Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Ireland Saint Patricks Day Virtual Meeting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Stupidest "meeting" ever...

Risteard81 wrote: »
    Stupidest "meeting" ever...

A meeting with a superpower is not a bad idea, for a small state.

Also it was definitely a meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

A meeting with a superpower is not a bad idea, for a small state.

Also it was definitely a meeting.

The US are nobodies to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Risteard81 wrote: »
    The US are nobodies to me.

and vice versa..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

He played it well in fairness to him. In particular with Kamila Harris and mentioning Mary Robinson. (recent events aside)

Good Job given the circumstances. Fair play.

It does amaze me that the world gives a **** about our national holiday. Lot's of countries have national holidays and it's hardly marked.
    St. Patricks day is a day that everyone celebrates and feels a part of. Long may it continue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,851 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I haven't been his biggest fan but in all fairness I think Michael Martin he did a good job here. Hopefully once they've used all their vaccine we can get some of their surplus.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1372235538737070081?s=20

She did a good job of pronouncing "Taoiseach".

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from Coronavirus Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭useless

She did a good job of pronouncing "Taoiseach".

She probably got coached by Donie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

It does amaze me that the world gives a **** about our national holiday. Lot's of countries have national holidays and it's hardly marked.
    St. Patricks day is a day that everyone celebrates and feels a part of. Long may it continue.

Partly due to the American connection; didnt know till last year that theres been open Patricks Day parades in New York since before the USA was created, back when they were just British colonies. I can be sure that any American army stationed around the globe would celebrate it.

Also the fact that emigration has sadly been a fairly constant thing from Ireland, and so we spread like weeds across the joint; theres alway the joke that almost every major city across the world will have an Irish pub running somewhere.

Lastly, the nature of Ireland and the celebration itself; outside the British isles, theres probably no countries who hold ill will to out sodden rock of an island. And most peoples interactions with Irish people will largely be positive. Add to that the fact the holiday is just one of celebration; its not a nation founding holiday (so Nationalism wouldnt be a large part of it), its not celebrating some major battle or victory so no aggrieved loser. Its just a celebration where you can drink or not, thers bands playing/marching and every cheers and has a good time for the sake of having a good time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Pity that rag doesn't tell the full story.

The vaccines are being "lent" to Mexico and Canada, both direct neighbours with substantial movement of people.

They will theoretically "owe" the USA vaccines.

And I don't see the big "story" the rag media is trying to create as there are over a million vaccines now due each month from April.

UK program is hitting the skids and they may regret pushing the limits of the time between 1st and 2nd shots with massive delivery issues in Apr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Lol. Joe "friend of Ireland" Biden :pac:

Advertisement