Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Reference Letter from BOI in order to open an account in another country

Options
  • 17-03-2021 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have moved outside of Ireland as I have been employed by a company in Cyprus and in order to receive my salary I need to open an account at a cypriot bank, I have chosen Bank of Cyprus. One of the listed documents they require I provide is a Bank Reference Letter from my bank- Bank of Ireland. Can I obtain one electronically since I have already relocated?thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Katerinap wrote: »
    I have moved outside of Ireland as I have been employed by a company in Cyprus and in order to receive my salary I need to open an account at a cypriot bank, I have chosen Bank of Cyprus. One of the listed documents they require I provide is a Bank Reference Letter from my bank- Bank of Ireland. Can I obtain one electronically since I have already relocated?thanks
    Thanks Katerinap for getting in touch with us here on Boards. 

I'm afraid it would not be normal practice for Branch to provide a bank reference letter. 

Although, we can certainly check further with your account holding Branch to see if they can accommodate request.

If you could please send us a private message with your full name as it appears on account, contact number and Branch your account is linked to. 

It's very unlikely they can email this to you for security reasons, we will check for you. 

Finally, is the address on your account yet to be updated? You can call our colleagues on 0035314044000 they can take the change of address by phone ,takes approx 5 business days to update on the system. Team are available today until 5pm. 

Hoping the above helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison 

Advertisement