Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Stranger Things

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Trigger wrote: »
    TBF we didnt know that it was going to be a first to 3 choice that had to be made during the period that was being used, those details were only made available at 10.

We could hold an open vote later maybe and hope one of the 3 that were available today are available again tomorrow. And then get 3 of the posters who will be posting during the time tomorrow to throw the votes out?

I don't care that much about the choice of game Trig. Unless we see that one of the people who chose wins the prize, and later that one of the people choosing the game were also a wolf then I'd be suspicious.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Congrats Wendy. Ok I'm gonna re-read the thread now, will keep an eye on real time too

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    I meant more not giving any reason to be jumped on.
    For example, Angus going off on one earlier drew attention to himself, I presume an evil player wouldn't do that

Perhaps, I don't know if I'd say being careful is what all wolves will do though, or even be able to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Eva WW wrote: »
    I don't care that much about the choice of game Trig. Unless we see that one of the people who chose wins the prize, and later that one of the people choosing the game were also a wolf then I'd be suspicious.

I chose Space Invaders, but tbf, i didnt, and im sure plenty of others too, didnt realise that we were actually going to be playing the game itself, i personally thought it was going to be some sort of forum game behind that name. Hindsight is a great thing to lose your way with, if you read it in real time when the post was made at 12, I and others were surprised with the link

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

What are your thoughts Steve? You seemed the earliest to start (correctly) trying to get us focused, guessing you've thought about it too

And to preempt you asking me... I don't know :D

I can't see any reason for someone to mess up the morning plan if they're village or wolf, and I feel like the Demi would think it too obvious a move to disrupt it. That means I'm discounting Angus getting annoyed by the list, Steve popping up at 10 in error, and Fiona popping up after she'd been removed. Not saying any of them are good, but I don't think they're reasons enough to say bad

Basically it's day 1, it's shooting fish in a barrel full of good apples, right?
    I feel like our evil players are likely playing carefully today so anything I'd instinctively jump on, I kind of dismiss, which leaves me blank

I would like to hear more from the very low posters. Incidentally, is there a way on boards to see a collated postcount? I'm sure I've seen it before

Katie and her backroom are my main interest, but of course, backroom doesn't mean baddie by default. She's made herself a munch target more than a lynch one I would say.

Voting is going to be tricky. I have a good lean on Abigail and Barbs because of their open accusations against other players. I feel day 1 tree shaking is villagey.

I want to look closer at Trigger later. Seems very helpful but too every man for my liking. Just a feeling at this stage though.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Perhaps, I don't know if I'd say being careful is what all wolves will do though, or even be able to do.
    Maybe not - it just makes me second guess anything suspicious I see...
    Steve WW wrote: »
    Katie and her backroom are my main interest, but of course, backroom doesn't mean baddie by default. She's made herself a munch target more than a lynch one I would say.

Voting is going to be tricky. I have a good lean on Abigail and Barbs because of their open accusations against other players. I feel day 1 tree shaking is villagey.

I want to look closer at Trigger later. Seems very helpful but too every man for my liking. Just a feeling at this stage though.
    ...for example, I agree and I definitely want to hear from Katie about the backroom, but my gut tells me that would be a crazy mistake for a wolf to make.

Fire away, i'll be here to answer any questions you have.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Fire away, i'll be here to answer any questions you have.

If you have to vote now, who would you vote for and why?

Abigail WW wrote: »
    If you have to vote now, who would you vote for and why?

Angus, for the absolute hissy fit they threw about not being included in the list, even though they had requested to be taken out initially.

I really want to hear a bit from both Fiona & Katie though, both low posters, i know others have said they cant see a wolf making that mistake, but can they see a RV do that either? the answer would be no, i would definitely wait until after munch anyways before looking at her as a lynch target more

Thats about Katie's backroom*

• Advertisement

Ok, re-read done. Couple of things stood out.
    Katie WW wrote: »
    I can't sign in.

For obvious reasons. I can think of one ballsy player that would do this as a wolf, so I'm not discounting it as an obvious village play either - mainly cos it's not villagery at all.

Next thing of note was Angus - they really didn't want Babs on the list, I don't get the hysterics at all!
    Angus WW wrote: »
    I managed to go to sleep early. Big deal. Stop deflecting. Last night I put myself on a list and today I'm putting myself on a list.

The real question is why are you eager to get Barbara, a non-entity so far, on the list?

Pushing on Jake about mentioning Babs for said list, use of deflecting - Angus ain't a happy camper here!
    Actually a better idea: someone else besides Barbara or me.

So neither Angus or Barbara on the list.
    Actually I'll go on the list if you want. Just no Barbara on the list.
    One thing looks suss:

Jake trying to shoehorn Barbara onto the list.

