Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man kills 8 in multi-venue attack

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,685 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Sand wrote: »
    This is complete projection. The reality is whenever a non-white person commits a mass killing or other terrorist event, people coming diving from every angle with 'Not all X are like that!' or that it is utterly abhorrent to draw any wider conclusions about the group the attacker hails from. Then there is the accusation that people are exploiting a tragedy for political ends and how vile that is. People expend a great deal of effort to deny, dismiss and diminish when the attacker is non-white.

Yet any time there is a white person involved in any sort of altercation - ranging from smirking inappropriately up to shootings - the act is immediately cast in racial terms. The race of the white person is immediately taken as being the motivation for the action. Broad conclusions are drawn about all white people, and particularly all white men, with white people being portrayed as a problem that needs to be solved. The most recent example being this death in London, but lets not forget the Karen hysteria. There is no restraint in exploiting the victim(s) for the fullest possible political gain.

So enough with trying to pin your own hypocrisy on others.

But people only made an issue of that because it was Trump. It was just another 'Trump did X, Trump is evil so X is evil'. Nobody made an issue at all of the 'UK Variant' or the 'South African variant' being referenced as such. Nobody is proposing that British, South African or Brazilian people are at a higher risk of attack because of variants of the virus being associated with their point of origin. That whole newscycle was nonsense from start to finish.

As for black people attacking Asians - haven't you heard? It's white people to blame. Again.

That bit in bold is absolute nonsense.

Trump has repeatedly referred to China in derogatory terms and there has been a spate of attacks, many of them unprovoked on people from asian communities over the year of the pandemic. This being the latest one.

Your reference to the UK, Brazilian variants etc completely ignores the manner in which Trump referred to China, as recently as last week in his latest cry for attention where it was even more obvious than previously that its reference as such had nothing to do with the conversation on the pandemic itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

For all we know he may have an irrational hatred of women/prostitutes/massages parlours. Maybe he was a patron and couldn't get in it up?

I am guessing he is just another...socially retareded incel looking to blame everyone for their ****ty little existance and he just focused on this place.

There is nothing whatsoever in the article to suggest that this shooting had anything to do with Covid/China/Trump/Asians/blacks.

Save for this unnecessary paragraph:

"The killings occurred amid a rising number of attacks on Asian Americans across the US since the start of the coronavirus pandemic."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

That bit in bold is absolute nonsense.

You're really going to pretend the 'Karen' hysteria didn't revolve around the Karen being white?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,685 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Sand wrote: »
    You're really going to pretend the 'Karen' hysteria didn't revolve around the Karen being white?

It revolved out of the occurrence of events where women were acting like they owned a place where they clearly didn't, or as judge and jury in situations they had no business acting as such.

You make it sound like the whole meme originated out of a focus group to target white people.

So when a minority carries out an attack we tar his entire race and/or religion with his crimes.
    When a white lad does it, so far seemingly race motivated, we attack the op, the creation of the thread and the idea that Trump might have helped the lad justify it in his mind.
    Got it.

Lone wolf so. We'll no doubt read about how he was a good lad had some troubles.

I think the key point is: Does this fit a pattern? Is there a common unifying theme linking incidents together. With ISIS, there definitely is a pattern and clearly identifiable ideology.

If this was racially motivated, then sure, you can call it a racist incident. But you can't call it racist if the victims just happen to be non-white and the killer happens to be white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

If it were a black man we would not hear about race.

People like the OP like to make everything about race only as long as it suits their narrative. Once it does not, the mental gymnastics begin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8cWaRY1Pbw

The race of the attackers is predominately black, yet that is rarely mentioned. The fact that the media was happily associating covid with China for months is also conveniently forgotten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNtNuegarko

But every attack by a person from the middle east is automatically motivated by the teachings of their religion?

And the statements we've seen on here about such attacks are much definitive than what is posted on this thread.

By all means, demand the wait for all details before topics are discussed, but, try to be consistent in calling for a need for the facts.

This attack was carried out on 3 locations several miles apart so he was obviously motivated to attack people associated with these locations.
    What do you think his motivation might have been, or are you only here to defend Trump?

Having just barely scanned the story, it seems like 3 massage parlours. Not 3 Chinese or Korean restaurants. Based on that, my gut instinct? I'd imagine there is some background story that might explain it. But that's just my first reaction without knowing specifics.

And I'm not here to defend Trump, I'm just amazed at how it gets tangentially linked to him though, in the BBC it was the first couple of sentences.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

J. Marston wrote: »
    Not a racist. Just an angry neckbeard incel...

https://twitter.com/ChenueHer/status/1372195226400534530

He was a sex addict incel, thats some Olympic level mental gymnastics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

"Long told investigators that he blames the massage parlors for providing an outlet for his addiction to sex," the sheriff's office said in a statement on Wednesday.
    He may have "frequented these places in the past," Cherokee County Sheriff Frank Reynolds said.
    "Long told investigators the crimes were not racially motivated," the sheriff's office added.
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-shootings-georgia-spas-suspect-custody/story?id=76499529&cid=clicksource_4380645_3_heads_hero_live_hero_hed

'They gave me what I asked for so I had to kill them'. He's a header allright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Cody montana

So this guy waited a full year after Covid and 2 months after Trump left office and only now he's "inspired by Trump's anti-China Covid rhetoric" into killing people that are not Chinese?

Magnificent mental gymnastics.

We don’t know the facts yet.
    But it looks like he was targeting a specific group of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

So the guy attacks 3 different locations and only kills Asian people.......... and apparently there is no racial motivation.......

The cops must take everyone for fools it seems.

