If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price on Philips 58PUS8555

Options
  • 21-03-2021 3:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What’s the best price you can give me on the Philips 58PUS8555.
    I notice the Sterling price is a bit of a drop from the euro price.

Also I’m finding it hard to choose between this and the Samsung Q60t. What’s the better buy?
    I game for maybe 2 hours a night and also watch movies, sport. I will be getting a ps5 soon but I don’t think the q60t offers a whole lot more besides it being a budget QLED. Also the pricing is better for the Philips of course. Is the extra 70 euro worth it. Can’t find much in terms of comparison on YouTube except a Russian guy not speaking english.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

What’s the best price you can give me on the Philips 58PUS8555.
    I notice the Sterling price is a bit of a drop from the euro price.

Also I’m finding it hard to choose between this and the Samsung Q60t. What’s the better buy?
    I game for maybe 2 hours a night and also watch movies, sport. I will be getting a ps5 soon but I don’t think the q60t offers a whole lot more besides it being a budget QLED. Also the pricing is better for the Philips of course. Is the extra 70 euro worth it. Can’t find much in terms of comparison on YouTube except a Russian guy not speaking english.
    Hi BigMac1Euro.

Thanks for the post.

Both are good televisions.
    The QLED does give you a better technology on how it processes colours and shades and how it can deal with fie details.
    This does stand out more on the higher spec'd QELED like the 90T and above.

The Philips is still also very good at colours and uses the Philips P5 Perfect Picture engine.
    You also gain an Android operating system and Dolby Vision as well as HDR10+.
    Don't forget the Ambi Light feature also!

The Q60T is currently out of stock until the 65" size but the 58PUS8555 is in stock and ready for dispatch.

Our sterling and Euro pricing is not a direct conversion as we compete in two markets.
    You are free to pay in which ever currency works out to be the cheapest for you.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Hi BigMac1Euro.

Thanks for the post.

The QLED does give you a better technology on how it processes colours and shades and how it can deal with fie details.

The Philips is still also very good at colours and uses the Philips P5 Perfect Picture engine.

The Q60T is currently out of stock until the 65" size but the 58PUS8555 is in stock and ready for dispatch.

Our sterling and Euro pricing is not a direct conversion as we compete in two markets.
    You are free to pay in which ever currency works out to be the cheapest for you.

Ok I can pay in pound in 2 weeks.
    Happy to go for the Philips with Android operating system.

Have you many in stock?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi BigMac1Euro.

Thanks for the post.

Have you many in stock?
    Hi BigMac1euro,

Stock is getting quite tight on these in the warehouse!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Hi BigMac1Euro.

Thanks for the post.

Have you many in stock?
    Hi BigMac1euro,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Guys,

Would it be possible to pay a deposit to have one kept on hold for me?
    Can pay a deposit in pounds?

Regards,
    Bigmac

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi BigMac1Euro.

Thanks for the post.

Have you many in stock?
    Hi BigMac1euro,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Guys,

Would it be possible to pay a deposit to have one kept on hold for me?
    Can pay a deposit in pounds?

Regards,
    Bigmac
    Hi Bigmac, thanks for getting back to me!

We can usually hold items for up to 3 days but I might be able to extend that to a week with a deposit?

How long were you looking to have it on hold for and I can see what I can do!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

We can usually hold items for up to 3 days but I might be able to extend that to a week with a deposit?

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

I’m looking to pull the trigger on the 7th of April as this is the day I get paid.

How much would I have to pay deposit?
    Can pay deposit on Thursday when my OH is paid.

Thanks,
    BigMac

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

I’m looking to pull the trigger on the 7th of April as this is the day I get paid.

How much would I have to pay deposit?
    Can pay deposit on Thursday when my OH is paid.

Thanks,
    BigMac
    Hey BigMac1Euro.

No problem on the 7th :)

No need to pay a deposit to reserve one.

If you want to drop us your name and address in a PM we can get the order up on our system to hold the stock for you.

Hey BigMac1Euro.

If you want to drop us your name and address in a PM we can get the order up on our system to hold the stock for you.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks so much.

I’ll shoot over the details now.
    I plan on paying in pounds using my Revolut card.

Regards,
    BigMac

Hey BigMac1Euro.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks so much.

I’ll shoot over the details now.
    I plan on paying in pounds using my Revolut card.

Regards,
    BigMac
    Cheers BigMac.

I'll get the order onto our system now :)

Cheers BigMac.

I'll get the order onto our system now :)

Guys, my apologies but I’ve had a change in heart.

I want the LG OLED CX 55”

I’ve done the research. And I’ve decided to go for the best.

Have you got any in stock?

Apologies about the change just I was originally going to buy a CX then I changed to not an OLED TV but now I’ve decided I want the best and also for future gaming and future proofing.

• Advertisement

Guys, my apologies but I’ve had a change in heart.

Apologies about the change just I was originally going to buy a CX then I changed to not an OLED TV but now I’ve decided I want the best and also for future gaming and future proofing.

Folks I just secured a 55” CX for 1250 from Harvey Normans today. Weekend special.
    So please cancel the Philips.

Apologies and Regards,
    BigMac

Guys,  my apologies but I’ve had a change in heart.

Folks I just secured a 55” CX for 1250 from Harvey Normans today. Weekend special.
    So please cancel the Philips.

Apologies and Regards,
    BigMac
    Hey BigMac1euro.

No problem at all.

You should have told us and we would have beat their price on it for you.
    I did it for a few other boardies a few days ago.

You will be very happy with your new purchase as they are fantastic televisions :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.