Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carers Benefit & working part time

• 19-03-2021 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello.
    I am thinking of working part time (18.5hrs) & applying for carers benefit for my child. I know the max I can earn is 332.50 to qualify for full benefit payment but what I want to know is if my weekly wage is just over this do I not qualify but at a lower rate or am I ruled out because I'm over 332.50?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

bhd2040 wrote: »
    Hello.
    I am thinking of working part time (18.5hrs) & applying for carers benefit for my child. I know the max I can earn is 332.50 to qualify for full benefit payment but what I want to know is if my weekly wage is just over this do I not qualify but at a lower rate or am I ruled out because I'm over 332.50?

you will just have to make sure your hours are kept under so u will not earn over the amount

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭BillieT

I am just starting to look into this myself. From what I can figure out, you are only allowed to work for 15 hours outside the home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

BillieT wrote: »
    I am just starting to look into this myself. From what I can figure out, you are only allowed to work for 15 hours outside the home.

i think you are allowed 18 hrs but the rate you can earn remains the same

but not entirley sure

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭BillieT

lulu1 wrote: »
    i think you are allowed 18 hrs but the rate you can earn remains the same

but not entirley sure

I stand corrected. It was increased from 15 to 18.
    I never bothered to double check, and assumed it was still 15

Advertisement