Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This week's classic tractor I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭almostover

Looking for €14k for for a 35 year old John deere and can't be arsed putting the bonnet back on it for the photos. Christ!!!! Headlamps are full of rust and water and the mudguards don't look hectic. Lord knows what the cab interior is like. He's stone mad.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/john-deere-3140/28292887

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

I think I remember that one being advertised for sale by M.T.?
    Wheels look well white although you're a bit controversial with white instead of red, but it does brighten the look of her. Do you have an original seat in it?
    Do you have the control box for instead the door?

You've now got a great pulling machine that will be fit for most stuff on the farm. Them things were years ahead of the competition at the time. Savage pulling machine.

Can't beat a bit of controversy! I think the wheels work well, maybe it thinks it's an 8111! It came with a replacement seat unfortunately, the originals are hard to find. The control box is long disconnected anyways, though it came with the original tax book. It was brought in from the UK in the early 90s, probably explains why it was in such decent condition, it's all pretty much original bar the mudguards and tail pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

divillybit wrote: »

I was offered one in better shape than that 10 years ago for 4k and thought it was too dear, starting to think if I'd thrown every vehicle I'd owned in the shed 15-20 years ago and ignored them I'd have some valuable items now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagemachinery-for-sale/1969-unimog-416/28284251

Bonnet is round for my tastes. Would prefer a nice angular 80’s model

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

endainoz wrote: »
    Can't beat a bit of controversy! I think the wheels work well, maybe it thinks it's an 8111! It came with a replacement seat unfortunately, the originals are hard to find. The control box is long disconnected anyways, though it came with the original tax book. It was brought in from the UK in the early 90s, probably explains why it was in such decent condition, it's all pretty much original bar the mudguards and tail pieces.

Original seats are hard to get although Yarnold's do them. They sent me out an exploded diagram to get the parts. However, I didn't get around to it. Not sure of the cost though.
    I had been watching Bart on DoneDeal to see if he got in any, but I've only seen one come in which was gone when I asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,545 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

This is not bad value the way things are at present. A loader will set you back another 5-6k but the trader may be able to source one for you

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/cx105-mccormick-xtra-shift-no-vat/28275669

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

How about this , modern take on the Massey 240/135.
    Indian Varient!
    usZbMm0.jpg
    4300 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    How about this , modern take on the Massey 240/135.
    Indian Varient!
    usZbMm0.jpg
    4300 hours.

Saw that in crossdoney today., definitely unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,521 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

_Brian wrote: »
    Saw that in crossdoney today., definitely unusual.

20k? Surely those Hattat or similar licenced ones aren't much more than that new?

4300 hours would be a fair bit on those. I presume the hour clocks on those work like the old hour clocks used to work?

€20,000 is insanity....
    I see a Ford 4610 4wd with a power loader for half that, and a Zetor 7245 less than €10,000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jaginsligo

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagemachinery-for-sale/tractor/28289499

This is unusual & I think cool, looks like it's running as well. Not very practical but it's a cheap project for the winter

Looks like Bull McCabe is selling his Ford:

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagemachinery-for-sale/ford-4000/28291889

Seems like a bit of an angry man.

"Will not put up with time wasters"

Doesn't put price on the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

"Will not put up with time wasters"

Doesn't put price on the ad.

No he did, he's a straight to the point kind of guy who doesn't like to waste time on negotiations or working out what his tractor is worth.

He figured he'd ask 1500 and be bid 1,000, the negotiation would end up at €1,250 and he'd have one thousand two hundred and thirty four euro exactly after he throws back a few bob lucks penny.

No he did, he's a straight to the point kind of guy who doesn't like to waste time on negotiations or working out what his tractor is worth.

He figured he'd ask 1500 and be bid 1,000, the negotiation would end up at €1,250 and he'd have one thousand two hundred and thirty four euro exactly after he throws back a few bob lucks penny.

I'd nearly be tempted to ring up and offer 1235 Euro. Tell him I was throwing in the extra one for luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Dunedin

I'd nearly be tempted to ring up and offer 1235 Euro. Tell him I was throwing in the extra one for luck

What would be a realistic price for it?

