Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap printer

Options
  • 19-03-2021 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a cheap printer that will only be used for printing things here and there, flight tickets (ha!) Vouchers etc. Also want to be able to scan docs on it. Won't be used for printing photos or anything like that.

Missed the recent bargain alert but something along those lines would be good.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Hi
    Like everything else you get what you pay for (most print companies make there money on the print cartridges)

But if you budget is around €50 - €60 then below is whats available at PC World.
    Also you can get printers/specials in Tesco, Lidl & Aldi (sometimes), H. Norman, Argos & other shops. Or online at one of the Irish Office Supplies.

HP deskjet 2632 @€;59
    Canon Pixma TS3151 @€;50
    Canon Pixma TR4550 @€;60

Currently using a HP 5220 for home and its reasonably good. Prior to that I had a Canon Pixma (for years) but we had issues with wifi connectivity and changed it when we all started working from home (but it was a good printer).

If your going to spend €60 + €50 on ink over 1-2 years then just get the printer that's easiest / convenient to collect or be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Bravobabe wrote: »
    HP deskjet 2632 @€;59

I have this particular printer 2 or 3 years (was a bit cheaper then but seems the way of Covid supply and demand). Decent job; print/scan over wifi and copies. Pretty slow, uses lots of ink, but perfect if you just need the odd page printed. I found it fussy with some generic cartridges but I use it so little I just bought some real ones on Amazon when they were cheap ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Get a small laser toner printer only, and dont worry scanning capabilities, Phones with their cameras are every bit as good as scanners nowadays.
    The reason i say laser is you can swich it off for a few months and come back to it and it will still work, the toner cartridges wont dry out.

Advertisement