Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW i4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

called BMW drogheda for 2 weeks trying to place a deposit was told no can do

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Linej

No I haven’t. I installed a Hypervolt charger at home and the car won’t be doing extra long trips very often so ultra fast charging won’t be an issue for me. It could be one or two a year kinda thing.

I got mine in Kearys and it was €350 for the service pack. For me a no brainer even if I don’t keep it that long

Certainly some pics available, see above

The 40 was never on my radar as I was lucky enough to have some powerful BMWs in recent years. It was the 50 or wait until I could afford and / or get a 50. Having driven both, the 40 is lovely but the 50 is a different beast. Steering setup is completely different in the 50 as it’s less vague. The 40 had little to no feedback. If it’s a drivers car you want get the 50. As mentioned in lots of posts here the spec difference makes up most of the money difference bar about 4k and most drivers drivers would defo want that spec anyway. Also if you are PCPing the car which is what I always do then the residual valeted is higher so you aren’t necessarily paying the difference in payments, maybe half the difference in payments.

speeking to my dealer yesterday as a friend was asking, they can get a 40 by late September if ordered now but a 50 would be q1 23 and that’s not a Jan delivery just a Q1 delivery and apparently those books will close soon as there are so many pre ordered for next year. He says Q2/3 will be the default soon.

very happy with my spec choice. Being honest the laser lights are probably overkill for what I need but glad I got them, the parking cameras are a huge thing for such a precious car. The upgraded leather transforms the comfort.

the drive recorder and remote view are poor, they need to upgrade the functionality of them as the competitor is streets ahead with sentry mode and all that. If they want I am sure an OTA update could sort that.

I am disappointed the front camera doesn’t come on at t junctions etc like the iX does but I didn’t go for the full tech pack so maybe it’s a function of that and that would be my only regret then.

I have noticed full power is defo reduced once the charge goes down so any fast starts aren’t as fast imo. I don’t know at what % it reduces it but it defo seems to which I get.

delighted I stuck with 19s, the ride quality, noise and range aren’t worth it for me with that add on strip over the rear arches. It’s a personal thing.

In short if you can wait to get an M50 get one, if you can’t and you go for a 40 you won’t be disappointed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Thanks for the write up.

the merino leather looks amazing.

what typically does the car show for range when fully charged?

what apr do BMW do ? 4.9 per cent I’m guessing.

Post edited by carsfan2 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

Stunning car and wow at the interior, the quality of the interior is just unreal.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Seats are very similar to our 2017 530e.

Really nice.

What did you come from? Are you blown away with the performance or have you had EV’s before?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭whippet

Balls ... that is who i was going to order from

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ghk125

How many years does the service pack cover? I’ve my i4 ordered through Kearys and paid €463 for 4 year service pack. Delivery was €995

Thanks, the merino was defo my best choice! The range reads 390km at full. It seems to be relatively realistic at that. The caveat here is that my foot is like leads lead. My consumption is 24kWh/100km so you can do the math that way for the 80.7 kWh.

yes it’s 4.9% on PCP. It started at 5.9 but by the time I got mine it was down to 4.9

• Advertisement

We came from 330d, to 530d and then an M135i for the last 12 months as a filler until this came along so used to power but nothing like this. Instant torque is crazy. I have driven electric before but not at the numbers this is. I completely accept that Tesla is at these kinda numbers a while but other manufacturers aren’t really, Kia etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Getting really peed off now at this stage with the lack of information from my dealer in relation to the status of car. Had original date of March/April and no sign of it going into production.

Dealer has said that they had 5 of their I4s cancelled in March and are waiting for them to go back into build. They have a meeting next Tuesday with BMW to discuss and should have more info.

Im highly sceptical and thinking dealer has over sold their allocation for the year.

Well my PCP is for 4 years and the service inclusive is down at 350, I just checked the invoice so I assume it’s for the 4 years. I have looked a the BMW site which has a different pricing but maybe it changed in recent weeks

My quote is for the same amount but 5 years or 100k km. not Kearys though.

Well my PCP is for 4 years and the service inclusive is down at 350, I just checked the invoice so I assume it’s for the 4 years. I have looked a the BMW rite which has a different pricing but subs its chain recent weeks?

Is it a 40 or a 50 you went for? Without naming the dealer if you don’t want but an approx dealer location?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Ordered the 40. Ordered it from Conlons Naas. Was assured when ordering that they had a production slot for March/April available. March has gone and I’m getting distinct feeling that dealer is just fobbing me off as they haven’t been able to gove any idea what’s going on with it.

