Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi/bluetooth wireless card

Options
  • 20-03-2021 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

hi there, I recently bought a gaming PC that was made up from a German site. The PC is great, but unfortunately didn't come with a wifi card. I think I just forgot to include it when I was building it from the site.

Can anyone recommend something I could add? Ideally a card that can be used for Wifi and bluetooth. I have a decet Fibre (1Gbt) connection to the house, but it's a bit awkard to use cables to his room.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

The recommendation around here (and I agree) is always to use powerline/homeplugs if you can before resorting to wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Barney224

minitrue wrote: »
    The recommendation around here (and I agree) is always to use powerline/homeplugs if you can before resorting to wifi.

Thanks. I have this currently set up (plugged into repeater), but I don't think there's bluetooth on the PC, so could I get some card to add for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

If its just bluetooth just grab a cheap USB dongle for it. I have and haven't had any issues connecting anything (2 headsets, speakers, mouse and xbox controllers)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Barney224

Recurve360 wrote: »
    If its just bluetooth just grab a cheap USB dongle for it. I have and haven't had any issues connecting anything (2 headsets, speakers, mouse and xbox controllers)

Cheers. Would something like this work? https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8365448.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭cornholio509

IF you already have a wifi connection then a cheap bluetooth dongle should do . If you dont then you can get a WIFI and bluetooth card from amazon.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FSG5W9Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

IT works out at about €20 from the uk site .

• Advertisement
Advertisement