One thing might look suss to others:

Me eager to get on the list.

So I will go on the list if people want me to or stay off if people want me to.

I propose that Barbara should not be on the list.

All these posts are similar, Angus really doesn't want Babs on the list - why does it matter? It's an arbitrary list of 9 names, it makes no difference who is on it or not really.

Fast forward a little bit.
    Necro and Wendy posted the same list. Let's just settle there

One question - should we delay it slightly?
    Flavour munch and details of the games are at 10, would we like everyone to be able to react?
    Maybe make it 10:15 to 12:15

Villagery from Bren, like this post a lot - consideration for reactions to actions. Something I forgot myself, the 10 to 12 is tough because if someone needs to react to info etc and there's people screaming DON'T POST like the two folks here do...

Wendy WW wrote: »
    FIONA PLEASE READ THE THREAD AND DON'T POST BEFORE 12.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO POST IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY POSTED BETWEEN 10AM THIS MORNING AND NOW

As I said, I was a bit irked about that mainly cos I find it against the spirit of the game. That's all really, don't find it suspicious or anything like Abi wants to twist things. More on her later.

Babs and Steve get into it over Steve posting without permission etc

Listen here, do you understand your own plan?

Once I posted there was nothing that could be done so posting after it is irrelevant, I'm in the pot now. It's time based not quantity based so your group is intact.

This kind of shrill OMG behavior is no use to anyone, and I'm not gonna let you try and tar me as anti village.
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    would hardly call it OMG behaviour - that's dramatic, just because you don't like what I'm saying.

I would also like to point out that we don't know exactly how Will's power works. We don't know if he has to pick a two hour period before it happens, or if he has the option to pick any exact 2 hour time period at any stage.

It also isn't my plan. I wasn't active yesterday and had zero input into the creation of the plan.

It's a decent back and forth, both putting across their points. I have a semi-decent vibe off it, doesn't feel wolfy on either's part.

This on the other hand....
    Look, Steve made his initial post, which i believe was just the usual drop post for presence on day 1 post, then he didnt post again until there was numerous other posts that stated that he was in the group. It happens, we adjusted so its all good and the plan is still intact. If he had dropped a post after everyone had already posted at say 11.59 or so, it would look a bit off.

Anyways, I'm sure he can defend himself. so i'll bow out of it.

The fact Trigs needs to points this out suggests he may be concerned to remain on a nice neutral fence. There's a... sort of... self awareness about the post that doesn't really come off as villagery.

I think we need to park the bus on the Demi/Will talk for now, unless Will comes out to tell us he found Demi.

We need to figure out who leaves tonight.

Jake for me is in my good books (doesn't mean he is not evil), but hes not a Demi for my money.

Right now Id vote Necro.

And finally this point - kinda comes out of nowhere and still makes no sense to me.

It's clumsily worded at best - Jake is in my good books (doesn't mean he's not evil)

Better phrasing would be, I don't think Jake is Demi Lovato.

Again I have a thing about phrasing and it just seems a bit too self aware, at pains to point out they don't think Jake is evil (but yet could still be evil).

Their switch to me is meh, whatever - I'm used to being suspected so it's not a big deal, though I still maintain they're clutching at very finely tuned straws for their reasoning.

I think I'd be going

Katie
    Trigger
    Abigail

As my #FFA1 for now, but there's loads of time to lynch yet and I haven't cast a vote yet. Again, day 1 and all that so it's gut really.

Katie's post definitely the wolfiest post thus far.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Some of us weren't allowed pick :mad::mad::(:(:(

if the format remains the same, which i believe it should, then tomorrows window should be between 11&13 or even later, as you can game without posting, but everybody should be allowed choose the game.

Conor WW wrote: »
    if the format remains the same, which i believe it should, then tomorrows window should be between 11&13 or even later, as you can game without posting, but everybody should be allowed choose the game.

12 and 2 maybe? If it's a similar challenge tomorrow gives non posting peeps a chance to play the game so they don't have to sit there like lemons and not contribute

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I just got a call, and have been offered a new role I interviewed for last week :D Posting here as I know some of my team know who I am on boards, and I hadn't told anyone I had the interview. Not a promotion, just a move out of the toxic work environment I am currently in.

giphy.gif

I thought at first this was werewolf related :o

Congratulations whomever player you are

Sorry, I know we said we'd park the thing about Will's powers but I just realised something...

