Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

landdirect.ie

Options
  • 19-03-2021 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help me decipher what the different markings mean on properties on landdirect.ie mean? For example I see some with green grids, some black (or is it purple) grids and some orange dots?

Also what does 'sub-leasehold' mean?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭surrender monkey

There's a legend on the website explaining the colours if you have a look for it.

Red is freehold
    Green is Leasehold
    Purple is sub Leasehold
    Yellow Shading is an easement (right of way, way leave etc)

A sub Leasehold is an interest in land carved out of land that is already subject to a superior Lease. Eg: I lease a piece of land from the Freeholder for 50 years. I then lease you a piece of that land for 25 years. You have a 25 year subleasehold interest in the land.

Not sure about black markings you might find it 9n the website !

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

There's a legend on the website explaining the colours if you have a look for it.

Red is freehold
    Green is Leasehold
    Purple is sub Leasehold
    Yellow Shading is an easement (right of way, way leave etc)

A sub Leasehold is an interest in land carved out of land that is already subject to a superior Lease. Eg: I lease a piece of land from the Freeholder for 50 years. I then lease you a piece of that land for 25 years. You have a 25 year subleasehold interest in the land.

Not sure about black markings you might find it 9n the website !

I could not find the legend so thanks so much.

Advertisement