Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Stranger Things

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Statto!

I'm gonna bow out now until after 2 but will be reading as much as possible.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Yeah, it was very half-hearted to be honest. I just feel like I should be looking for something, and I'm struggling

One small thing...

Conor - why so quick to call Angus (and therefore yourself) village for spotting the two hour window that had been? As Jake pointed out, not Demi doesn't mean village. You never replied to Jake about that

I came up with a plan, I enacted it, and when i posted my results, literally in the same minute, jake posted the results of a similar mind set idea and work.
    I know i am good, and when i see someone do almost identical work at exact same time, i called it out as a mind meld, and put them down as same village in my book.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    I came up with a plan, I enacted it, and when i posted my results, literally in the same minute, jake posted the results of a similar mind set idea and work.
    I know i am good, and when i see someone do almost identical work at exact same time, i called it out as a mind meld, and put them down as same village in my book.
    But, as Jake pointed out, it's in the wolves interests to hunt Demi too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Abigail WW wrote: »
    On Will,

I think he should come out after 2 bells.

Hes then an NRV, his info can be used to guide the lynch. If Wolves munch him he's no loss and he can be protected too.

Just thinking about it a bit more, we have no way of knowing when he gets the results of the scans until he comes out himself, so we can't wait on him coming out and should focus on lynch with that in mind.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

morning folks, sorry for the inactivity, flat out in work this morning.
    I'll be back after 2 unless I need to post at 12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Steve WW wrote: »
    Just catching up now on the previous night. Shame about Katie but it is what it is.

ASLB, whats going on here?

Do you not have your own ideas about who you should be voting for? This smacks of finding a wagon to hide on. Would love your thoughts.

What time is the posting embargo today so I dont upset things again?

I had a vote in on Katie, turned away from the game for an hour, and people were talking about how going for Katie may not be a good idea, so i asked a question.

So far all you've done in the game is come on and ask questions, but shared no thoughts of your own, so its a bit rich for you to suggest someone doesn't have their own ideas.

Its also apparent, to me at least, that you're not actually reading the thread, rather just coming in and finding a few posts you can quote and hop on and try and look like you're "clued in" and "in detective mode"

At best you're an unhelpful (because you're not reading the thread/sharing opinions of your own) NRV, at worst you're a shady role and playing the "no wolf would be this erratic and annoying card"

Think people gave you the benefit of doubt yesterday, I had anyway, but people should be scrutinizing you a bit more today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Barbara WW wrote: »
    morning folks, sorry for the inactivity, flat out in work this morning.
    I'll be back after 2 unless I need to post at 12

You are on the list to post today Barbara.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Those due to post...
    Necro wrote: »
    I'm free. Is the plan for 4 from today and 4 others?

Proposal as follows

Wendy
    Trigger
    Angus
    Barbara

Necro
    Abigail
    KathleenGrant
    Conor

That seem ok? Don't think there's any overlap but phone posting so feel free to correct me.

Everyone else...

tenor.gif?itemid=14535381

tenor.gif?itemid=14535385

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Trigger wrote: »
    Just thinking about it a bit more, we have no way of knowing when he gets the results of the scans until he comes out himself, so we can't wait on him coming out and should focus on lynch with that in mind.

We have to trust that Will has followed this plan all along, and he has the most knowledge of the role. I am hoping it happens prior to the lynch, but if he doesn't have the results before the lynch, he needs to out himself beforehand if it looks like the spotlight is on him. Also we need to hope Demi didn't get lucky and convert him out of everyone.

Also in play now - "Dr Sam Owens – Has one syringe he can use at any point after day 1 one to kill. The syringe takes 6 hours to take effect." But as people have pointed out, it is in wolves interest to surface Demi right now too, so I would hope they wouldn't be as stupid to use this if Will outed himself too early before the lynch - but just bare it in mind.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    But, as Jake pointed out, it's in the wolves interests to hunt Demi too

Not only as Jake pointed out, but as is in the OPs winning conditions.
    Wolf Win: Gain parity with the village with Demogorgon eliminated
    Demogorgon: Outlive the wolves and gain parity with the village.
    Village Win: kill all non villagers
    There is nothing in the OP that prevents Demi from converting wolves.
    If Demi feels threatened by anyone, sure Demi just converts them. Do the wolves set themselves up as targets to be converted?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

, at worst you're a shady role and playing the "no wolf would be this erratic and annoying card"

I say it every game...wolves/evils can play any type of game. Some plays are more likely/unlikely, but a wolf needs to look as unsuspecting as possible.

So wolves are capable of playing plenty of different ways and tragedies. Wolves can be erratic and annoying and can draw attention to themselves.

That should strategies not tragedies...,damn autocorrect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I say it every game...wolves/evils can play any type of game. Some plays are more likely/unlikely, but a wolf needs to look as unsuspecting as possible.

So wolves are capable of playing plenty of different ways and tragedies. Wolves can be erratic and annoying and can draw attention to themselves.

You're saying the same thing I said, but deleted most of my post which you quoted, so can't tell if you're trying to misrepresent what I said or not, but if you're quoting someone, surely you should take the whole quote and highlight the part you want to focus on rather than chop up what was actually said.

