER)

700px-Primer-lugar-de-la-bandera-regional-Puno1.jpg

VS

Maldonado (URU)

thumb2-flag-of-maldonado-department-4k-silk-flag-department-of-uruguay-silk-texture.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I'm going to contradict myself here, but that is a lovely sunset on the latter flag. So yes, it's a white-flag-with-crest effort, but it's very well done. The other one looks like 1980s computer graphics.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Maldonado (URU). On the one hand it's mostly white and has a bit too much brown on it for my liking. On the other it's got a feckin' whale spouting water!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Puno - it's a bit cartoonish but the other one (which i've voted for previously) is a bit dull compared

Buenos Aires City (ARG)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Maldonado

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Maldonado
    A whale and a castle!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Puno reminds me of the pixilated football on the International Soccer game for the Commodore 64. I don't have much else positive to say about either of them so I'll give my vote to Puno for that reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Maldonado - love this crest colour and imagery

Maldonado yes it's white but I like the whale and the castle. I also think the art work is better than the usual work on flags, the sea and sunset in particular. I really like this flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Maldonado - I'm also going to contradict myself, because despite the white background this one is superb

Cracking bout with contradiction being the name of the game.

Maldonado advances.

I'll park it off there for the night. Might throw up a couple of bouts in the morning and then we'll go from there. Have a good night everyone.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'll park it off there for the night. Might throw up a couple of bouts in the morning and then we'll go from there. Have a good night everyone.

Goodnight Omack, fantastic tournament once again.

Match 10 is on the way...

Match 10

Rio de Janeiro (BRA)

thumb2-flag-of-rio-de-janeiro-4k-state-of-brazil-silk-texture-rio-de-janeiro-flag.jpg

VS

Delta Amacuro (VEN)

thumb2-flag-of-delta-amacuro-state-4k-silk-flag-venezuelan-state-delta-amacuro-state.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Delta Amacuro (VEN) - there's a lot going on already, and then they add some stars. Seems gratuitous, but sure why not?

Advertisement