Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When looking at 'used' houses, what things do you care about?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

- doesn't require a lot of work(not looking for potential)
    - location, for me within 30mins commute to city center for work.
    - quiet location with no trouble as someone mentioned no criminals as I have lived beside drug dealers and troublesome neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

billyhead wrote: »
    The problem is you don't get to know what the neighbors are like until you move in. Op, Check out the back garden of your neighbors. You can get an impression of them by how they maintain it.

you can walk around the area and get a feel for the place or if you have family in the area they can be a great help too.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭itsusuallyjazz

For me it ended up being location, location and location

I had a wish list of the likes of privacy, drive way, big garden

have ended up buying a terraced house with a short walk to parking, mid size garden but less than 10 mins to the beach

the beach walk sold it to me and am hopefully closing on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭athlone573

Apart from the obvious, a few things I haven't seen mentioned:
    Aspect (south/west facing rear garden ideally)
    Being in the "right" parish if you are fussy about where your kids go to school
    Not overlooked
    Scope to extend or split a site eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

billyhead wrote: »
    The problem is you don't get to know what the neighbors are like until you move in. Op, Check out the back garden of your neighbors. You can get an impression of them by how they maintain it.

Known criminals = google their address and/or the street name, ask the Gardaí.

• Advertisement
Advertisement