Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reeling In The Years

Comments

Conqueror wrote: »
    In addition to the above, the Scottish independence referendum, the rise of ISIS, and the spread of Ebola may be mentioned. Conchita Wurst winning the Eurovision for Austria is a long shot, but it was certainly a bigger talking point then other Eurovision winners during the decade.

Music: "Happy" will definitely be played. Surprised if "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus doesn't get an airing.

'There's no place id rather be'' will get an airing no doubt. Was Happy not 2013?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Conqueror wrote: »
    Surprised if "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus doesn't get an airing.

Can see that been played when they have footage of The Garth Brooks Croke Park debacle

I'm still angry about it, he still doesn't get 'Its impossible to have his 5 shows here'. Cant see him ever playing over here again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

'There's no place id rather be'' will get an airing no doubt. Was Happy not 2013?

Released at the tail end of 2013 but topped the charts pretty much everywhere throughout early 2014, including for 12 weeks here in Ireland.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

This video made that crap songs existance worthwhile.

This decade is really hard on Mayo fans but there getting a rest for the next 2 episodes but the 2 following weeks more misery will be inflicted

By my counting the 13th June will be the last in the series with 2019

cute geoge wrote: »
    storm darwin ,i will remember it for many the year ,frightening here in north Kerry 12/02/2014

That was a shocking storm. done fierce damage. I remember the roof of the stand was blown off Nowlan Park, Was based in Carlow at the time and a lamppost was bent in the middle of the car park. Huge big trees down around my own parish

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Seems that it has been decided, mid-run, that women’s sport will be given parity with men’s. Any reasonable person would welcome a world in which men’s and women’s sport is of equal significance, but trying to force the issue when the standard of women’s is so low is just embarrassing.

And how do you suppose we make the standard better? Ignoring it and giving girls no reason to continue to play sport?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That Brooks thing was mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

So unbelievably mental! :pac: I don’t think I could name 2 of his songs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Brooks passed up some money in not doing any.

Hope the highlight of RTE's World Cup coverage gets shown

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Brooks passed up some money in not doing any.

He lost some I say

Good old Garth. He loves Ireland so much and was happy to do one gig except then one gig became three gigs and three gigs became five gigs and all of a sudden it was all five or nothing with Ireland loving Garth. A shambles from the promoters and the GAA.

Thanks Christ Eloba never landed locally. An entirely different beast to Covid.

Obama talking through his arse, nothing like that will ever happen.

• Advertisement

Barak Obama been prophetic there

If the Brooks thing happened now he’d surely have done a few nights in Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

If the Brooks thing happened now he’d surely have done a few nights in Cork.

Bet they wish they had let them go ahead now!

Thanks Christ Eloba never landed locally. An entirely different beast to Covid.

Horrific symptoms I believe.

Didn't know that Ryan Sheridan song, that 'All Work Out' was everywhere for a while.

• Advertisement

The politicians in this series are coming across in a great light. In hindsight Kenny/Gilmore lead the country very well.

That young lad crying into his Coke was an iconic image.

Billo :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Oh yeah. The Brian O'Driscoll 74 gig "last match ever in this stadium, against this team in this competition on this day" tour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Germany mauling Brazil was amazing!

Paul Scholes reporting for RTE????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Big Phil making "Redacted" a few more millions fitting meters.

That Jobstown incident was such a storm in a teacup. Got much more press than it deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I don’t enjoy the World Cup or Euros as much without Bill and the lads

They even made apres match better

I would have been happy to pay water charges if it was properly managed. Big if. The LPT would have been the one that was too far for me.

I did like that banner “fliuch your water charges” :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

U2 getting flack for their album being bundled with Apple phones

• Advertisement

He should have been booted. Letting the weasel “retire” was sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

How the **** is love hate over 7 years ago

How the **** is love hate over 7 years ago

How the **** is the ice bucket challenge 7 years ago!

He should have been booted. Letting the weasel “retire” was sick.

As far as I can remember trying to boot him officially would have been a long process. Can't remember it. Michael Martin trying to making political clout over retiring firing was low

A government can not fire a Sitting commissioner as it would be seen with meddling with police authority An impeachment process has to be set up. I believe he would have dragged it on for years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That Jobstown incident was such a storm in a teacup. Got much more press than it deserved.

Absolutely not. Anybody being held hostage in their car, not withstanding a government minister, is absolutely disgusting and very frightening for the person.
    Cowards the lot of them.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

And yet that weasel of a Paul Murphy can be seen among the aggressors. No fan of Joan Burton, but that was scandalous.

I must say the loom band fad completely passed me by.

Love/Hate was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I've no recollection of loom bands at all.

Love/Hate was great.

Never seen it. Am I alone well those over 21

• Advertisement

I only started watching it recently and it has been very good so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭AJB39

Sadly the world never acted on Obama’s words including the U.S. itself. We’ve seen the result of that inaction over the last year and a bit.

AJB39 wrote: »
    Sadly the world never acted on Obama’s words including the U.S. itself. We’ve seen the result of that inaction over the last year and a bit.

Actually Obama did he set up a board to deal with a pandemic with Fauci (I believe) as its head but it was disbanded by the next president

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

AJB39 wrote: »

I'm watching World War z and that was made in 2013! Obama in 2014, any more after that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

L1011 wrote: »
    Looking at this, there's plenty there

https://www.rte.ie/news/special-reports/2014/1218/667685-year-in-review-2014/

Would expect the Malaysian Airlines, O'Keeffe, Pantigate, Anglo Trial, water charges protests, Higgins visiting Lizzie, deaths of Reynolds and Paisley, Shatter walking, Tuam and Garth ******* Brooks to make it from that list at the very least.

Less of these than I thought would got in. Don't make any bets based on my predictions :pac:

Yeah total farse, Still pissed off at it a bit, Brooks himself showing how greedy he was

They should of showed the footage from the French match for the 6 Nations win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,122 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

A big portion of the money he put into research after that went into the development of the fledgling RNA vaccine research

ongarite wrote: »
    Germany mauling Brazil was amazing!

Was watching that getting ready to go out to dinner on my holidays and even my non sporting missus said F it were staying to watch this.

Never remember watching another match where I was so sure that it was gonna be hugely historic. From the Neymar jersey and the tears all the way through to the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Anyone know if/when this is repeated?

Sky box didn't record it this evening :(

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Anyone know if/when this is repeated?

Sky box didn't record it this evening :(

It goes up on the RTE player straight away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

breezy1985 wrote: »
    It goes up on the RTE player straight away

That's what I thought, but it wasn't on it via Sky catch up earlier when I checked.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement