Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to get access to the activity i.e transactions etc on a closed account

Options
  • 17-03-2021 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I closed my account after leaving Ireland last year, but the Student Loan Company want proof that I've been making payments. Can I get access to the ingoings and outgoings I had on that account? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hannah1905 wrote: »
    I closed my account after leaving Ireland last year, but the Student Loan Company want proof that I've been making payments. Can I get access to the ingoings and outgoings I had on that account? Thanks
    Thanks Hannah1905 for reaching out to us.

Yes you can certainly request statements on the closed account at no cost. 

You will need to send a written request to the account holding Branch, if the address is now different to the address we had previously on file for you, please include new address in the letter request.

Hoping the information helps, 

Many thanks 
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hannah1905

Hannah1905 wrote: »
    Thanks Hannah1905 for reaching out to us.

Yes you can certainly request statements on the closed account at no cost. 

You will need to send a written request to the account holding Branch, if the address is now different to the address we had previously on file for you, please include new address in the letter request.

Hoping the information helps, 

Many thanks 
    Alison
    Hi Alison,

Thanks so much for your speedy response. The branch I set up the account with was Grand Canal Square in Dublin, so do I literally just send a handwritten letter to the branch? Presumably not with my details inside, just my full name? Is there not an email address I can send to? Lots of questions, sorry!

Thanks,

Hannah 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for getting back to us.

That's correct. They would only need your name and account holding branch to locate your account. If you include your mobile number they can certainly get in touch with you to let you know when they have sent it. We're afraid this would need to be a letter, our colleagues would be unable to accept requests via email.

Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement