Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different prices for new builds?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

jrosen wrote: »
    You can of course, but if there is a demand then its unlikely you will get anywhere. As you said if you dont buy it someone will. But if sales are slow or they are struggling to shift the last couple you might be lucky.

Exactly. Was buying a new apt, development was selling well but I knew the penthouses were slower (higher cost so usually always last to sell). Price was 480k. I went in with all my AIP with in, proof of no chain, offered 425k, was told no 450k, offered 440k take it or leave it and left it with them for a day. They accepted. Prices are always negotiable, especially with the less common units in a development.

(This was back pre crash)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

Moody_mona wrote: »
    Number 13? I've seen number 13s sell for 20k less.

I assure you if a developer thought that 13 was 20k less somebody would be out replacing the door numbers... 11..12..14..15..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

micosoft wrote: »
    I assure you if a developer thought that 13 was 20k less somebody would be out replacing the door numbers... 11..12..14..15..

I'll repeat, it's something I have seen. I know one that sold for 30k less in 2017. I have a specific example but I'm not comfortable posting an address online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Moody_mona wrote: »
    I'll repeat, it's something I have seen. I know one that sold for 30k less in 2017. I have a specific example but I'm not comfortable posting an address online.

It is as actually correct. Too many people are superstitious and also many will be thinking of resale price.

Similarly large hotels will either have plant rooms or staff quarters on 13th floor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Depends on what a developer and EA thinks they might get out of you. If they know something about you and think they might be able to convince you of a sale price 10k higher than the house next door, they will chance it and well and good if you agree.

• Advertisement
Advertisement