Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning Faulty Ramm to UK

Options
  • 18-03-2021 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Hi i bought Ramm for my PC pre Brexit and 1 of the sticks is now faulty but is still under warranty. have been instructed by corsair to return the 2 sticks (good and bad one) back to the UK, leaving me with 1 stick of very old and small ramm so i can start and work on my pc.

will i get caught for Tariffs and vat on returned items,

and will i get caught again when corsair return my 2 new replacement sticks?

this Brexit is a total disaster for the simplest of things :mad:

thanks in advance.

the value of the ram is probably over 100 euro (when new)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The return is nothing to do with you and paying VAT, that's up to Corsair. They should supply you with a return invoice stating that the RAM is being replaced as faulty. They should also put an invoice with the replacement sticks showing zero value as a replacement for faulty RAM. They should also advise their courier that in the event of a request for VAT, that they will be be paying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

whiterebel wrote: »
    The return is nothing to do with you and paying VAT, that's up to Corsair. They should supply you with a return invoice stating that the RAM is being replaced as faulty. They should also put an invoice with the replacement sticks showing zero value as a replacement for faulty RAM. They should also advise their courier that in the event of a request for VAT, that they will be be paying it.

Thank you for that, corsair have supplied me with a RMA number and it has a bar code on it for them to scan, i suppose when they get the parcel.

ive looked at an post website and they are asking a lot questions like:

category of item ( returned goods)
    description of contents and value of item (PC memory and no idea what to put on this for value)
    Custom Declaration CN23
    importers references,
    license number,
    certificate number
    invoice number

as its a return of faulty goods, i assume the 5 last items above can be left blank?

Advertisement