Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW i4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I don't use the digital assistant at all. It's a piece of ****. Slow and the results are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

You're better off using the bmw app and send whatever address you want to the car then it just pops up and off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Do all the features of the bmw app and in car navigation remain after 3 years or do you have to pay a subscription? Audi annoyingly require a yearly subscription of roughly 240 for Audi connect and navigation plus after 3 years. Can’t sent destination to car without it and the navigation search seems to struggle to find places also..almost like they have a much reduced database of searchable places.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Not all the features but the destination transfer still works on our 2014 520d.

That’s a non paid option. But the online services are gone and the live traffic etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭v10

Still works on a 2015 bmw I had but they must’ve changed this with iDrive 7 because my 2019 Bmw can no longer do anything remotely, €99 per year to renew

• Advertisement

I'd say it also expires on my 2019 this month or the next, but was told the M50 should arrive in October so it will be the next guy's problem 😂

It also works on our G30 2017 530e too.

We haven’t extended the online services for that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I just stick with android auto. So much better having seemless transition between cars.

Android auto is my fail safe but don't like the fact it's not "full screen". On the bmw app it seems to be using google maps or something as it finds a lot more stuff than inside the car.

Buzzed BMW genius chat to see status of car and it’s gone from production starting 3rd Oct to now 24th Oct…the never ending push out continues, really has ruined the excitement and experience of buying a brand new car.

Lets assume it goes into production on 24th Oct, how long before likely to have the car?

• Advertisement

Did they say October 2022 or 2023?

sorry :o

That'd be iDrive 6 though wouldn't it? I was a bit annoyed that it expired in mine, well annoyed because it expires 3 years (+ 3 months grace) after build date of the car .. so my car was built in October 2018 and purchased new in April 2019 .. but the remote services all expired in January 2021, it still shows messages, car status, servicing etc but none of the remote services work.

Checked mine again today and still stating build week October 3rd, I've been told to add about 4 weeks to delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

Mines went to status 150 on 9th Aug and I’m expecting to to be delivered in the next 2-3 weeks, it’s at status 190 now which means it’s in the process of being delivered.

😂 At this rate nothing would shock me with them!

Had a bit of free time few Saturdays back so strolled into Porsche Dublin just to completely tease myself! Speaking to sales guy he said they have had a lot of people with i4s on order over last few months in enquiring about the Taycan due to delays with i4.

Told me could have one for me definitely in Q1 if I order, maybe in January. Too much of a stretch budget wise.

Yes I think so. It’s touch screen and gesture control and the front centre console is touch screen but I’ll check the iDrive version.

What’s the easiest way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Based on comments above I need to check in with dealer and see if my M50 is still on track for January.

Wonder will they flip my eDrive40 to existing customer or actually put it up for public sale.

I don't think they'll have to discount it too much.

they mightn’t discount it at all, I’ve seen many cars (with long waiting lists) go for rrp and even higher at six months old from dealers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Nice update to the Android "My BMW" App - tracks your trip data in the app now.

Wonder how much of this data will be extractable via the API.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Don't hold your breath

I'm waiting since February.....

• Advertisement

For an I4 or Taycan?

Our i4 was originally due last March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Taycan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Is it a GTS? I know it depends on the model? Did they give you a lock in date yet?

Interesting, I see BMW and KIA use the same charging app, just different branding. I assume it’s down to their Ionity partnership along with Mercedes, Ford, VW, Porsche etc

How many i4 owners have we on this thread and how do you find them ? first time to wander on in to this thread.

I'm keen to know how you find the idrive on this one ? It's the single biggest thing I miss on my old i3, never again will I buy a touch screen only car and it's downright dangerous, lucky I have the travel assist, you'd need it just to turn on the fecking radio ffs! Perhaps software updates will improve it in the future but in reality you can't beat physical buttons and an Knob, no software or screen can make up for buttons and knobs, I see it in Amateur radio now too, radio manufacturers building transceivers with big screens with less space for knobs and buttons and many menus, screens have taken over.

I hope the battery in the i4 is as reliable as it is in the 2017 94 Ah i3, stunning performance, after almost 5 years and 143,000 kms still showing absolutely no loss of range and I certainly saw no loss of range over the same trips and terrain, weather etc truly and utterly amazing for a small battery. If BMWs new gen electrics hold up as well they will make absolutely amazing 2nd hand cars. They had some amazing cooling tech too, direct AC cooled, no coolant, do they use this in the i4 ?

I wonder is there a hidden menu in the i4 to see the battery capacity ?

I didn't baby it either and rarely cared about 100% charges, in fact BMW make it very difficult to get anything less than a 100% charge in the i3.

I'd love another BMW EV.

Lewis Motors have a 4S in stock. I don’t think it will last long.

You have a bit of reading to do.

On this thread alone we had car failures that took 111 days for bmw to fix.

I too had an i3 and it was a leap forward by bmw. The BMS was probably the best out there including Tesla. But the i4 is designed as an ICE car but then tweaked to be an EV.

The result is small cabin space, transmission tunnel and the petrol flap holder still in place. BMW could have had a stunning car, in many ways it still is but it’s let down by the ICE platform it shares.

It will keep the bmw faithful within the brand, those that don’t like screens, minimalist design etc

My parents for example, are already saying the next replacement for their 530e will be an i4.

Nobody knows about the battery life yet as they have only appeared in 221 so there’s nothing older than a few months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 fakedel

Ah excellent. Have been waiting a long time for them to bring this into the app. Thanks!

That's a shame there are issues, the i3 was an amazing car, no idea why BMW choose ICE conversion route, probably cost, the Germans love saving the cash ( I live with one ) but I suppose the German Car companies pay their employees well and give good bonuses and I suppose any savings they can pass on to employees is always good, still, it would be nice to see a dedicated EV platform.

Touch screens might be fine for some functions when the car is stopped, but on the move they are a big distraction and it can be difficult to access some things when the car is moving and hit off the wrong thing. The Idrive system is much better in my opinion.

• Advertisement

The next version of the i4 will be an EV from the ground up I believe.

Touch screens V knobs is really a personal choice. I much rather the touch screen over the 64 buttons in our 520d.

mist control are one touch away. The controls you use daily. Others are in the steering wheel or voice activated. But I do agree, it’s a personal choice at the end of the day.

Some use a smart phone and others prefer the Nokia 6310i.

Advertisement