If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony 65" A9 OLED price

Options
  • 17-03-2021 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I see you have the 65" A9 at £1999 but the Euro price is €2599. Is there any movement on the Euro price? Also, which TV, the A9 or the A8 is better? Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi
    I see you have the 65" A9 at £1999 but the Euro price is €2599. Is there any movement on the Euro price? Also, which TV, the A9 or the A8 is better? Thanks
    Thanks for the post babybuilder!

Our euro prices aren't a direct conversion but also reflect current ROI market prices. I can include free shipping in the sterling price if it would work out cheaper for you? I do have the KD65AG9 in stock and ready to ship!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Our euro prices aren't a direct conversion but also reflect current ROI market prices. I can include free shipping in the sterling price if it would work out cheaper for you? I do have the KD65AG9 in stock and ready to ship!

Kind regards

David

Thanks David. Is the AG9 older technology than the A8H? I hear the A8 is a brighter panel. What's your best price on the 65" A8?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Kind regards

David

Thanks David. Is the AG9 older technology than the A8H? I hear the A8 is a brighter panel. What's your best price on the 65" A8?
    Hi babybuilder,

Thanks for getting back to me!

We're actually completely sold out of the KD65A8BU at the moment (I haven't seen the A8H though?). The A8 does include IMAX enhanced although they both use the same X1 Ultimate processor!

Kind regards

David

Thanks David. I'm edging towards the A8 as it's a 2020 panel and various reviews have put it slightly ahead of the AG9. So I might give it a pass on the AG9.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks David. I'm edging towards the A8 as it's a 2020 panel and various reviews have put it slightly ahead of the AG9. So I might give it a pass on the AG9.
    Hey Babybuilder.

Not sure if we are going to see any more of the KD65A8 unfortunately.
    They have dropped off of our incoming stock listings.

There is a KE65A8 which has appeared on our .co.uk site.
    https://www.richersounds.com/sony-bravia-ke65a8bu.html
    (Stock hasn't arrived yet but should be in shortly).

• Advertisement

Hey Babybuilder.

Hi Kenny
    Thanks for the info. I've not heard of the sony KeA8. Is this model any different to the Kd A8? If it's the same spec as the 2020 A8 I'd be interested in a purchase with one eye on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Hi I see you have the 65" A9 at £1999 but the Euro price is €2599. Is there any movement on the Euro price? Also, which TV, the A9 or the A8 is better? Thanks

It's worth opening a revolut account for things like this. The exchange rate is far better than regular banks and cards. 2000 sterling is working out at 2340 euros right now

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It's worth opening a revolut account for things like this. The exchange rate is far better than regular banks and cards. 2000 sterling is working out at 2340 euros right now

Thanks. I sussed that out earlier today as a colleague showed me. I have revolut already. Just have to transfer money into my account. Then a big decision 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Snipped by Mod

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

@Sleeper12,

Please take a moment to read the Charter - queries here are for Richersounds to answer, advice/opinion from Boardies is not appropriate here.

I appreciate the intention to be helpful, but this is a rule that has served the forum well for a long time, giving Boardies the chance to deal with RS and vice versa, without the distraction of other inputs.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Advertisement

Hey Babybuilder.

Hi Kenny
    Thanks for the info. I've not heard of the sony KeA8. Is this model any different to the Kd A8? If it's the same spec as the 2020 A8 I'd be interested in a purchase with one eye on price.
    Hey BabyBuilder.

From what I can read they are the same spec.

There are a few other retails that sell it but it seems it could be a European model perhaps.

I'll keep my eye out for them landing into our main warehouse.

Hey BabyBuilder.

There are a few other retails that sell it but it seems it could be a European model perhaps.

Thanks, would anyone European model have different terrestrial and satellite tuner software and different apps? I've had experience before in relation to Panasonic plasmas in the past.

Hey BabyBuilder.

Thanks, would anyone European model have different terrestrial and satellite tuner software and different apps? I've had experience before in relation to Panasonic plasmas in the past.
    Hey BabyBuilder.

I don't think we would be stocking them if there was any issues like that as they are for sale both here in NI and the rest of the UK via our .co.uk website.

Once they land I will confirm this.
    Again on the European model, I'm only guessing on this as they can be purchased via French and Italian websites as well as some other UK retailers.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.