If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Soundbar

Options
  • 20-03-2021 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a new Soundbar to pair with the 43" Frame TV I bought off you recently.

I have the TV mounted on a concrete wall over the fireplace so if you could recommend something with a similar connection to the Frame TV that would suit best as we can't run a heavy power cable across the wall to the Soundbar.

Maybe there's something else that may work? Wireless speakers that we could place in either alcove to the side of the TV?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a new Soundbar to pair with the 43" Frame TV I bought off you recently.

I have the TV mounted on a concrete wall over the fireplace so if you could recommend something with a similar connection to the Frame TV that would suit best as we can't run a heavy power cable across the wall to the Soundbar.

Maybe there's something else that may work? Wireless speakers that we could place in either alcove to the side of the TV?
    Hey TitanGerm.

Thanks for coming back to us.

I can't think of any soundbars that don't' use a standard power cable unfortunately.
    All soundbars would need powered by the mains.

Even for wireless speakers you still require them to be power by the mains. Its usually the connection between them and the TV that is wireless.
    Wireless speakers for TV audio are prone to lip sync issues.

I have seen some low profile power cables listed online but not sure of their quality as its not something we have stocked before.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hey TitanGerm.

I can't think of any soundbars that don't' use a standard power cable unfortunately.

Even for wireless speakers you still require them to be power by the mains. Its usually the connection between them and the TV that is wireless.

I have seen some low profile power cables listed online but not sure of their quality as its not something we have stocked before.

Thanks Kenny.

We're getting cabinets built into the the alcoves so I'll see if I can get something sorted and possibly have a hole drilled through the chimney breast to run the cable through it.

Leave it with me for the moment and I'll come back to you.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Hey TitanGerm.

Thanks Kenny.

We're getting cabinets built into the the alcoves so I'll see if I can get something sorted and possibly have a hole drilled through the chimney breast to run the cable through it.

Leave it with me for the moment and I'll come back to you.
    No problem at all TitanGerm.

If you can get a power cable in there somehow it will really open up your options :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.