Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone number not updated?

Options
  • 19-03-2021 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi. I updated my phone number linked to my account yesterday as it was something I had to do due to my old number being lost. However when I went to purchase something online today I got hit with the verification wall linked to my old number. As I no longer have that number I cannot approve that code. I talked to the man yesterday in regards to it and he said everything was sorted and my 365 account has got my new number in it but it still sends codes to my old one. I was just wondering is there a certain amount of days before my new number becomes registered in the system or do I have to ring the bank again. It is starting to get really, really frustrating not being able to buy anything because if the stupid verification codes. The same goes for apple pay. I tried setting that up and it sent a verification code to my old phone number. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi FinnLaWha,

Thanks for reaching out to us here today on Boards.ie.

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulty making this purchase. Generally this change should take place automatically. In this case, it would be best to link in with our Apple Pay team on 0818200362 and one of our colleagues can certainly check this for you, and get you in touch with someone to check this verification text for you.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement