Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW i4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Agreed. And he's taking full responsibility TBF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Any word on the exact product used? I generally detail my own car and haven’t decided yet if will detail I4 when I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ghk125

Hi all, new to this thread but waiting on my i4 to be delivered. Just wondering if anyone has purchased or had previous experience of the BMW Protect X? Seemed like a good purchase (circa €400) at the time of order but reading nothing but negative reviews lately. Thinking of cancelling. Also anyone purchase the 4 year service pack for €465? Read that the service interval should only be every two years or 20k and couldn’t get a standard service price from dealer at the time so went with it. Again not sure now if it’s worth it. Thanks in advance!

I was quoted and purchased 5 year service plan for 350.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

You don’t need the Seal & Protect. At €450 it’s a complete scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

€465 seems steep for an EV "service pack". There is no servicing on an EV. They just do an inspection, maybe rotate your tyres, check if your windscreen washing fluid is topped up and change your cabin filter and maybe brake fluid every 2-4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭v10

I was also quoted €465 for "BMW Service Pack/4YR Unlimited", it's on my order but I may remove it at delivery as I'm not likely to have the car long enough to justify it.

Yes, although looking at the quote it's not listed as 5 year - that was my assumption. I won't keep the car more than 3 years anyway, probably 2ish.

I was quoted the 465 by another dealer and when I questioned it Kearys said much less servicing in an EV so 350 was their price...

• Advertisement

It was Kearys I’ve ordered through and was only given the 4year option at €465. They couldn’t give me an individual service price or actual mileage per service but as I’ll roughly do 20k a year I was hoping that it might work out at 1 service per year, 4 in total. Otherwise I think it’s expensive for an EV.

Think I’ll definitely cancel the Protect X. More because I’m very sceptical of the quality of prep etc by the guys prepping the cars at the dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,036 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Most EVs only require a service every two years and don't have a milage requirement.

Hmmm.. that doesn't fill me with confidence, unless mine was a "last year" price....

I don't think I'd even do 10k a year - so I'm not sure if there's any point in me paying 350 for it either to be honest now that I think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,030 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Don’t see a separate thread but €150k for the entry level i7 in M Sport trim. Not so sure about the exterior but the interior looks fantastic. Some quite expensive options though looking at the configurator. Same PS as the i4 M50, slightly less torque. i7 M70 variant to follow in 2023.

Has anyone had any negative feedback from other BMW owners, seen quite a few snide comments on Reddit, especially from petrolheads...

Still relatively early in the evolution of EVs but I think the days of ICE as the default are numbered. People always resist change so will always be haters and plenty who are just gonna be nostalgic for a big petrol engine.

Surprised at just how negative some of the comments are though... "Golf cart" etc, some of it is obviously just trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭stesaurus

It's not just BMW owners. Head over to the main motors forum. It's all the same.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Welcome to the club newbie.

some of us have been taking them comments on the chin for near 10 years now 😂

But yes, you will get it consistently.

I’ve posted it many times over the last few months, we are at tipping point with EV’s now, the general public are asking about them. Joe Bloggs considers one now where as 2 years ago, they were not on anyones radar!

as the other poster side it’s very prevalent on boards too, god forbid anyone try’s to correct some of the nonsense people post about evs . Also anyone with an ev is an ev evangelist by default apparently regardless of their previous car history 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Linej

New to this forum but just to introduce myself,

Cork based, ordered in Kerry’s an i4 M50 in mid October. Mine was the joint first one to arrive for Kearys on the third week of March. I collected it last day of March due to work commitments.

Car is Mineral White (class in the sun), upgraded merino white leather 😍, visibility pack, comfort pack and 360 camera (not full tech pack) running on 19s but won the tyre lotto with Michelin PS4

Can’t rate the car highly enough. Build quality is fantastic, the tech is good. The power is GT style long journey simple when you want it and insane when you want that. I am a fanboy so don’t ruin this for me.

Consumption on mixed roads, mixed weather, some launches etc is 24kWh/100km since start so that’s circa 350km range. It does appear to be dropping as I am doing less spirited driving now that I got a few launches in.

Happy to answer any questions from prospective buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭PDVerse

Hi Linej, thanks for the update. Have you done any Ionity charging yet? Curious as to how much range you can add in a 10 minute charge.

think about the max speeds the car can charge at, so max it can charge at is 200kw per hour i believe. Say you get 80% of that, so you are charging at 160KW per hour, in 10 min you will pull ~26 KWs, which is circa 32% of the (useable) battery.

If your range at 100% charge is 350k, then theoretically 10 min would add 112km.

rough estimates but thats how you should look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I got a quote yesterday for i4 and it was with 5 years 100k km service pack at 462.99

maybe the dealer has some discretion on this?

delivery is quoted at 995 whereas it’s 875 on the BMW website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Any chance of a few pictures of the car?

Any downsides to it so far? Any spec regrets?

do you think the 50 was worth it over going for a 40 version?

this is what I’m debating myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

The only service item that would cover is the brake fluid...and that's some seriously expensive brake fluid changes so..only needs doing every 4 years.

Apart from that's it's an opportunity to get you to change discs and pads far too early, and sell you dealer markup tyres. Maybe a few red light, yellow light, green light printouts for good measure. 20 euro air filters too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭whippet

Has anyone ordered one in the last couple of weeks .. if so did you get any sort of a delivery date from the dealer. I think I am going to order next week .. just as long as it comes before end of June next year I'll be happy enough

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The 50 will always be worth it over the 40 if your used to performance cars.

It’s the same as the Model 3 Performance over the standard car, well worth it if that’s what you value.

To some, it will be a box that goes A to B and that’s fine. But it’s a very personal thing to buy the performance version over the standard and only you as the owner can justify it.

Would I justify it, hell yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

Congratulations, not a fan of white cars, apart from BMW’s in mineral white, it’s an amazing colour and car.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement

Anyone from here?

Advertisement