Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online banking slow to update

Options
  • 19-03-2021 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

My online baking app tells me I am Overdrawn by over €700. I don’t have an overdraft!

This happens me regularly when I do a large amount of online purchases and it drives me mad as I now can’t withdraw money from my a/c.

I’m wondering how it can be avoided and I’m now left with no access to money for the weekend. It’s not the first time it’s happened but it’s so frustrating as I know it will fix itself next week as it usually does after a few days.

Just to note before it went into minus my a/c had €50 in it and now I can’t even get that!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Teach30 wrote: »
    My online baking app tells me I am Overdrawn by over €700. I don’t have an overdraft!

This happens me regularly when I do a large amount of online purchases and it drives me mad as I now can’t withdraw money from my a/c.

I’m wondering how it can be avoided and I’m now left with no access to money for the weekend. It’s not the first time it’s happened but it’s so frustrating as I know it will fix itself next week as it usually does after a few days.

Just to note before it went into minus my a/c had €50 in it and now I can’t even get that!

You’re paying boi €6 month I’d get onto them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Teach30 wrote: »

Hi Teach30,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

I am very sorry to hear that this has happened. Sometimes if you use your card for a purchase with a specific company, there might be a duplicate transaction. This is generally returned to you automatically. 

Our 24/7 helpline in available on freephone 1800946764. One of my colleagues will be happy to assist you further with this. 

I hope this information helps and please get back in touch if you have any other queries.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Pod123

Went on phone App and it shows wrong balance.
    I made a purchase in a shop app showed I had enough funds but card declined?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Pod123 wrote: »
    Went on phone App and it shows wrong balance.
    I made a purchase in a shop app showed I had enough funds but card declined?
    Thanks
    Hi Pod123,

Thanks for reaching out to us here today on Boards.ie.

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty using your card. Can we ask have you received any texts or emails from ourselves asking you to confirm a transaction? Can we also ask if you have made any lodgements to your account in the last week or so?

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Pod123

Hi Richard
    Have made no lodgements or texts.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Pod123 wrote: »
    Hi Richard
    Have made no lodgements or texts.
    Thanks
    Hi Pod123

Thanks for coming back to us. 

If you have been unable to complete the purchase, we would recommend calling 014885466 Team is available 24/7 and a colleague can certainly check exact reason for decline on card with you. 

Hoping the above helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison 

Advertisement