Hopefully it’s just me been paranoid. I’ll be looking for full status history of order (showing status changes) next week if I don’t get a concrete answer on rough delivery date - reason been to determine if I have actually got a production slot for this year.

Completely agree. I came from fast ICE (Evo, S3, 535d, V8’s etc) and even the leaf and i3 instant torque catches many off the line.

It will be hard to ever go back to ICE in my opinion but I still appreciate a nice one. Only last night I stopped at McDonalds with the kids and my 11 year old has never heard of a Subaru Impreza STi when I pointed one out to him. I had to let him google it as I was showing him around it in the car park 🤣

Tesla set the bench mark but the rest are catching or have caught up.

It comes down to personal choice now in my opinion. I like the minimalist nature of the Tesla, my wife likes the buttons in her F10.

It’s like android V iOS now I feel and there’s no wrong choice.

My dealer tells me BMW have told them only two m50 models per dealer available next year and they already have three orders so I’ll not be guaranteed one but he’s advised putting in the order as there’s a chance allocations will be increased.

The 40 model seems more easily got alright but there is only a few grand difference when I put my preferred spec 40 against the m50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

My saga is hopefully finally coming to an end.

Grill destroyed by a detarring product as previously posted. Most of that has been replaced but a couple of pieces are on backorder so I've agreed to take the car and bring it back to have those fitted when they are delivered.

I opted for the lazerlights. Both headlights were found to have issues while at the detailer. One had a hairline crack, the other a chip. Very very expensive replacement and the dealer blaming the detailer while the detailer blamed the dealer. I can genuinely see both perspectives and sympathise with both. Came close to me rejecting the car but lights have been replaced now too.

Car was registered today and I hope to collect it tomorrow AM. Will post pics when I do (assuming no other issues).

This has been a rollercoaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

I really don't understand how allocations are so small and also why have it in such a relic way where each dealer gets 2 orders. Surely they can have it first come first served at this stage? How many cars are they building per month I wonder, seems incredibly small and also looks like they don't give a f##k about Irish customers either! I guess we are a little awkhard compared to the rest of the EU!!

• Advertisement

I don’t know if it’s because BMW Ireland is now run from GB but I bet UK dealers are getting more allocations than Irish ones. Seems demand for m50 higher than anticipated. For me there is 4K between my spec 40 and 50, so I think the 50 will feel more special for not much more money, if it can be got.

Picked up the car this morning... salesman was a good guy, despite all the hassle (for him, and me and the detailer) he's been diplomatic, professional and all in all very fair to deal with.

The sales manager on the other hand, an absolute ignorant, aggressive and rude pr*** - I will never ever purchase another vehicle from the same dealer as long as he is there - the way he talked to me on the phone makes me wonder about his ability to operate under any kind of pressure but my dealings with him are done now thankfully.

Car is awesome to drive, really enjoying it so far, will post re range when I've done some decent mileage. Few pics below.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Looks lovely, well wear!

Nice house too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭whippet

looks lovely.

I've just come back from the dealer - almost ready to put in an order hoping for Q1 / Q2 next year:

i40 - SanMarino Green (red brake callipers) - MSport Pro Pack - Sun Roof - Harmon Kardon sound system - Tacora Red Leather (not over sure about this) - Alum Mesh effect interior - 19" 860 M Aerodynamic Midnight Grey Alloy Wheels

I still haven't had a test drive and I won't order until I get a decent drive in one.

Go look at Joe Achilles channel on you tube. He just collected his M4 with the red leather. It might give you a flavor for it in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Looks supurb. Can I ask what happened the front grill, was it your detailer or the garage detailer?

It was the detailer.

He uses Tardis on it. He was chatting about it on a Facebook detailing group.

Used it 100’s of times before but it just reacted to the bmw grill!

My detailer, but I had not taken custody of the car yet, dealer dropped to him - hence the legal issues.

Product was Autosmart Degreaser G101 - reacted and did serious damage to the grill.

Seemly he posted it was not the degreaser. It was tardis, which is a fairly potent tar remover.

I can’t find the post on the FB Group so the legals must of removed it.

• Advertisement

Who posted, the detailer? I've been speaking with him directly and he told me it was the AutoSmart degreaser.

I'd better find out for sure either way.

Bit suspect that I've been told one thing and something else being posted on FB.

Advertisement