Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Battle of South America

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

Vargas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Rivera love that shade of blue and the stripes are arranged differently than usual. Kids all agree.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Rivera (URU) - been a big fan of the asymmetrical stripe on the left since the start, and the crest on it is pretty nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Rivera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Dont like either, but Rivera

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Don't think Vargas is all that well done. Rivera is different and neat. Rivera for me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

If I'm not too late, smug-sun Vargas

Rivera love that shade of blue and the stripes are arranged differently than usual. Kids all agree.

It looks like an identical shade of blue and the same width and orientation of stripes on both flags to me

It looks like an identical shade of blue and the same width and orientation of stripes on both flags to me

The one on extreme left is different. Probably more a ribbon than a stripe but I like it. And way more of blue on Rivera flag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's a done deal.

Rivera advances to the Quarter Finals

Remaining Round 4 matches going up before 5PM

Match 7

San José (URU)

thumb2-flag-of-san-jose-department-4k-silk-flag-department-of-uruguay-silk-texture.jpg

vs

Santa Cruz (ARG)

thumb2-flag-of-santa-cruz-4k-silk-flag-province-of-argentina-silk-texture.jpg

I could see Santa taking a nice relaxing Cruz to Argentina

San José - nice flag but a lot of flags have those colours and that sun, so it's time to say goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Santa Cruz - nice colours, interesting design and no tellytubby faced sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Hmm not a fan of either here but San José (URU) probably the better of the two.
    Not liking the brown mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

San Jose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Santa Cruz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

San José (URU) just don't like the chocolate sundae

Have voted for San José consistently but for me this time it has to be

Santa Cruz
    The blue (color) represents the sky ; the sun is the light reflected of our national sun as symbol of divinity that was to the aboriginal people. Furthermore, the sun is the raising sun and symbolic of the dawn of the youth of this Province. It has an inferior semi circle (that has inside) the night sky, the Southern Cross and the Mount Chaltén. The latter, a symbol of the primitive inhabitants of these southern lands, the Aónikenk. In the inferior part of the flag, in blue and white colors, is represented the sea.

• Advertisement

All very tight with 5 minutes to go...

San José (URU) - both great, the brown on the other one is what costs them my vote

And that’s time! Zaph misses by seconds!

Santa Cruz advances to the Quarter Finals

The last Round 4 match is on the way and it’s a cracker imo...

Omackeral wrote: »
    And that’s time! Zaph misses by seconds!

Santa Cruz advances to the Quarter Finals

Saw that. Stupid work! :mad:

Match 8

Paraná (BRA)

thumb2-flag-of-parana-4k-state-of-brazil-silk-texture-parana-flag.jpg

vs

Tierra del Fuego (ARG)

thumb2-flag-of-tierra-del-fuego-4k-silk-flag-province-of-argentina-silk-texture.jpg

Tierra del Fuego (ARG) - not usually a fan of orange, but it works really well with the blue and the design is very unique

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Parana

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Tierra del Fuego (ARG) as Zaph said, its unusal cours and unusual design, yet it woks

• Advertisement

Paraná
    It is composed of a green quadrilateral, crossed from the upper left angle to the lower right by a large white stripe, which symbolizes the Tropic of Capricorn (which passes through northern Paraná), bearing a blue circle with the five stars of the Southern Cross (Crux) in lower course. The Cross is depicted with south at the top, as it appears in the night sky.

The circle is crossed, below the "Star of Magellan", by a thin stripe that suggests a horizon, featuring the word "PARANÁ" in green, lightened by the only visible star of that constellation. The sphere is surrounded by a branch of Paraná Pine tree on the right, and by a branch of Yerba mate on the left.

Tierra del Fuega
    The flag has a white stylized flying albatross facing the upper fly, and its wingspan stretches from the canton corner of the flag to the lower fly corner of the flag. The area of the flag above the albatross is blue, and the area below it is orange. In the center of the blue area is a stylized version (using white five-pointed stars) of Crux.Blue represents the ocean and the sky, the albatross is a symbol of Tierra del Fuego, and Santa Cruz is a very famous guide constellation in the Southern Hemisphere.

From the minute I read about the albatross I was sold on this flag. I also love the way it is used to separate the flags colours rather than just plonked in the middle of the flag. I do think the orange works really well and I wouldn't be a fan of orange on flags.

I really like Paraná but in this round it has to be Tierro del Fuego. (Great name for a place too)

Advertisement