Dunedin wrote: »

I've no idea. It looks like it's done up for a collector.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Why don’t we all ring. He he he he

Dunedin wrote: »

And that is why he has been polluted with timewasters. The sure way to get rid of timewasters is to put down what you're looking for it. Then it will be those who are mostly interested will phone.
    38 ads so (s)he must be doing a bt of work.
    I really don't get why folk don't put up the prices - is it so that the neighbours won't know what they're asking for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

He's right, DD is full of time-wasting muppets with nothing else to do. I blame the free minutes everyone gets now on their phone plan.

• Advertisement

I really don't get why folk don't put up the prices - is it so that the neighbours won't know what they're asking for it?

So the Revenue find it a bit harder to spot traders.
    Or perhaps to keep finances hidden from another.
    Sat in Court once and saw a Solicitor produce print outs of Done Deal pages for farm machinery, and telling the judge she could positively link the phone number to the person up in front of the judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭muddle84

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    So the Revenue find it a bit harder to spot traders.
    Or perhaps to keep finances hidden from another.
    Sat in Court once and saw a Solicitor produce print outs of Done Deal pages for farm machinery, and telling the judge she could positively link the phone number to the person up in front of the judge.

Maybe I'm being naive here but a donedeal ad surely isn't prove of sale or earnings? I could literally take a clipping of a tractor online and put up an ad for it for sale for the craic. If you have 20 ads, sure I was having a farm clear out. I bought all this stuff and decided to get rid judge! Again, maybe i am being naive there as i have no experience in court!

On the not wanting neighbours to know what you want for it point, what if the neighbour wants to buy it and gives you your best price. I think it is just more to do with being cagey.
    Conversation I had not that long ago with a fella down the road selling a power box: Me: What do you want for it?
    Seller: Ah sure what would ye give me for it?
    Me: 100
    Seller: Ah thats pulling the piss make me a proper offer
    Me: 120, what do you want for it
    Seller: You're only wasting my time **** off with your 120 quid
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

muddle84 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm being naive here but a donedeal ad surely isn't prove of sale or earnings? I could literally take a clipping of a tractor online and put up an ad for it for sale for the craic. If you have 20 ads, sure I was having a farm clear out. I bought all this stuff and decided to get rid judge! Again, maybe i am being naive there as i have no experience in court!

On the not wanting neighbours to know what you want for it point, what if the neighbour wants to buy it and gives you your best price. I think it is just more to do with being cagey.
    Conversation I had not that long ago with a fella down the road selling a power box: Me: What do you want for it?
    Seller: Ah sure what would ye give me for it?
    Me: 100
    Seller: Ah thats pulling the piss make me a proper offer
    Me: 120, what do you want for it
    Seller: You're only wasting my time **** off with your 120 quid
    :pac:

I never ever engage with anyone who won’t put the price of something on an add. I can’t understand the mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,112 ✭✭✭emaherx

I never ever engage with anyone who won’t put the price of something on an add. I can’t understand the mentality.

Worse is putting €1234 as it's harder to filter out. (Probably not for a tractor but for cheaper stuff)

Absolutely, it puts me off straight away. If they don't want time wasters then put up the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

A good salesman won’t put the price on an add for a machine.

If someone wants something badly they will buy it, if it’s out of budget but they ring at all to enquire he has a line of dialogue open that he can sell something else within the callers budget

Get them calling anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 18,545 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

If someone wants something badly they will buy it, if it’s out of budget but they ring at all to enquire he has a line of dialogue open that he can sell something else within the callers budget

Get them calling anyway

Most salesman are too busy to be having a chat with you. Not putting up prices of yokes or taking photos of inside of cab along with 12345 adds do not exactly add anything to s product you are selling.

Lads are often looking for a specific type of machine with certain features. The day of talking you into buying something that may set you back 30-50k us unrealistic.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Get them calling anyway

A lot of adds on done deal with no price are people with only whatever is on the add to sell.

What are they going to do sell you their neighbours tractor?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Even worse again is lads not giving a price when you ring them either. 'Sure we'll talk money when you get here'.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

554669.jpg
    And she's finished!

Advertisement