Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circle K - Outrageous prices

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭earlyevening

I hope you're never hungry in Dublin airport OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,265 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Their fuel prices should have given you some warning that it was going to be scaldy. You did right op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,265 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I hope you're never hungry in Dublin airport OP.

What's an airport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

i can understand crazy prices at motorway service stations that are away from towns where you can pay for the convenience of not having to loose 30min driving into a town to get some food. but the shops in towns are just as bad . i cannot understand the business model. rip off all the customers or force them to buy very little.
    the main customers for food are traveling workers like reps , truckers and trades. why arnt circle k aiming at that market. most centras in the country are doing a great trade on food.
    i often see guys in the trades go to the petrol pump to fill up then go to another shop for food. they are letting potential customers walk out the door instead of selling them food. yes it would have to be cheaper and a lot better but they would sell a huge amount more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Homelander

Centra is a good point. Decent prices, good food. On the other hand, I don't mind paying a bit extra for a bigger portion or better quality....but Circle K offers neither of those things.

There are two Deli's near my workplace, one I've been to about twice in two years, the other I'm there at least once a week. The one I go to is actually a little more expensive but the portions are good and they don't skimp on fillings in sandwiches.

The other place you would think every shred of cheese and leaf of lettuce came out of their pay packet. Last time I was in there the lad took out chicken piece by piece to ensure a thin, even covering over the slice of bread. Really unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Circle k worst delis around by some distance and the coffee tastes like absolute arse (not in a good way).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Fair point.

Net profit 1.8 billion dollars 2019
    2.4 billion 2020

They are killers of small independents. Similar to the Walmart effect

That's a very low level of profit on turnover that high.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Tipp-girl wrote: »
    Yes. It was 1.55 for a mars bar. I could have gotten 5 of them for 2 euro in Dunnes. But I was desperate so I paid it. While eating it, I imagined how good a burger would have to be for me to pay 6 euro. Kobe beef springs to mind!

A Kobe burger would cost you €90 going by news articles a couple of weeks ago

Advertisement