Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Battle of South America

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

sorocaba ..

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ciudad Guayana (VEN)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Tierro Del Fuego

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Tierra del Fuego

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Land of Fire wins. That's literally what it translates as. Class.

Tierra del Fuego advances

The final match of Round 2 is upon us. Stay tuned for it.

Match 32

Callao (PER)

700px-Bandera_del_Callao.png

VS

Fortaleza (BRA)

thumb2-flag-of-fortaleza-4k-silk-texture-brazilian-city-white-silk-flag.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Callao

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Fortaleza (BRA), not a huge fan of either, but it just has a little bit more going for it than the other one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Callao. Neither great, but I like the plain blue backgrounds for some of these flags.

Callao loving the purple.

Callao advances

We are now down from 256 flags to 32. Decisions are going to be that bit tougher from here on out so for round 3 I'll extend the match times to 20 minutes. Keep an eye on your subscribed threads for the commencement of the next stage. For now, take care and good night.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Callao advances

We are now down from 256 flags to 32. Decisions are going to be that bit tougher from here on out so for round 3 I'll extend the match times to 20 minutes. Keep an eye on your subscribed threads for the commencement of the next stage. For now, take care and good night.

Goodnight Omack.

Goodnight Omack.

That was your 100th post on the thread, welcome to the Century Club TM

Omackeral wrote: »
    That was your 100th post on the thread, welcome to the Century Club TM

:D Thanks Pal, g'night.

Happy Easter folks! Round 3 will be kicking off shortly.

Welcome to Round 3. Matches will have a duration of 20 minutes with usual terms applying. We go live at 12

Match 1

Yaracuy (VEN)

thumb2-flag-of-yaracuy-state-4k-silk-flag-venezuelan-state-yaracuy-state.jpg

vs

Durazno (URU)

thumb2-flag-of-durazno-department-4k-silk-flag-department-of-uruguay-silk-texture.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Durazno (URU) - two good flags, but I think the colours work really well on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Yaracuy (VEN)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Happy Easter Mack!!

Yaracuy for me.
    I like a bit of scenery in a flag!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Durazno I like the colours and the design works well

Happy Easter Macker

It's a tie and I think Aris and Zaph both make good arguments. So I'll have to make a decision myself. I feel Yaracuy would be better with a less MS Paint look in the emblem. I'd probably actually like it better without a centre piece altogether. Durazno is a little more clean for my money so it's getting my vote.

Durazno advances

Match 2

Santa Catarina (BRA)

thumb2-flag-of-santa-catarina-4k-state-of-brazil-silk-texture-santa-catarina-flag.jpg

vs

Belém (BRA)

thumb2-flag-of-belem-4k-silk-texture-brazilian-city-blue-silk-flag.jpg

Belém i love the blue background and the symbolism of the flag tells the history so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

I like Belem, but it is a bit dark, so I'll vote for Santa Catarina (BRA) its a neat well balanced flag and the hat on the star gives that bit extra.

Belém The flag is the municipal coat of arms on a dark blue field.
    The quarters symbolise the following.
    First, blue, with two arms holding cornucopiae, and a scroll inscribed Vereat Aeternum-Tutius Latente [Eternal spring--securely hidden]. This motto alludes to the Amazon and Tocantins Rivers, which hid their beauties from the eyes of the explorers.
    Second, silver with a radiant sun and a scroll inscribed Rectior cum retrogradus [Seen straight in hindsight]. This quarter recalls the moment when Francisco Caldeira Castelo Branco founded the city; the moment of the foundation was preceded by a beautiful dawn.
    Third, blue with a silver tower, symbolizing the founder, Castelo Branco, whose name means "white tower." The motto in this quarter is Nequaquam minima est (It is not the least), an allusion to Bethlehem of Judaea, after which the city is named--Belém is Portuguese for Bethlehem. (The reference is to Matthew 2:6, "thou Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, art not the least among the princes of Judah.")
    Fourth, an ox and mule on a riverbank--presumably the banks of the Amazon--symbolizing the fertility and natural potential of the Amazonian region for industry .

This is what i post before

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Santa Catarina is bold and brave as a flag, but it works well. My vote is for it

Advertisement