Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This week's classic tractor I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

endainoz wrote: »
    And she's finished!

Crank open that roof, hitch up to a silage trailer, and drive on!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

And she's finished!

Very neat 👌🏼

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭White Clover

And she's finished!

Lovely! Fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

And she's finished!

You not putting on sidelights and rear lights on the mudguards?
    Looks super. The wheels look fresh in white too. Great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

You not putting on sidelights and rear lights on the mudguards?
    Looks super. The wheels look fresh in white too. Great job.

Probably will leave the lights for now, not planning on having it on the road or doing much night work. I do have tax book for it though so they might be added and wired up properly in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

A good salesman won’t put the price on an add for a machine.

If someone wants something badly they will buy it, if it’s out of budget but they ring at all to enquire he has a line of dialogue open that he can sell something else within the callers budget

Get them calling anyway

Say I'm selling something but no price up and I will take €100.

Buyer; How much ya looking for?
    Me; How much will you offer me?
    Buyer; €120
    Me; (Can probably get a bit more) How about €150?
    Buyer; Eh bit much, how about €135?
    Me; Deal!

timple23 wrote: »

Me; How much will you offer me?
    Buyer; €120
    Me; (Can probably get a bit more) How about €150?
    Buyer; Eh bit much, how about €135?
    Me; Deal!

Stick it up at €140, if it sells it sells. If it doesn’t drop the price. Lot of lads haven’t got the graw for that whole make an offer shiite, there’s other things to spend your life on rather than dealing with messers and time wasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

_Brian wrote: »
    Stick it up at €140, if it sells it sells. If it doesn’t drop the price. Lot of lads haven’t got the graw for that whole make an offer shiite, there’s other things to spend your life on rather than dealing with messers and time wasters.

If your selling something your going to waste a considerable amount of time anyway

If the price is up or not the same gob****es will still ring to talk the same ****e and make the same ridiculous offers

There is a theory behind €POA, certainly for salesmen

And salesmen love talking ****e all day long . . . If they think you have money to spend

BTW I don’t think I’ve ever advertised anything €POA, often bought things €POA

timple23 wrote: »

Seller; How much will you offer me?
    Buyer; What do you need for it?
    Seller; ah sure, your eyes your judge.
    Buyer; ahh, I don't want to insult you.
    Seller; you're a timewaster
    Buyer; you're a timewaster

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Is it just me or has the tractor market turned into the housing market of 2006?

Prices have gone through the roof and some sellers can't be ar**d putting in even a tiny bit of effort in the ads.

Never mind putting no price or the 1234, in the last few pages you even had ad with a picture taken from inside a car/jeep and another where they took them all in the bloody dark.

Jaysus if that is how you operate then one would rightly think the tractor is a hape of shyte that you never bothered your ar** looking after.

And putting in multiple pictures of the same side angle or pictures taken from a distance is shag all use to anyone.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

jmayo wrote: »

Prices have gone through the roof and some sellers can't be ar**d putting in even a tiny bit of effort in the ads.

Never mind putting no price or the 1234, in the last few pages you even had ad with a picture taken from inside a car/jeep and another where they took them all in the bloody dark.

Jaysus if that is how you operate then one would rightly think the tractor is a hape of shyte that you never bothered your ar** looking after.

And putting in multiple pictures of the same side angle or pictures taken from a distance is shag all use to anyone.

Let it all out there jmayo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Business idea there for someone.

Wash/clean a persons vehicle,
    take the photos,
    write ad on donedeal,
    put up the price on the ad,
    deal with all the timewasters,

take a % of the sale price or have a fixed fee.

I’d say 90% or more tractor ads have no pictures of the inside of the cab, like maybe you wouldn’t notice it’s rough as a bears arse when you get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭hopeso

I’d say 90% or more tractor ads have no pictures of the inside of the cab, like maybe you wouldn’t notice it’s rough as a bears arse when you get there.

I've seen a few ads of tractors that were resprayed, and looked to be very well finished in the photos. Clicking along through the photos admiring the tractor, until you hit the photo of the interior, and it's a bear's arse.

When they're in the yard that's half the battle won.

Just seen this on Reddit, not sure what you lot will make of it - Baked Potato: POA

https://www.galgorm.com/food-and-drink-menu.htm

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

I've a machine on done deal at the moment. and I've had a few over the years like a lot of lads.
    I've mine overpriced by, I'd say, 4k. asking price is at 11k. ive had it a good few years, it's well paid for, and didn't cost me 4k as it came at a time I had a few tangles going at the same time.
    I'm not in a panic or under pressure to sell. but if a melon comes in he will go home thinking he's some man to bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭maidhc

I've a machine on done deal at the moment. and I've had a few over the years like a lot of lads.
    I've mine overpriced by, I'd say, 4k. asking price is at 11k. ive had it a good few years, it's well paid for, and didn't cost me 4k as it came at a time I had a few tangles going at the same time.
    I'm not in a panic or under pressure to sell. but if a melon comes in he will go home thinking he's some man to bargain!

Why bother? If you want to sell it put it up for its value.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,545 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Problem is if I was interested in that type of tractor and kew the value I would not be coming into your yard. Lads buying tractors travel 50-100 miles those lads will not be swanning in your gate

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

That's just it with Donedeal. People now know the market value of most machines and tractors. You can sort by price, so the most expensive machines will be at the end of the list.

€38k for a 1995 390T, discuss in no more than 200 words. :D
    https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/massey-ferguson-390t/28349238

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement

I'm not in a panic to sell at all. it I make a few quid on it great- I'll buy another a few years younger.
    I'm.just taking a chance on it.
    at least I've a price up.
    haven't got any calls yet tho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Anything I overpriced I dropped eventually to get a buyer

That's just it with Donedeal. People now know the market value of most machines and tractors. You can sort by price, so the most expensive machines will be at the end of the list.

More importantly you can filter and they do not show up at all.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

I'm not in a panic to sell at all. it I make a few quid on it great- I'll buy another a few years younger.

True. You have a price up. You’re not putting a gun to anyone’s head.

What is it?!

Some dreamer trying to sell this I say it will be lucky to make 5K

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/ford-6610-tractor-with-front-loader/28248146

Slava Ukrainii

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/ford-6610-tractor-with-front-loader/28248146

You really don't like 6610's bass :)
    What happened your one?

What is it?!
    i couldnt say that....
    I'll be ran out the door with ye lads ringing up for a chat while drawing in silage all week!

You really don't like 6610's bass :)
    What happened your one?

Broke my heart, it was a beautiful tractor to drive but first the splind for the pressure plate went, then the head gasket went because the block went pourus. After that the clutch went again. Finally it nearly went on fire one day. Moved it on after that. Mine was a series 3 it did not cost me much more than that one nearly 10 years ago now

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

Column shift.....a beaut of a tractor

Think about 8.5 to 10 depending on rust/quatity of syncros....id love to buy one....some day

Advertisement