Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW i4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It’s gone now unfortunately so I can’t even search the post. My comments are gone on the post too and when I search my name, they don’t appear.

i suppose it makes no difference as it’s getting covered but the consensus among many of the detailers (some of the biggest in the country) posting on the chat was that the new age bmw grills are a nightmare. With some saying they actually tape them up before applying chemicals now.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Car looks great (nice house aswell!). Glad to hear the hassle you’ve been through with both the detailer & dealership is nearly done with….

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

Now thats a car to aspire to. Fantastic machine, good luck and safe driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Are those wheels more expensive than the regular 19” ?

I don’t see them on the configurator.

great spec by the way. I’m thinking same colour interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭whippet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Two things that came to mind after a day of driving.

When in B mode, one pedal driving, does the brake light activate at the rear when I take foot off the accelerator?

There's a tyre repair pack in the boot, every BMW I've ever owned has been on run flats, I assume this one is therefore not?

Yes it should do. My i3 lights came on.

I would assume non run flats too as the rolling resistance and noise of them don’t work in the EV formula.

Yes, the brake light comes on in B

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I would just avoid any product on the front grill in future - would not take the chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Hot soapy warm water... That's it.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

The runflats I’ve had previously all say RF on them, or something to indicate they’re runflats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Received a call from Dealer there and he said that BMW won’t provide a date for when it will go into production, he’d hope June/July but cant say for definite. Had a built date of March/April originally.

He also said that the plant is only operating at 30% capacity at moment due to component shortages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭v10

Have you a Order number? If not, ask your dealer. I just used the UK BMW Live Chat to get a status for mine. They were able to tell me it's currently status 112 'Scheduled for production', estimated production week is 21 (commencing 23rd May) and estimated to be delivered on week 25 which commences on 20th June. Subject to change of course but it's something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

When it’s at 112, are you able to change anything?

Yes I believe so, 112 is the last point at which you can make a change though

I have a production number in this order sheet, see attached pdf (With crudely blanked info by me!) 😂.

Anything on that of any use?

That hasn’t been updated in a while, showing production 04/01/22 which means week 4 of 2022, delivery week 5.

What can I request to get proof that my order is actually legitimate and one of the dealers allocation for the year? Should I have an actual order number?

I have a strong suspicious the dealer is waffling to me and want to call them out if I’ve been lied to about getting one of the allocations for this year. I cancelled a deposit with another dealer to go with them when they promised they still had a few left for the year. Other dealer sold allocation for the year but put me on list if they got extra allocation.

Found my 7 digit order number on original new vehicle quotation they sent me. I’ll try that chat tomorrow when opens. Thanks

• Advertisement

what you posted looks pretty legit. The screenshots I got from my dealership look identical, the odd thing with yours are the dates. Just my opinion, but production didn’t ramp up until February so to have a January production date is a bit odd. How old is that screenshot? If it’s recent you’d imagine the dates would have been updated. I know just speaking with my own sales rep back in March that he had no idea when they were getting any of their eDrive 40s even though they had expected them before their M50s.

if the order form has your name with a status code that’s a confirmed order, again just my opinion. Production stoppages have obviously caused a lot of chaos. I got lucky enough that my car was finished the week before they stopped.

Got that PDF from the dealer the other day, not sure if he generated it from the system last week or if he just grabbed the pdf from some old archive or what. Don’t have a clue how their systems work.

They are claiming 5 of their i40s are affected.

yes that production number at top left of page is what I used to get a status update, I had to use a UK VPN for the online chat to work and make sure you don’t have any Adblock on as that also seemed to stop it working.

Is the production number all they ask for or do they ask any security details or where you placed the order?

No they didn’t ask anything, I just asked for an order update and gave that number.

So used that genius chat and was told that my order was status “Cancelled”! Genius chat couldn’t tell me date it was cancelled as their system comes up with an error as AG number doesn’t exist anymore.

They said that it could be that the dealer cancelled the order and put it though as a new order, to contact them!

Dealer told me that the status was moved out of 111/112 by bmw, nothing about it going to status cancelled or that they, the dealer, cancelled it.

Now the question is this, could bmw have cancelled it and dealer is been honest or did the dealer cancel it and give the slot to someone else that possible had a trade in to go with car!

not good, surely the dealership would know that the order was cancelled? Or did they put the order in again? Very poor customer service from the dealership.

If this is how the “Premium” brands are treating customers, what hope is there for anyone!

I’m going to email them and ask these very questions, want a paper trail for all this.

Im really not impressed with the customer service from them. The lack of clear timely details on what’s going on is not what I would have expected from a BMW dealership. Taking ages to respond to simple emails and then not answering questions fully or giving vague reply’s.

• Advertisement

This is the way they all are generally.

once the order is placed they are thinking of the next order not the one in the bag. Premium brand or not you’re just a meal ticket.

Unrelated but my dealer told me this morning that there are price rises of circa 2k coming from June on most models.

Advertisement