If you're reading Will... I think we might be able to settle it now

If you can choose your two time slots retrospectively, and 22:33-00:33 counts as yesterday then we have:

22:33-00:33
    Conor WW wrote: »
    21 March 2021, 22:33 - 00:33 has 9 people in it

22:33
    fiona
    angus
    jake
    kathleengrant
    wendy
    levar
    necro
    jpliz
    conor
    00:33

Will, if you are allowed to use that window, feel free to verify it yourself.

10:00-12:00
    Yes - phase one worked :D

So if Will checks 10-12 and the Demi Lovato is present, it has to be one of:
    me, Angus, Steve, Trigger, Barbara, Wendy, Liz, Fiona

So...
    Yes-Yes means Fiona, Angus, Wendy or Liz (4)
    Yes-No means Jake, Kathleen, ASLB, Necro, Conor (5)
    No-Yes means me, Steve, Trigger, Barbara (4)
    No-No means Abigail, Clodagh, Eva, Katie (4)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Sorry, I know we said we'd park the thing about Will's powers but I just realised something...

If you can choose your two time slots retrospectively, and 22:33-00:33 counts as yesterday then we have:

So...

That's well worked out Brendan, well done

So...

Yeah that works, wonder if they were able to use an action last night is only thing I'd be wondering.

He would still have to do over 2 seperate days as he only gets one check a per day (2 checks), and we have no way of knowing if the timeslot for the day 0 will count. better off just to keep doing what we have been doing

If will gets a positive he needs to be out, but shouldn't say anything about negatives. The wolves will be looking too so it shouldn't be too long in the end to find the Dimmu Borgir

That sounds like a meal :p

User Name Posts
    Angus WW 48
    JP Liz V1 46
    Trigger 46
    Wendy WW 43
    Brendan WW 43
    Jake WW 37
    Necro 35
    Barbara WW 25
    Conor WW 19
    Also Starring LeVar Burton 16
    Steve WW 13
    KathleenGrant 9
    Abigail WW 7
    Eva WW 6
    Fiona WW 3
    Katie WW 1

I post some sh#te to be that high

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Well you weren't restricted for two hours either :D

Necro wrote: »
    Ok, re-read

And finally this point - kinda comes out of nowhere and still makes no sense to me.

It's clumsily worded at best - Jake is in my good books (doesn't mean he's not evil)

Better phrasing would be, I don't think Jake is Demi Lovato.

Again I have a thing about phrasing and it just seems a bit too self aware, at pains to point out they don't think Jake is evil (but yet could still be evil).

Their switch to me is meh, whatever - I'm used to being suspected so it's not a big deal, though I still maintain they're clutching at very finely tuned straws for their reasoning.

You wanna harp on about me twisting your words..... POT, KETTLE BLACK.

Who switched. I didnt switch?

I also laugh at how gotten to you are regarding my suspicions of you.

Sure, you dont care...... you care enough to get defensive and keep tell us how you dont care. (If you didnt care, you'd ignore em, no one else is discussing it)

My suspicions of you may have been inaccurate, but your own clumsy words brought me to my initial conclusion whether Im right or wrong about you.

In hindsight, yes I can see what you may have meant, but my initial conclusion was fair and one could assume you were too busy in general , rather than just too busy to play the Space Invaders game.

But you keep being nonchalantly defensive.

He has 2 scans so the best way for the rest of us to get the smallest number of people without him coming out on thread is what we had said. 4 of group 1 and 4/5 of group 2 get scanned tomorrow.

I'm confused but this is me so that is normal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Don't we all know it...

:pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

potentially the only werewolf game ever where Necro is playing and not topping the list :D

So...

Careful bolding stuff, you'll irk folk.

What happened I thought you were this morning group 1 too?

You wanna harp on about me twisting your words..... POT, KETTLE BLACK.

Who switched. I didnt switch?

I also laugh at how gotten to you are regarding my suspicions of you.

Sure, you dont care...... you care enough to get defensive and keep tell us how you dont care. (If you didnt care, you'd ignore em, no one else is discussing it)

My suspicions of you may have been inaccurate, but your own clumsy words brought me to my initial conclusion whether Im right or wrong about you.

In hindsight, yes I can see what you may have meant, but my initial conclusion was fair and one could assume you were too busy in general , rather than just too busy to play the Space Invaders game.

But you keep being nonchalantly defensive.

You seem to want to draw me into a huge back and forth, I'm not taking the bait Abi.

He would still have to do over 2 seperate days as he only gets one check a per day (2 checks), and we have no way of knowing if the timeslot for the day 0 will count. better off just to keep doing what we have been doing

Agreed - but Will can find out if that's allowed and let us known if it is, if we don't hear we can stick with our current plan

• Advertisement

What happened I thought you were this morning group 1 too?

I got switched out to include Babs

Advertisement