Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW i4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Fingers crossed easy fix. Ace Autobody is who bmw will send it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭v10

Admittedly I have a heavy foot but that's impressive, I'd imagine the M50 will rarely see much less than double that !

If I get 20 in the M3P on a motorway run I’m happy. But that’s at the speed limit.

Any advice on how I deal with the damage?

Do I go to BMW?

Deal with their insurance company?

Do I go to my paintwork guy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Their insurance will want cheap. You and BMW will want it done right. Easy hpchoice from there. Lucky an honest person hit it.

Stay Free

Do I deal with her insurance or my dealer does or what's the mechanics of it?

She said get estimate and she would decide if she'd pay or let insurance cover it.

Not sure how to proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

You make sure you have her insurance details. You should inform your own insurers of the details so there is a record. Ask them if you need to let her jnsurer know. Get your estimate and if there is any issue with payment, go through her insurer. People are often surprised how expensive a few scrapes can be and minds change quickly.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

You are trading this car in soon, my advice is delete the posts about this and get it fixed in private. No good will come of advertising the car has seen paint.

• Advertisement

BMW will send you to ace Autobody as previously stated.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Fair play to that person, some would drive off.

Let BMW sort it. I had a wing replaced on mine after someone hit it and when I was trading it they said as BMW fixed it there would be no loss on trade in, I had never considered this. My car was new so I wanted it fixed back to "new".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Yeah I'd say go to your paint guy, pretty sure it will flag it as being in an accident if you go via insurance, if anyone checks its history in the future.

I had some scrape fixed by BMW in the past, quality was very meh.

Can't see that being more than 300-400 if it's just the corner and no damage to the parking sensor, you can't paint those.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

Wow thats amazing efficiency.

I did a similar journey in my iX3 in January (except from Limerick) 24kwH/100km to Ionity Kill, and then 16kwH/100km into Dublin city. I put the dramatic improvement down to , toasty battery after charging, lower speeds, smoother road surface and the rain stopping.

100% agreed with that.

I always get amazing efficiency after a DC charge on my way into Dublin city centre.

For context, the return journey this morning, slightly colder and I drove probably a little bit faster.

Dublin to Cork

22.6 kWh/100km at an average speed of 102km/h but mostly 130 on the motorway.

Those are more realistic numbers in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I think bumper repair and re-spray will be around €400 - maybe offer the other driver just sort it in cash and leave BMW/insurers out of it.

Yeah I did that.

Said I'd get a quote first and give her the offer of covering out of pocket or going the insurance route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

I got lesser than that scrape fixed in Jan under similar situation. I just contacted my own insurance company with the details as the third party did not make any effort to even come out of their car to see the damage. Both companies rang me to get the details on what happened and once it was clear we were not to blame I was recommended to call to their approved repair company, arranged time for inspection and got an estimate few days later.

The repair estimate was 1300 at Ace Autobody and they did a good great job with the repair. Arranged a replacement car etc etc.

A simple bumper respray at Ace is about 800. I asked as I have some lacquer peel on the other bumper. Decided not to get it done.

Here I am handing back this crashed car that works fine 😋....you have enough experiance with that garage at this stage to know they will try and get more dosh out of you, and rightly so, as far as they know the car has never seen paint. I know its only minor but they could be well within their rights to seek another 1-2k off you to cover the loss of residual value. Handing it back and trading it in are really the same thing. Car works fine now, is repaired to a good standard. So they are trading it in for you at an agreed price, based on what they know of the car. We do not have "lemon laws" in Ireland only the consumer protection laws and the tort laws. They have fulfilled their requirements under these regulations, and you have used the cars extensively since. The car is already older than they expected to take it back, so when a business is loosing money, best not give them an excuse to minimize their losses, as they already consider you a loss making customer (the very worst kind of customer) they really dont care if you are all that happy.

Just saying. I have posted many a internet car post and photo, and I have crashed many cars and had to repair damage, but never the twain shall meet. My 2c

• Advertisement

Crashed car... A bit hyperbolic for a scratched bumper.

Its not what you think, or I think ( I agree with you that why I wrote that in the previous post) its what the dealer who is searching for a out on your deal, thinks. I have had less damage than that to a rear bumper called structural by a main dealer. But look its up to you, but cannot help but think it imprudent to advertise.

I said the same yesterday morning but was ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭carsfan2

In other i4 news, the i4 35 has been launched in Ireland and UK. €61335 for the sport model. Equipment identical to the 40 model.

Post edited by carsfan2 on

• Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What a stupid price. Make it €59,995 and get more customers through the door where they feel they're getting a decent price of €54,995 after the grant.

I agree. it's actually 60340 plus 995 delivery so would only need to be slightly cheaper. that said it is not going into production until April so probably won't be here before the grant gets reduced. Add any spec and it would go over anyway. MW can't produce enough to meet demand as it is so I can't see why they are adding more models..

They had to bring out the 35 version to get into the lower end of the market, but I would have expected it below the grant. Maybe by the time it gets here, there will be no grant indeed!

Long waiting list for specific models but there’s 23 on donedeal now ready for collection.

Wasn't ignored. It was noted.

Car is going to be brought to the main dealer and made good as per their advice and costs.

The colleague who damaged it will have an estimate and an option to pay out of pocket or go via their insurance.

At the end of the day the car is less than a year old and due to go back to the dealer soon, I'm not going to assume any risk on behalf of anyone else. And whilst I think I'm 95% sure a paintjob would suffice, it's not my call and I'm not risking it. I'm not a professional in this area.

The history of the vehicle and the entire saga is available on this thread for anyone who wishes to search/ research it.

I've nothing to hide.

How it plays out when the new vehicle arrives remains to be seen but I expect our agreement (in writing) to be honoured, and that requires both parties being forthcoming, hence my decision to take the car to the dealer.

I've been a customer of this dealer for over 20 years, and I'd imagine they realise there's potentially another 5-10 new cars in mez so whether they take the hit on this one or not will be their decision, but the earlier post asserting that they've fulfilled their obligations is untrue (not your post IIRC).

We have a documented agreement as part of a dispute resolution and it's reasonable for both parties to expect specific performance of that agreement in good faith.

Time will tell if that is what actually happens.

The prices being asked of the 23 on done deal are crazy if you ask me but dealers know they can get that if you want one immediately. My guy told me this week that an order even for a 40 model now would be a 2024 car.

the 35 sport model with a couple of options is probably a great buy. Still got a 6 second 0/60 time so plenty of poke and good range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

So an e40 with less kwh and poorer motor.

They should bring back the good ol days of cloth seats for Ireland while they're at it and call it eco BS... 🤦‍♂️

Advertisement