Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Stranger Things

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    Yeah something like that. We could divide it into 2 or 3 and then will can pick which time slot he wants.
    Can actually divide into four.
    Say A and B. A's all post in the first slot, then you know if it's A or B. You can then split that group into A1, A2 (or B1, B2)

One issue is people being online. If someone's offline for the 2hr window it'll look suspicious but may just be real life, then we'd be muddying the water

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Necro wrote: »
    Good news about it being a flavour munch tomorrow morning though, I like flava munches first out the gap
    What does this mean Necro?
    Sorry, not my first rodeo but I'm a relative newcomer

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

There's been no sighting of Barb yet!!

Stranger-Things-Poster-Barbara-Holland-Missing-007.jpg

(I wish I got this username)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Good afternoon. How is everyone?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Trigger wrote: »
    Ralph-Wiggum-Waves-Hello-On-The-Simpsons.gif

Morning all, a lovely day in Paradise

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,240 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Katie WW wrote: »
    I can't sign in.

Roled?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Say A and B. A's all post in the first slot, then you know if it's A or B. You can then split that group into A1, A2 (or B1, B2)

One issue is people being online. If someone's offline for the 2hr window it'll look suspicious but may just be real life, then we'd be muddying the water

If someone from whatever group can post at a certain time then they can discuss it with their group and all come to a time slot which suits. They only have to post once in that slot.

Should we helping Will out here? Breaking the above alphabetical group into who posts over a 2hr period?
    Wendy WW wrote: »
    How would this work?
    People with usernames in the first group only allowed post in this 2 hour period, and you must post. 2nd group only then in the 2nd 2 hour period, and again must post?
    Yeah something like that. We could divide it into 2 or 3 and then will can pick which time slot he wants.
    Brendan WW wrote: »

Interesting could DemoG or another wolf be in this group from this talk?

I'm just speculating guessing nothing concrete, are they trying to catch Will out

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Interesting could DemoG or another wolf be in this group from this talk?

I'm just speculating guessing nothing concrete, are they trying to catch Will out

Trying to catch Will out by helping him?
    Will doesn't come out on thread - let the village put the plans in place - he just has to watch and listen, and put the request in.
    Have you any better way to use this advantage Liz? Or are you trying to deflect a good plan on how to catch you?

I do ask stupid questions, put stupid suggestions out there so be prepared players :p

• Advertisement

I reckon it's probably best for Will to just pick a 2 hour slot where around half the people have posted, then we can work from there. If they do it tomorrow (assuming their power arrives at the start of the first day), then they'll pick some two hour window where nine different people have posted. Then they come out the following day and we set a plan to split up either that nine (if they do detect something), or the rest (for no).

The only one Will can sense is the demogorgan and he has 2 attempts. If we divide into 3 groups of 6 then Will could use both his attempts and would have the group the DemoG is in.

The only one Will can sense is the demogorgan and he has 2 attempts. If we divide into 3 groups of 6 then Will could use both his attempts and would have the group the DemoG is in.

Worst case scenario - in which Will doesn't sense them on the first night we isolate DemoG to one in six people.

Best case - hits DemoG first time and then can split the 6 in half, and then we've isolated it down to 3 people.

Worst case is far more likely than best case though.

Splitting in half and then half again makes the worst case isolating to 1 in 5, but more likely 1 in 4.

Obviously the overall worst case would be Will dying before revealing anything.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Eva WW wrote:
    Obviously the overall worst case would be Will dying before revealing anything.

Or being converted. Because he can just lie at that point and send us on a wild goose chase

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Or being converted. Because he can just lie at that point and send us on a wild goose chase

So he would need to do it early in the game to avoid the risk to that?

Sorry just catching up, not much i suppose.

The weather has been fab so out walking the Locks all day.

Trigger wrote: »
    So he would need to do it early in the game to avoid the risk to that?

Sorry just catching up, not much i suppose.

The weather has been fab so out walking the Locks all day.

That’s my thinking too.

Will has no other power apart from sensing the demoG and he only has 2 goes at that. If we divided into 3 and he took he 2 attempts one after the other then he’d know which group he was in (based on him going for group 1 and group 2 and getting a negative then he’d know it’s group 3.

Will could come out then as he’s done his job.

Just have to organise time slots. But the sooner the better IMO.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Eva WW wrote: »

Splitting in half and then half again makes the worst case isolating to 1 in 5, but more likely 1 in 4.

Seems like a better idea than three groups.

Fair point, that would be the ultimate worst case.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Seems like a better idea than three groups.

