Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conspiracy Theorists proven correct with vaccine Dangers

Options
  • 17-03-2021 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

conspiracy theorists ...proven correct ...with the dangers of vaccines ...as the irish government and many governments worldwide halt the AstraZeneca vaccine

quote : Germany, France, Spain and Italy all joined Ireland yesterday on a growing list of countries to suspend the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine after it emerged it could cause blood clots on the brain.

An emergency session of the EMA (European Medicines Agency) - led by Irishwoman Emer Cooke - is being convened today to consider the disturbing safety concerns about the vaccine.

The shocking potential side effects of one of the ‘game changer’ jabs in the battle against Covid was raised at the NPHET media briefing last night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Which conspiracy theorists were claiming that this vaccine could cause blood clots?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭Allinall

conspiracy theorists ...proven correct ...with the dangers of vaccines ...as the irish government and many governments worldwide halt the AstraZeneca vaccine

quote : Germany, France, Spain and Italy all joined Ireland yesterday on a growing list of countries to suspend the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine after it emerged it could cause blood clots on the brain.

An emergency session of the EMA (European Medicines Agency) - led by Irishwoman Emer Cooke - is being convened today to consider the disturbing safety concerns about the vaccine.

The shocking potential side effects of one of the ‘game changer’ jabs in the battle against Covid was raised at the NPHET media briefing last night.

Come back to us next week.

Don’t think your post will age well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

4 people had a reaction, and they are not even sure if the vaccine was to blame, it might just be coincidence.

4 out of tens of millions.

Must. Try. Harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

OP next time you get some drug or other on prescription have a read of the leaflet that comes with it and see what it says about Possible side effects. In comparison to your average drug prescription the vaccines are much safer.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But you guys weren't claiming that the vaccines would cause blood clots.
    You claimed that it would be deadly. You claimed that it would cause infertility. You claimed that it would contain nanotechnology for nefarious purposes. You claimed that the vaccines were the mark of the beast.

Additionally if the conspiracy theorists were correct, why has the government admitted that these *possible* side effects are a concern?
    You guys were claiming that they were already covering up side effects that would be very obvious, including people dropping unconscious and dead immediately after injection. It doesn't make sense for them to say there might be dangerous side effects and stop the vaccine if their goal is to trick is all into getting the vaccine/implant us with chips/sell us to Satan/ whatever.

Also what about the claims of martial law, forced vaccinations, installation of a communist/fascist government?

It's very strange for you to claim that conspiracy theorists were right about anything here.
    Looks more like grasping a straws.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

NIMAN wrote: »
    4 people had a reaction, and they are not even sure if the vaccine was to blame, it might just be coincidence.

4 out of tens of millions.

Must. Try. Harder.

i think its alot more than four to say the governments suspended the vaccine example another three in spain

quote :The Spanish Health Ministry on Wednesday said it is investigating three cases of thrombosis among recipients of the AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine, one of whom has died. One of the cases was reported on Monday, and the other two on Tuesday.

uk vaccine monitering states

Yellow Card reporting trends

Up to and including 28 February 2021, the MHRA received and analysed a total of 54,180 UK
    reports of suspected ADRs to the COVID-19 Oxford University/AstraZeneca vaccine. These
    reports include a total of 201,622 suspected reactions (a single report may contain more than one
    symptom). The first report was received on 4 January 2021.
    Additionally, up to and including 28 February 2021, the MHRA received 275 Yellow Card reports
    where the brand of vaccine was not specified by the reporter.
    In the week since the previous summary for 21 February 2021 we have received a further 3,482
    Yellow Cards for the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, 11,263 for the Oxford University/AstraZeneca
    vaccine and 111 where the brand was not specified. A higher number of doses of the Oxford
    University/AstraZeneca vaccine were administered in the last week than the Pfizer/BioNTech
    vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

King Mob wrote: »
    Also what about the claims of martial law, forced vaccinations, installation of a communist/fascist government?

eh ...you'd want to get out more often... is that not what we have at the moment .. to me it sure looks like it

eh ...you'd want to get out more often... is that not what we have at the moment .. to me it sure looks like it
    No it's not. You're being a bit hyperbolic and a little ridiculous.

You've also dodged my points. Why have you done this?
    To me and most people it looks likes you're dodging them because they are right and you can't argue against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It actually contradicts conspiracy theorists, who repeatedly claim that governments push "dangerous" vaccines on the public. Governments have suspended use after just a handful of unlinked cases out of millions, which demonstrates how overly cautious they are.

• Advertisement

i think its alot more than four to say the governments suspended the vaccine example another three in spain

quote :The Spanish Health Ministry on Wednesday said it is investigating three cases of thrombosis among recipients of the AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine, one of whom has died. One of the cases was reported on Monday, and the other two on Tuesday.

Up to and including 28 February 2021, the MHRA received and analysed a total of 54,180 UK
    reports of suspected ADRs to the COVID-19 Oxford University/AstraZeneca vaccine. These
    reports include a total of 201,622 suspected reactions (a single report may contain more than one
    Additionally, up to and including 28 February 2021, the MHRA received 275 Yellow Card reports
    In the week since the previous summary for 21 February 2021 we have received a further 3,482
    Yellow Cards for the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, 11,263 for the Oxford University/AstraZeneca
    vaccine and 111 where the brand was not specified. A higher number of doses of the Oxford
    University/AstraZeneca vaccine were administered in the last week than the Pfizer/BioNTech
    vaccine.
    Of these yellow cards, how many are blood clotting issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

The vaccine does not cause clots above the expected prevalence in society. People had clots long before Covid.
    You'll be seeing this soon.

