Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra deep safes.

Options
  • 19-03-2021 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Gentleshooters,

Do any of you have recommendations for extra deep safes? Two of my rifles have stocks with integrated monopods in them. Couple that with scopes, I have to put them in the safe at a 45 degree angle so I can close the door. It means I can only fit 3 in a 6 gun safe (Buffalo River - Silver series I believe). Do some of you FTR lads need extra deep safes to house your comp rifles?

I'm managing just fine at the moment, but I was wondering what else was out there.

Thanks,
    Alan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Look into Lokaway. I have a 8 to 10 gun one for 4 guns at present. They make smaller too but if you have the space I'd recommend one. They're a safe for life!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭freddieot

Alan, I feel your pain. I had this issue for years. None of these yokes actually hold anything like the number of firearms they mention, unless you have lots of single barrel shotguns !

In the end I bought a 12 gun Infac Safe a few years back. It is 70 wide and 30cm deep (inside measurements) and neck high. Heavy though, weights about 130kg.

Even with that I find my 308 set-up (which you know) is best put in the corner at 45 degrees with the scope resting against the corner (I put a ring of of pipe foam around the top turret just in case. The barrel resting on about the third foam slot on the rack.

However, is does leave the rest of the safe fairly clear for other toys and access to any of them is not an issue (no shuffling about etc.). I'd say it leaves space for another 3-4 scoped rifles at least, with appropriate social distancing :D

It also has a big shelf for smaller toys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

Thanks lads. Looks like I just need a bigger capacity safe so. :D

I'm constantly having to shuffle things around to get at what I want. Those Lokaway safes look the business. I'll look at Infac as well.

Thanks again lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭zeissman

alanmc wrote: »
    Thanks lads. Looks like I just need a bigger capacity safe so. :D

I'm constantly having to shuffle things around to get at what I want. Those Lokaway safes look the business. I'll look at Infac as well.

Thanks again lads.

What about this

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭JP22

zeissman wrote: »
    What about this

Nice one, :D:D:D, you could store the bits and bobs in the bottom and live in the top half. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

zeissman wrote: »
    What about this

I always wanted to build a house around a safe. This would mean less house to build.

Advertisement