Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachael Blackmore v

Options
  • 18-03-2021 6:26pm

I just felt that she deserves her own thread. What a jockey. What a lady. What a talent. What a work ethic. What an amazing role model.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Its a strange festival for me with no pubs, no bets but watching Rachel Blackmore big smiles when walking back into the parade ring has been highlight of Cheltenham 2021 for me and by close of festival she might be a recordmaking female festival champion jockey.

D4 Blackmore rides: Quilixios, Champagnegold, Patsfancy, Aplustard, Cabaretqueen

The dangers to the crown

JKennedy: Zanahyir, Eclairdebeaufai, torygraph, minellaindo, mightystowaway, shatteredlove
    PTownend: Hauteencolouers, Ganapathi, Stattler, alboumphoto, billaway, colreevy,

I'm already looking forward to watching it all tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

incredible few days for Rachel winning 4 grade 1s. A fantastic achievement for Ireland and women in sports but have to ask given I have been on a number of her failures during the week whether she falls off more than other jockeys

I checked back and she has had 15 rides - 5 winners, 1 place, and 4 fallers/unseated riders over the 3 days. Over the 3 days generally, there were 10 fallers and 5 unseated riders with one horse brought down in the same race as Rachel fell in. so she accounted for about 20% of winners but more than 25% of all fallers.

Is she trying too hard or taking more risks? or does she find it more difficult to hang on than other jockeys! I presume her statistics generally don't reflect this and I am only focussing on a very small sample of rides. Anyway I don't want a cyber egging so will shut up now

HooHaa Rachel B is first female Irish Champion Jockey at Cheltenham, its a pity that VM couldnt extend their tv coverage to see one legend give the cup to new legend Rachel Blackmore

About as eventful a week as a jockey could have at Cheltenham.

From the highs of winning the Champion Hurdle and being Champion Jockey to the lows of watching Minella Indo winning the Gold Cup from a length away, and all the wins and falls in between.

All she was missing was a fall at the last while a circuit ahead.

Undoubtedly the best in the world.

Did she get to pick her ride for the Goldcup or did de Bromhead allocate them???

Jack gave MinellaIndo a peach ride

• Advertisement

Nice picture of Miss Blackmore with her Cheltenham trophy on the front page of todays Irish Times. Now shes chasing Paul townend this weekend at thurles and Downpatrick to become Irish Champion Jockey 2021 (90-84)...

Rachel wins on Mythbuster at thurles yesterday bringing it to 90-85. They both have rides today at Downpatick but Paul has the arsenal of the Mullins stable behind him...

They're both riding at Limerick today 92-85 the standing score. Paul has only ridden 274 rides this season and Rachel has ridden the most at 501 the next jockey with most rides is PT Enright at 469...

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

Was "Me too Please" for Arthur Moore her first winner since Cheltenham ?

What a girl. What a role model. What a lovely lady. Delighted for her!

• Advertisement

Phenomenal WIN for Rachel 2021 is her year!

Happy Day RB is on the front page of several papers the first female jockey ever (174 years) to win GN

Will Rachel get a comeback L15Win at Fairyhouse today?? PT out injured so title might just be up for the winnning

Just the one winner for Rachel today just over two weeks for her to close the gap...

While I hope Paul gets a winner on Bluelord the festival is having a cracking head to head with Chacunpoursoi and Allaho

Paul 95 Rachel 91 its make break festival for the National Hunt Jockey Championship....

What a days racing Paul is galloping away with the leadership title one win for him all still ahead for Rachel

pottokblue wrote: »
    What a days racing Paul is galloping away with the leadership title one win for him all still ahead for Rachel

deBromheads horses are running a bit flat this week.

2021 National Champion Jockey not to be but an outstanding exceptional year regardless for R Blackmore. It was great to wrap up the season and see the winning ride she gave on Honeysuckle. Hope she wins RTE SPOFTY 21

Is Rachels 2021 star going to continue to shine today with her first ride at Ascot Capegentleman ?

• Advertisement

Rachel on the cover of this weekends Irishtimes magazine

pottokblue wrote: »
    Rachel on the cover of this weekends Irishtimes magazine

She was given a civic reception by Tipp coco Thursday. If you Google Tipperarycoco Rachael Blackmore, you should be able to get it on YouTube. A very interesting program. I can’t seem to be able to link it apart from on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/tipperarycc/videos/1151588152006080

Poor Rachel due to leg injury she's missing the goodtimes at Galway unless shes there as a pundit/spectator....

Rachel came back to work this weekend just got a place in the first at wexford.

She wins the 1st fav at Naas and I think she'll win a few more today I'm on Captainguinness to win

Go Rachael for some winners today at Newbury for my placepot/SCOOP6 bets!!!

Rachael is favourite to win World Sport Star in BBC Sports Personality of the Year 😊

Rachael Blackmore’s record-breaking achievements in 2021 have been rewarded with a nomination in the World Sport Star category at this month’s BBC Sports Personality of the Year awards.

Blackmore, who Ladbrokes make the 5-2 favourite for prize, will be up against some of the biggest names in world sport such as tennis superstar Novak Djokovic and American Football great Tom Brady.

The 32-year-old secured her place in racing history when she became the first woman to be crowned leading jockey at the Cheltenham Festival with six winners, which included the Champion Hurdle on Honeysuckle.

However, she took her fame, and achievements, to new heights when becoming the first female to win the Grand National on Minella Times in April, garnering international attention in the following days.

Other nominees include boxer Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez, Formula One star Max Verstappen and Jamaican sprinter Elaine Thompson-Herah.

Brady is second favourite behind Blackmore in the betting, followed by Thompson-Herah.

Nicola McGeady of Ladbrokes said: “Rachael Blackmore goes up against a list of global superstars in a bid to become the BBC World Sports Star of the Year. Her rivals have all achieved incredible things, but we think Blackmore comes out on top after she became the first female to win the Grand National.”

Voting has already opened and will close at 1pm on December 14, with the winner announced in the live show on December 19.

https://www.irishracing.com/news?headline=Blackmore-favourite-to-beat-world-stars-for-BBC-award&prid=225567

Delighted for her to be getting the recognition she deserves.

• Advertisement

We'll all be glued - hoping... will be a deserved win too!!

Gwan Rachael 😁

Advertisement