Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decoys

• 20-03-2021 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

I am getting different answers from different sources. Do you need a licence to use Wood Pigeon decoys. Yes or no. It's not clear from Section 35 of Wildlife act

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Max H wrote: »
    I am getting different answers from different sources. Do you need a licence to use Wood Pigeon decoys. Yes or no. It's not clear from Section 35 of Wildlife act

No

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Max H

And could you post legislation that proves your response please. I am getting so many yes or no replies from various people who I shoot with. And I am a bit wary as I had a bit of an issue last year with a know it all who lived next to land I had permission on who caused problems. Hence my cautiousness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

As above - Yes, you can use decoys.

The Amendment to the section is here-

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2000/act/38/section/43/enacted/en/html#sec43
    Amendment of section 35 (certain use of scarecrows, decoys, birdcalls and calls of wild mammals restricted) of Principal Act.

43.—Section 35 of the Principal Act is hereby amended
    (a) in subsection (1)—
    (ii) by the insertion, in paragraph (c), of “wood pigeons,” before “wild duck”,

Before the amendment 31/07/2001 it was only for ducks.

Amendment
    Inserted (31.07.2001) by Wildlife (Amendment) Act 2000 (38/2000), s. 43(a)(ii), S.I. No. 371 of 2001.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭J.R.

547582.PNG

547583.PNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

[QUOTE=Max H;116639648].....And I am a bit wary as I had a bit of an issue last year with a know it all who lived next to land I had permission on who caused problems. Hence my cautiousness[/QUOTE]

To double up ensure you have the relevant terms of the annual derogation if shooting them out side of the normal season 1st November to 31st January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Max H wrote: »
    And could you post legislation that proves your response please. I am getting so many yes or no replies from various people who I shoot with. And I am a bit wary as I had a bit of an issue last year with a know it all who lived next to land I had permission on who caused problems. Hence my cautiousness

Explain nicely and politely and then carry on shooting. If said know it all wants to kick up a fuss kindly tell them to ring the Gardai or NPWS and that you’ll be right there in your hide....

Advertisement