Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Battle of South America

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Rondônia (BRA)

thumb2-flag-of-rondonia-4k-state-of-brazil-silk-texture-rondonia-flag.jpg

vs

Vargas (VEN)

thumb2-flag-of-vargas-state-4k-silk-flag-venezuelan-state-vargas-state.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Vargas (VEN) - the sun could do with taking some anti-depressants or something, but other than that it's just a really nice flag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Rondonia
    The flag symbolizes the state (the star) shining in the sky (the blue) of Brazil (represented by the yellow and green).

Vargas
    Can't find information

I have to cast my vote for Vargas. I like the sun, the stars in the blue ribbon below it and I like the coloured stripes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Vargas (VEN)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Vargas (VEN)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

vargas nice colours, nice cute face

I'm a bit behind with the game, is it still 20mins to vote?

Yep Sinead, Round 3 matches have been extended to 20 mins.

Vargas advances.

San José (URU)

thumb2-flag-of-san-jose-department-4k-silk-flag-department-of-uruguay-silk-texture.jpg

vs

Loja (ECU)

thumb2-flag-of-loja-province-4k-silk-flag-ecuadorian-province-loja-province.jpg

Loja - i feel its more balanced and in proportion. the stars are a little dainty on the other one

• Advertisement

I don't think either particularly are contenders but San José (URU) nice smiley sun.

San José (URU). Tough one this, both great flags, but I think the particular shades of red and blue on this one are nicer.

San JoséThe red stands for the blood shed defending the motherland and its independence. The blue is the motherland's sky and the white the purity (the white appears in the small stars).

At center the sun (the same of the Uruguayan National Flag), that gives light and energy. And there are 40 small white stars (pointing up) that stand for the 40 families that founded San Jose de Mayo.

Loja
    Thought I got info before but i can't find it now.

I love both flags. I will vote for San José though as I like the symbolism.

Loja please

Ah one of my favourites has gone. Ecuador’s last remaining flag gets the boot.

San José advances

Santa Cruz (ARG)

thumb2-flag-of-santa-cruz-4k-silk-flag-province-of-argentina-silk-texture.jpg

vs

Cojedes (VEN)

thumb2-flag-of-cojedes-state-4k-silk-flag-venezuelan-state-cojedes-state.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Santa Cruz, looks like the flag of the island where Mr. Hankey, supervillain, is planning to take over the world.

Cojedes (VEN) that orange with the stylised sun is a powerful image. Not so much the chocolate sundae, even less so after Liz explained how she saw it.

I apologize(mainly to Kathleen) for my negativity the other night with both of these flags. I was extremely tired that day :pac:

Feeling a bit more refreshed at the minute so I may be able for a more positive opinion.

Santa Cruz - because even though it's a bit of a mash up of dark wild sea, snowy mountains, and bright beaming sun in one image - it's still.......... interesting..

:D:D

Santa Cruz (ARG). Against most other flags Cojedes would get the nod, but against this it almost looks boring.

• Advertisement

Santa Cruz
    The blue (color) represents the sky ; the sun is the light reflected of our national sun as symbol of divinity that was to the aboriginal people. Furthermore, the sun is the raising sun and symbolic of the dawn of the youth of this Province. It has an inferior semi circle (that has inside) the night sky, the Southern Cross and the Mount Chaltén. The later, a symbol of the primitive inhabitants of these southern lands, the Aónikenk.

In the inferior part of the flag, in blue and white colors, is represented the sea.

Cojedes
    The orange stripe is a combination of the values represented by the colors yellow and red: the region ground richness, the purity, the people faith, the constancy, the strength, the courage, The black stripe symbolizes the ferreous temper of the metal, the science, the industry and the fortitude to the Cojedenians. The blue stripe symbolizes the realism, the majesty and the beauty. The yellow gold sun remember the patriotic fire that burned and will burn in the heart of the Cojedenian people.

I voted against both flags in the last round but will go Santa Cruz here. More attractive - both the colours and the graphics and I like the symbolism involved.

I apologize(mainly to Kathleen) for my negativity the other night with both of these flags. I was extremely tired that day :pac:

Feeling a bit more refreshed at the minute so I may be able for a more positive opinion.

Santa Cruz - because even though it's a bit of a mash up of dark wild sea, snowy mountains, and bright beaming sun in one image - it's still.......... interesting..

:D:D

Don't be apologising to Kathleen, that one can be a right moany cow.:D

Cojedes (VEN)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The sun finally sets on Cojedes.

Santa Cruz advances

Don't be apologising to Kathleen, that one can be a right moany cow.:D

I was really tired that day, but my promise of a more positive opinion was really just a spoof :pac:

Paraná (BRA)

thumb2-flag-of-parana-4k-state-of-brazil-silk-texture-parana-flag.jpg

vs

Monagas (VEN)

thumb2-flag-of-monagas-state-4k-silk-flag-venezuelan-state-monagas-state.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Monagas just has too much going on. Who's that conducting the stars? Why is the sun cancelled? Why make such a complicated crest and hide it in the corner? Those stripes just don't fit either in shape or colour.

Parana is unmistakably Brazilian but it uses its three colours to excellent effect. Minus a point for having its own name written on it but still a clear winner.

I like them both but I think this one works better as a flag Paraná (BRA)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement