Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What special characters does a Skybox allow to connect to a WiFi network?

• 17-03-2021 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I want to change the default WiFi password that came with my modem-router. I know the computers and phones in the house can input many different special characters. I'm wondering though about my father's Skybox - is that limited to a small amount of special characters? This will dictate what complicated password I can generate.

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭GIMP

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi.

I want to change the default WiFi password that came with my modem-router. I know the computers and phones in the house can input many different special characters. I'm wondering though about my father's Skybox - is that limited to a small amount of special characters? This will dictate what complicated password I can generate.

Thanks.

Just use WPS on router and Sky box, no need to input password!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭Worztron

GIMP wrote: »
    Just use WPS on router and Sky box, no need to input password!

https://www.howtogeek.com/176124/wi-fi-protected-setup-wps-is-insecure-heres-why-you-should-disable-it/

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭GIMP

Worztron wrote: »

Use WPS, connect Sky box, then disable Wps on router again. Fairly simple.

GIMP wrote: »
    Use WPS, connect Sky box, then disable Wps on router again. Fairly simple.

🤔

We've since gotten a Sky Q Box - maybe that accepts a bigger range of special characters (I don't know because a tech guy set it up when I was at work). I guess WPS is always an option as GIMP mentioned earlier.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement