Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP 11 stream

Options
  • 20-03-2021 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

We got one of these for young lad when he started secondary school last September he has been complaining that it was slow and he gave up using it and has taken possession of his mother's ipad. had a look at it today, jesus it is crap, hard to believe that they can be something this slow in 2020 I was foolishly under the impression that HP were a good brand, bought last August nothing I can do now I suppose.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

kerryjack wrote: »
    We got one of these for young lad when he started secondary school last September he has been complaining that it was slow and he gave up using it and has taken possession of his mother's ipad. had a look at it today, jesus it is crap, hard to believe that they can be something this slow in 2020 I was foolishly under the impression that HP were a good brand, bought last August nothing I can do now I suppose.

The specs are just woeful, no wonder it's a heap of shíte.

Windows 10 S
    Intel® Celeron® N4020 Processor
    RAM: 2 GB / Storage: 32 GB eMMC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Inquitus wrote: »
    The specs are just woeful, no wonder it's a heap of shíte.

Windows 10 S
    Intel® Celeron® N4020 Processor
    RAM: 2 GB / Storage: 32 GB eMMC
    Ya lesson learned I looked at price and brand. I hope the guys that put this piece of crap together are tossing burgers in McDonald's because that's all they are fit for no offense to any McDonald's staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

kerryjack wrote: »
    Ya lesson learned I looked at price and brand.

The price should have set alarm bells off in your head. They retail sub 200, glorified graphing calculators.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

To be honest it's a case of you get what you pay for. Any brand new laptop that costs €200 is going to be pretty slow.

They are bad machines, but they would have been about as good as you could expect for the price at the time. You can't expect €400 performance from a €200 device.

With 2GB RAM it probably struggles with browsing the web or YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

You should consider getting rid of windows and put chrome OS or Linux in it.
    I am in the process of moving to chome OS in the stream 13.
    I mean it has specs of a years old phone so it should be ok with Chrome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Buy cheap Windows sh1te, buy twice I’m afraid. You need to spend around €500 or more on a PC or it is a waste of time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭kerryjack

It was for a 13 year old starting secondary school, I wasn't trying to log in to NASA with it.

Advertisement