Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health insurance - can I be refused cover again?

Options
  • 21-03-2021 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey
    I've had health insurance about 4 years now

I've had an op on one of my legs and its completely changed how i walk
    I paid privately for the op as the health insurance company turned down cover - stating I needed 5 years of insurance*

it's likely I need a similar op on the other leg now as my walk is completely altered-
    I'm rolling on my ankle and having tons of new problems on the opposite with such a drastic change from the opposite legs procedure - the oeprated leg is working completely differently now and bio mechanics are altered

QUESTION****

Will the health insurance cover the procedure on the other leg as the first op has changed my entire gait and I can't walk
    or will it be a case of them refusing cover again?

When something has created new problems and changed things - are they likely to cover it?

It is a unique situation as it's not a hip or knee replacement but an alteration in bio mechanics

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Nobody here can answer that OP.

You need to ask you insurer. Good luck.

Advertisement