It always amazes me the totally different reaction to far right terror attack committed by a white man. The fact they took him in alive also shows that the cops in the US are perfectly able to not kill a suspect when they are white somehow.

The thread title should be edited. It's not factually incorrect, but it is unnecessarily provocative.
    Would be the case if a thread on different attacks were started with 'A Black' or 'A Muslim'.

That aside, on initial readings on this, your link between the former president's rhetoric (which he repeated as recently as the last couple of weeks) is probably a very relevant point.

It should also be edited to reflect its on another continent tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Korean language media giving a different story from eye witnesses:
    https://twitter.com/e_alexjung/status/1372172564399853571?s=20

The cops in the US really do take the rest of the world for idiots, they really do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Edz87 wrote: »
    America is basically an open mental asylum at this stage.

Sad

Except it's not at all. Give me the US any day over the hell holes in Africa or the middle East to name two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Having just barely scanned the story, it seems like 3 massage parlours. Not 3 Chinese or Korean restaurants. Based on that, my gut instinct? I'd imagine there is some background story that might explain it. But that's just my first reaction without knowing specifics.

And I'm not here to defend Trump, I'm just amazed at how it gets tangentially linked to him though, in the BBC it was the first couple of sentences.

It's absolutely pathetic tbh. Trump derangement syndrome is alive and well. Turned on CNN for literally 5 minutes earlier and you'd swear Trump himself carried this attack out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

That beard is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

What a dispicable act - given all the worldwide attention of violence against women - It's killers like this , who give the majority of decent men a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

What a dispicable act - given all the worldwide attention of violence against women - It's killers like this , who give the majority of decent men a bad name.

How is that killer giving decent men a bad name? Seriously.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    How is that killer giving decent men a bad name? Seriously.

the PC killer in London gave men a bad name, ther were calls for curfews on all men.

thebaz wrote: »
    the PC killer in London gave men a bad name, ther were calls for curfews on all men.

One over-zealous and misguided person called for a curfew on all men.

It's ridiculous talk to say that a killer gives all men a bad name. Does a prostitute give all women a bad name? Do two women who cut off a man's head and throw it in the canal earning them the nickname 'the scissors sisters' give all women a bad name. Nope.

People of both sexes do illegal stuff but thankfully the vast majority of both sexes aren't tarnished with the actions of a very small minority.

• Advertisement

One over-zealous and misguided person called for a curfew on all men.

It's ridiculous talk to say that a killer gives all men a bad name.

Relax - I agree with you in principle , I'm just stating that ther were calls this week for curfews on ALL men , and marches worldwide for violence against women - and now this horrific murder happens.

BanditLuke wrote: »
    It's absolutely pathetic tbh. Trump derangement syndrome is alive and well. Turned on CNN for literally 5 minutes earlier and you'd swear Trump himself carried this attack out.

They were absolutely loving the Capitol building fiasco, I would imagine this is more fuel to the fire. They are so desperate for Nazis to fight that they will act like this guy is the second coming of Hitler. They will no doubt talk about increasing violence against Asian-Americans and imply that it's all white people who are doing it (even though there is no evidence to support it, they will use the usual smoke and mirrors).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭SeanW

This seems to be a trend now since Covid 19 was associated with China by Donald Trump, obviously all gooks look the same to a western goon.
    :confused: Seriously, what the actual freak are you talking about?

COVID-19 started in Wuhan, allegedly in a wet market. Then the Chinese Communist Party lied to the world for months so that other countries would not take precautions, like banning travel. And the World Health Organisation went along with China's lies even though Taiwan was warning the world that COVID-19 could spread from human to human and was contagious. The CCP lied, and people died.

None of this has anything to do with former President Trump, his rhetoric, white people, "Western goons" or anything else of that sort.

They were absolutely loving the Capitol building fiasco, I would imagine this is more fuel to the fire. They are so desperate for Nazis to fight that they will act like this guy is the second coming of Hitler. They will no doubt talk about increasing violence against Asian-Americans and imply that it's all white people who are doing it (even though there is no evidence to support it, they will use the usual smoke and mirrors).

Who was loving the Capitol building rioting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Who was loving the Capitol building rioting?

The Trumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

"These places were a temptation for him that he wanted to eliminate"

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1372201968509333504?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

wes wrote: »
    So the guy attacks 3 different locations and only kills Asian people.......... and apparently there is no racial motivation.......

The cops must take everyone for fools it seems.

It always amazes me the totally different reaction to far right terror attack committed by a white man. The fact they took him in alive also shows that the cops in the US are perfectly able to not kill a suspect when they are white somehow.

it's always a lone wolf whenever a white man commits a crime but when it's someone a shade darker on the dulux colour chart it's all a big conspiracy and every muslim/POC is part of a plot to kill whitey

ypres5 wrote: »
    it's always a lone wolf whenever a white man commits a crime but when it's someone a shade darker on the dulux colour chart it's all a big conspiracy and every muslim/POC is part of a plot to kill whitey

There are plenty of muslims who want to kill westerners because we don't hold the same values as them.

There aren't many white men who want to kill massage parlour workers. I suspect quite a lot of white men are very fond of massage parlour workers.

So yeah, this is probably a lone wolf attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

There are plenty of muslims who want to kill westerners because we don't hold the same values as them.

There aren't many white men who want to kill massage parlour workers. I suspect quite a lot of white men are very fond of massage parlour workers.

so we're going to ignore the growing risk white nationalists and right wing groups pose? i guess you think the attack in washington was tens of thousands of lone wolves all at once?

• Advertisement

Are you trying to downplay terrorism because he’s white?

Advertisement