I'd agree with this too, always keep halving, and scanning the bigger of two unequal halves.

18, scan 9, positive or negative points you towards the next group, scan the 5, if positive, its in the 5, if negative, its in the 4.

Only way that splitting in three betters the result is on a positive 1st scan. so 66% of the time, halving is better than a 3 split.

• Advertisement

Eva WW wrote: »
    Fair point, that would be the ultimate worst case.

I’ve just read Will’s role again. I know, it’s a short brief but I overlooked....

“ Can pick a two hour period of time once a day”

Question about the DemoG - can he kill or just convert? does he select a convert overnight and they go to his side after munch?

“ Serial Killer
    Demogorgon – Each day recruits a player to his team. Can only die by lynch or Eleven attack – When he dies his mindless band will die with him. Powers can move with players who are converted”

Eva’s idea of dividing into 2 groups might be a better way.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Conor WW wrote: »
    I'd agree with this too, always keep halving, and scanning the bigger of two unequal halves.

18, scan 9, positive or negative points you towards the next group, scan the 5, if positive, its in the 5, if negative, its in the 4.

Only way that splitting in three betters the result is on a positive 1st scan. so 66% of the time, halving is better than a 3 split.

There's only two scans though right? So can only split group twice. Would be better to scan two seperate groups

Group 1
    Abigail WW
    Angus WW
    ASLVB
    Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Clodagh WW
    Conor WW
    Eva WW
    Fiona WW

If Group one reveals a positive then the first 5 (Abigail WW,Angus WW,ASLVB,Barbara WW,
    Brendan WW) then post in next time slot.

If Group 1 reveals a negative then the DemoG is in the following players. The first 5 should then post in the next time slot.

Frank WW
    Jake WW
    JP Liz V1
    Kathleen Grant
    Katie WW

Necro
    Steve WW
    Trigger
    Wendy WW

That sound right?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

There's only two scans though right? So can only split group twice. Would be better to scan two seperate groups

two scans, yes.

split 3 way = 18, scan 6, then another 6, if both negative unscanned has dg
    split 2 way = 18, scan 9, using the results, scan the next biggest half.

split 3 way narrows down to worst case 6.
    split 2 ways narrows down to worst case 5.

split 3 ways narrows down to best case 3
    split two ways narrows down to best case 4

3 way split requires more luck, split 2 ways statistically gives a better result if repeated again and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Yizzer all too clever for me. But anyway tell me what to do and i will do it

I’ve just read Will’s role again. I know, it’s a short brief but I overlooked....

“ Can pick a two hour period of time once a day”

Question about the DemoG - can he kill or just convert? does he select a convert overnight and they go to his side after munch?

“ Serial Killer
    Demogorgon – Each day recruits a player to his team. Can only die by lynch or Eleven attack – When he dies his mindless band will die with him. Powers can move with players who are converted”

Eva’s idea of dividing into 2 groups might be a better way.

Looking at that it like he converts initially, but when he is killed all the players that he has converted die with him,

Yizzer all too clever for me. But anyway tell me what to do and i will do it

Nothing for now seemingly, you're in group two. So if the Demogorgon is in group 1 then you likely won't even be scanned... I think.

Group 1
    Abigail WW
    Angus WW
    ASLVB
    Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Clodagh WW
    Conor WW
    Eva WW
    Fiona WW

If Group one reveals a positive then the first 5 (Abigail WW,Angus WW,ASLVB,Barbara WW,
    Brendan WW) then post in next time slot.

If Group 1 reveals a negative then the DemoG is in the following players. The first 5 should then post in the next time slot.

Frank WW
    Jake WW
    JP Liz V1
    Kathleen Grant
    Katie WW

Necro
    Steve WW
    Trigger
    Wendy WW

That sound right?

As the self-proclaimed leader of Group 3 I heartily endorse this public service announcement.

Nothing for now seemingly, you're in group two. So if the Demogorgon is in group 1 then you likely won't even be scanned... I think.

If the first group scans negative, the 1st 5 of the second group will be scanned the following day. If that's negative it leaves a 1 in 4 chance.

If its positive the first 5 of group 1 gets scanned etc

• Advertisement

Well everyone has to play their part by other posting in the designated time slot or resisting the urge to post in that time slot too.

We need the first Group to all check in and let us know when they’re available tomorrow to post. Only has to be once with a window of time.

We’ve also a competition so can be in those hours. Then we’re getting ready for lynch so everyone will want to talk. I personally think 10-12 tomorrow morning would be best.

Thoughts?

Advertisement