Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What navigation system do you use? Maps, Apps, GPS

Options
  • 19-03-2021 3:04am

Good video here https://youtu.be/MddrEmzL9RQ

I avoid using navigation and carry a map and phone just because I find mounted gps/phone distracting. I pull in if I get lost or sidetracked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

I use a Beeline as I find it easier to read/use than a traditional gps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

1. A paper map
    2. Traditional GPS with motorcycle mount
    3. Integrated GPS in bike dashboard
    4. Phone driven GPS. Beeline or TomTom Vio (*discontinued). Phone sends routes to the device which displays the route.
    5. Phone with Google Maps/Android Auto on a phone mount: Ram Mount; Quad Lock; Other
    6. Google are preparing Android Auto for mororcycle use... this will either be integrated into new bikes; but also hopefully available via devices such as the Tom Tom Vio

*Integration of bluetooth helmet devices for communication to listen to audio/voice directions from the mapping system.

Advertisement