Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AutoCAD Build Help

Options
  • 18-03-2021 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I am going to build a PC for my cousin who is currently studying AutoCAD. He will primarily be using the software which I've listed below and linked to the min req specs:
    Based on the above, do you think he would get away with an I5 with 16GB RAM (or better to go 32GB as sometimes the programs will both be running at the same time?) and a GPU with 4GB ram.

1. What is your budget? €1300

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? See two programs above, Internet (lots of tabs and apps open), Office Work.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes, I would like 2 x 27" monitors. Don't game so don't care to much about pic quality or response time.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Need a wireless card, card reader, wireless keyboard/mouse and speakers.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes

8. How can you pay? Any Method

9. When are you purchasing? ASAP

Thank you,
    Philip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Yeah that should be plenty. Getting a GPU right now is the hardest thing. I'd say looking for a second hand Quadro is your best bet. They're no use for gaming or mining so you should find one handy enough.

And you're right about RAM being the main concern. A couple of our guys here at work love to have like 10+ tabs open in Google Chrome while they draw in SolidWorks. Then they come to me to complain the system is giving out about a lack of memory. Like yeah no **** it is dumbass. 16GB should be OK but no harm in the 32 if you think he'll be going that hard.

Advertisement