People can't edit their own posts, so why should others edit quotes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

giphy.gif

Good Afternoon folks - The arcade is now open.

https://www.crazygames.com/game/google-pacman

The above game is available via web or mobile phone. Please PM me a screenshot of your top score by 6pm this evening. Only PMs received by me will be considered for the top score contest.

The game will be open from now until 6 to give as many people as possible an opportunity to enter, I will however only take your first PM so dont enter unless your happy with the score. I would say only 3 times for your own sanity but it is up to each individual :D

The little blue arrow button will take you back to the full quote.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm checking in for the special period of posting whoop!

Gonna try Pacman on my lunch instead of rushing it today

You're saying the same thing I said, but deleted most of my post which you quoted, so can't tell if you're trying to misrepresent what I said or not, but if you're quoting someone, surely you should take the whole quote and highlight the part you want to focus on rather than chop up what was actually said.

Did I mispresent you?

I was responding to the relevant bit. Your opinion on how shady a player is is not relevant to my reply.

duffman13 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Good Afternoon folks - The arcade is now open.

https://www.crazygames.com/game/google-pacman

The above game is available via web or mobile phone. Please PM me a screenshot of your top score by 6pm this evening. Only PMs received by me will be considered for the top score contest.

The game will be open from now until 6 to give as many people as possible an opportunity to enter, I will however only take your first PM so dont enter unless your happy with the score. I would say only 3 times for your own sanity but it is up to each individual :D

How can I play via mobile?

Abigail,
    Conor,
    Necro..... anyone else?

Abigail WW wrote:

Hit the link and it takes you to the site, drove me mad yesterday though trying to get used to the controls on mobile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Hi Abigail, click the link and the game will load. Turn it to landscape for a better view. You swipe the screen to change direction

duffman13 wrote: »
    Hi Abigail, click the link and the game will load. Turn it to landscape for a better view. You swipe the screen to change direction

Cool, just assumed it be a an app download. Cheers

Gotta say I'll be thankful when this period is up. Everyone being focused on Demi Lovato gives wolves an easy way to appear villagery, it's leaving me struggling to see much suspicious by anyone tbh.

And lookit I get the purpose of it but it's a handy way for wolves to look helpful without actually doing a whole pile. Katie being a no show helped there too tbh.

Necro wrote: »
    Gotta say I'll be thankful when this period is up. Everyone being focused on Demi Lovato gives wolves an easy way to appear villagery, it's leaving me struggling to see much suspicious by anyone tbh.

And lookit I get the purpose of it but it's a handy way for wolves to look helpful without actually doing a whole pile. Katie being a no show helped there too tbh.

Sure with a convert, everyones a suspect since 10am today

I had a vote in on Katie, turned away from the game for an hour, and people were talking about how going for Katie may not be a good idea, so i asked a question.

So far all you've done in the game is come on and ask questions, but shared no thoughts of your own, so its a bit rich for you to suggest someone doesn't have their own ideas.

Its also apparent, to me at least, that you're not actually reading the thread, rather just coming in and finding a few posts you can quote and hop on and try and look like you're "clued in" and "in detective mode"

At best you're an unhelpful (because you're not reading the thread/sharing opinions of your own) NRV, at worst you're a shady role and playing the "no wolf would be this erratic and annoying card"

Think people gave you the benefit of doubt yesterday, I had anyway, but people should be scrutinizing you a bit more today.

Steve absolutely needs to be looked at more today. Don't like any of his posting so far

Abigail WW wrote:

Don't particularly care about the converts personally seeing as they die if we hit Demi Lovato. Though I get your point that we can't really trust anyone.

What do you make of the Liz kill? It's a strange one.

Well who knew space invaders would be easier than Pac Man?

I haven't really been able to follow the thread in great detail this morning, but Barbara hasn't confirmed they will be able to post between 12 and 2?

So are any of the following able to keep an eye on this thread closer to 2pm - Steve, Fiona?

Wendy - posted
    Trigger
    Angus
    Barbara

Necro - posted
    Abigail - posted
    KathleenGrant
    Conor - posted at 12 on the button - would prefer another post to ensure it is counted "within the time"

it's definitely an interesting one that nobody is ever cleared village for more than 24 hours.
    Even the seer peeks are effectively useless after 24 hours because the demogorgon converts someone every day

Wendy WW wrote: »

Wendy - posted
    Trigger
    Angus
    Barbara - posted

Necro - posted
    Abigail - posted
    KathleenGrant
    Conor - posted at 12 on the button - would prefer another post to ensure it is counted "within the time"

Cross posted with Barbara :D
    Trigger said he would be after 1pm.

• Advertisement

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Well who knew space invaders would be easier than Pac Man?

I haven't really been able to follow the thread in great detail this morning, but Barbara hasn't confirmed they will be able to post between 12 and 2?

So are any of the following able to keep an eye on this thread closer to 2pm - Steve, Fiona?

Wendy - posted
    Trigger
    Angus
    Barbara

Necro - posted
    Abigail - posted
    KathleenGrant

I am here sorry, misread the list and thought I was part of the group who wasn't to post. I've had coffee now

Advertisement