Rodin wrote: »
    The vaccine does not cause clots above the expected prevalence in society. People had clots long before Covid.
    You'll be seeing this soon.

I'm going to predict that if/when these same experts and organisations declare the vaccine safe and there's no link between it and the blood clots, conspiracy theorists well claim these folks are actually part of the conspiracy and are covering it up.

King Mob wrote: »
    I'm going to predict that if/when these same experts and organisations declare the vaccine safe and there's no link between it and the blood clots, conspiracy theorists well claim these folks are actually part of the conspiracy and are covering it up.

While providing no evidence whatsoever for any of their claims...religious zealots at their worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,315 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Errr emmm, vaccines have always been dangerous for some, so did the dangers come first or the conspiracy?

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Which conspiracy theorists were claiming that this vaccine could cause blood clots?

Hey OP, you've ignored my question.

I'll repeat it once more and if you don't answer we'll all have to assume it's because the answer is none.

And just in case you were wondering why I'm asking, in order for the Conspiracy Theorists to be proven correct, they must first have made the claim that this vaccine will cause blood clots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Apoapsis Rex

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Hey OP, you've ignored my question.

I'll repeat it once more and if you don't answer we'll all have to assume it's because the answer is none.

And just in case you were wondering why I'm asking, in order for the Conspiracy Theorists to be proven correct, they must first have made the claim that this vaccine will cause blood clots.

I agree with him, OP. Its no use saying the sky is blue. If you haven't mentioned which shade of blue, there is no evidence the sky is blue.

I agree with him, OP. Its no use saying the sky is blue. If you haven't mentioned which shade of blue, there is no evidence the sky is blue.
    More like declaring the sky is full of blue aliens that the government is hiding. Then declaring you're right cause the sky is also blue.

Could you point out where conspiracy theorists were claiming that the vaccines would be causing blood clot issues at a rate similar to the rate that occur otherwise?

If you can't, in what way were conspiracy theorists correct?
    Where the ones who were claiming that the vaccine is part of a global conspiracy to implant people with nanotech tracking devices correct?

Same people crying about nanotech tracking have no problem with their phones being on all the time which are easily tracked.

Such idiocy.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

vaccine.

First thing, with the Spanish three cases. They're looking at three cases out of 970,000 AZ doses administered.
    That hardly proves that the vaccine is dangerous, even if (and it's not proven yet) the vaccine contributed to the problems.
    Do you think it does?

What about the 969,997 who had either no side effects, or minor ones (sore arms are apparently common)?
    How many of those almost 1m people would have died of Covid if they weren't vaccinated?

I just took a look at side effects from a common pain killer available over the counter, and there are significant side effects (up to death) in a very small number of cases.
    I don't want to name it in case it causes some people to stop taking it, but I'd invite you to do your own research and compare with the 3 in 1m that we're talking about here.

Do you think we should ban all medicines that can, in rare cases, produce serious side effects, and instead accept bad outcomes in a vastly higher number of cases?

You need to get real here, and not simply swallow what you read on fringe web sites!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

Are you seriously saying that conspiracy theorists have been proven correct!!

You're judgement is seriously flawed if this is the conclusion you can draw!!

PintOfView wrote: »

I don't want to name it in case it causes some people to stop taking it, but I'd invite you to do your own research and compare with the 3 in 1m that we're talking about here.

Asking a CTer to do their own research seems a bit redundant.

PintOfView wrote: »
    First thing, with the Spanish three cases. They're looking at three cases out of 970,000 AZ doses administered.
    That hardly proves that the vaccine is dangerous, even if (and it's not proven yet) the vaccine contributed to the problems.
    Do you think it does?

What about the 969,997 who had either no side effects, or minor ones (sore arms are apparently common)?
    How many of those almost 1m people would have died of Covid if they weren't vaccinated?

I just took a look at side effects from a common pain killer available over the counter, and there are significant side effects (up to death) in a very small number of cases.

Do you think we should ban all medicines that can, in rare cases, produce serious side effects, and instead accept bad outcomes in a vastly higher number of cases?

You need to get real here, and not simply swallow what you read on fringe web sites!
    Remember also that we have been told repeatedly by conspiracy theorists that the number who have died from covid is not significant.

Even if these blood clots are related to the vaccine, and even if all of those cases lead to death, the death rate is still far far lower than the death rate due to covid.
    So to conspiracy theorists, the amount of deaths due to the vaccine must be even more insignificant.
    Yet, they are telling us that the vaccine is too dangerous.

This makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Nah, not even close mate. The vague notions that they'd be dangerous were based on little more than irrational paranoia. Even if AZ was causing people to drop stone dead, I still wouldn't give ye the credit, as there was actually no real supported or researched reason for you lads to hold these beliefs other than knee jerk distrust towards government and pharmaceutical industries. Can you show me even one of your fellow conspirators who predicted that AZ or any vaccines even would potentially increase rate of blood clots? Yeh, exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 22,299 ✭✭✭✭endacl

EMA just confirmed AZ vaccine as safe.

As ye were. Back to Bill Gates and 5G. Panic averted!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Mod: seeing as OP used the EMA meetings as part of his narrative, Thread closed on back of the findings today. Not a valid Conspiracy Theory

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement