Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Stranger Things

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Trigger wrote: »
    27k+ for me there

Ive zero chance of getting near that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Baggly wrote: »
    I got 350K fyi

Its all those muscles......

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Im not the one on trial here.
    Right, vote going in on Baggly. Can anyone help me hack the lynch form?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

I got 351k

(in my dreams, in reality 4070 )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

27k+ for me there

I managed 13330 which I was really happy with, and then you go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like 27k+... :D

I sent in my measly 13330 anyway, not going to beat scores like that, and better to know when to give up on a game than spending hours getting more and more frustrated as you stupidly get yourself cornered by ghosts... :pac:
    I got 350K fyi

How I imagine Baggs...

giphy.gif

Conor WW wrote: »
    Not only as Jake pointed out, but as is in the OPs winning conditions.

There is nothing in the OP that prevents Demi from converting wolves.
    If Demi feels threatened by anyone, sure Demi just converts them. Do the wolves set themselves up as targets to be converted?
    I feel like you're making my point here :confused:
    When Angus had the same idea as you and found a near identical timeslot, why did you go for them being village when you've just said yourself they could just as likely be wolf? Kind of reeks of trying to appear village by association

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Brendan WW wrote:
    Ha ha, love you too Necro I mean, I'm not a convert. Even Demi doesn't want me

Had to say it tbh, if I was Demi Lovato I'd go for the person who might get me some extra treats!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

I sent in a score of 3390. Saw your 5 figure scores so gave up .....:pac:......

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Just catching up on the thread now. Liking the plan.

I can post between 10 and 12 if needed tomorrow, but if it makes no difference and any of the early birds from the other group would rather post during that time, feel free to swap with me as I prefer when I don't have to wake up before Noon (and I've had feck all sleep the last couple of nights too, so it means I wouldn't have to set an alarm if someone wants to swap)
    I'm hesitant to even interact with Liz at all because of how much her style of play frustrates me, and I don't want to risk opening a can of debating worms and unleash her tunnel vision upon myself, but I do love that Confident song, so I do have to say kudos on the song choice Liz... :D
    It just means no real players will be harmed in the Munch... It just adds colour and sets up the story...

Kind of like an introduction scene in a movie where a character is killed off and we learn it was just some random extra and unimportant to the plot, and none of the stars of the movie (in this case the players who signed-up to be in the game) are affected.
    Lets say two needed for the time being... I really don't want to wake up if I don't have to, as I don't get to sleep until 5 or 6am as it is...
    Only if the Demi Lovato isn't in group 1.
    Honestly, I'd rather cross the Tuesday Bridge when it comes to it.

When it was a Group 1 and Group 2 based on the names listed, I was like whatever no need to rock the boat, then it was changed to an Opt-In type thing, and I'm not sure why I got added on to the list again when I said my preference was to not have to get up.
    To be fair to Necro or anyone else, there's a huge difference between being too busy to play a video game and being too busy to post/follow the thread.
    You're doing great Liz, just keep doing what you're doing, it'll work in the end... :D
    Whoever picked Space Invaders over pacman should be lynched... :D
    Ah I was only taking the piss...

I mean, I'll probably be even worse at Pac Man... Took me 3 goes just to figure out that A + D were my direction keys for Space Invaders not A + S...

FML
    Nah, that's too high, no one will be able to get that... It's Impossible!!!

giphy.gif
    I mentioned earlier how Angus read as if they were trying to confuse things as much as possible prior to the Posting Block this morning, whether that was the intention or not, that raised red flags for me.

Low poster are also worth taking into consideration.

Not a lot else to go on at this point in the day.
    But to confirm that those 8 players are negative Will needs to out himself. We don't know when conversions happen so if Will outs himself, the Demi Lovato could recruit him before the second scan and we then can't trust what Will says for the second scan.

If half of the people who posted this morning, and half of the people who didn't, form a block for tomorrow, that's essentially splitting the players into 4 groups, and based on both scans Will will be able to know which of the 4 groups the Demi is in.
    Congrats.

There's nothing quite like that new job/change in work enviromment feeling, especially if you've been in any way unhappy in your current position.
    Don't we all know it...

:pac:
    Is there actually new players though? New-ish players certainly, but I don't think there are any outright noobs (based on those who signed up anyway).

There was an option for new or new-ish players to request the Mods for a backroom, but we have no idea if anyone took them up on it.

The Wolves, Roled Villager or the Demi Lovato are the ones we know have a backroom.

Dismissing the idea that Katie is a Wolf because no Wolf would ever do something like that, which is flawed reasoning, because there are people who play boldly as wolves.

The fact that it is also the only post Katie has made on thread, is suspicious in itself.
    This is a weird thing to get stuck on, especially as it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Everyone is self-aware (well maybe not Liz - if she suddenly started saying things that made sense, I would probably be suspicious) regardless of alignment.

How does someone deciding to turn around and say "actually you know what this isn't my argument, so gonna stay out of it now" (what I would consider a perfectly normal and reasonable response) make them read Wolfy?
    I think we have different definitions of self-awareness then, because I would consider you self-aware, as I would the majorirty of the other players.

What do you mean by self-awareness in the context we're discussing? How is it reading as something suspicious?

What it sounds like you're saying anyone who backs out of any sort of discourse is a Wolfy thing, whereas I would consider it to be just as likely someone thinking a) I'm not going to waste any more breath on this or b) I've said my piece, but this ain't my fight, so time to back off...
    I can see where you're coming from, whether I agree with sentiment or not (I don't have a read on Trigger one way or another tbh), although I disagree that in general a self-aware style of posting is something to be suspicious of.
    4140, not much of an arcade or video gamer, and definitely not on a computer keyboard, need to at least have a joystick or game controller in front of me, so I spent about 40 minutes playing it before deciding not to waste my entire afternoon.

If it was complete all the tasks and get the highest score of Level 1: The Hangar in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 on an actual Playstation in the quickest time, I'd beat all your asses... Only Level 1 though, I'm fairly useless with the levels beyond that, Level 1 my go to if I just need to de-stress for a few minutes... :pac:
    I've put a vote in on Katie for the time being.

Would be great to hear what Angus has to say in regards to the whole tantrum this morning too though.
    So, whats the craic now?

Peopls seem to be leaning away from Katie or am I mis-reading things and Katie still the main contender for lynch?
    So, the standard Liz move then? Isn't that what you always do anyway? ;)
    Yup, not so Anon now though...
    Is it the same Posting Block Tomorrow from 10-12 or will it be from 12-2 instead, which someone suggested earlier so that people could react to Munch / Vote for a game if there's a choice again?
    I can post or not post tomorrow anyway during the alloted time, I have no preference either way if others are eager to post - I know some people love to get their post count nice and high to avoid looking Wolfy, even if their posts add nothing of substance... ;) :pac:
    For once, I'm actually not... :D

Just speaking generally - I'm more inclined to look at quality of posts rather than quantity, and I know an awful lot of people just get stuck on quantity.

Also don't want a repeat of this mornings antics (the Angus/Barb kerfuffle)
    I had a vote in on Katie, turned away from the game for an hour, and people were talking about how going for Katie may not be a good idea, so i asked a question.

So far all you've done in the game is come on and ask questions, but shared no thoughts of your own, so its a bit rich for you to suggest someone doesn't have their own ideas.

Its also apparent, to me at least, that you're not actually reading the thread, rather just coming in and finding a few posts you can quote and hop on and try and look like you're "clued in" and "in detective mode"

At best you're an unhelpful (because you're not reading the thread/sharing opinions of your own) NRV, at worst you're a shady role and playing the "no wolf would be this erratic and annoying card"

Think people gave you the benefit of doubt yesterday, I had anyway, but people should be scrutinizing you a bit more today.
    You're saying the same thing I said, but deleted most of my post which you quoted, so can't tell if you're trying to misrepresent what I said or not, but if you're quoting someone, surely you should take the whole quote and highlight the part you want to focus on rather than chop up what was actually said.

People can't edit their own posts, so why should others edit quotes.

Sorry for the long quote post but If someone is going to accuse me of doing nothing it seems only fair to point out that their sum contribution so far has been mostly waffle. Where are your independent ideas or looking for wolf clues?

I do appreciate you answering me at 11:48 so not giving me time to answer straight away before the embargo.

How am I supposed to get a read on someone without asking questions? Hope that someone slips like Katie? Kinda unreasonable.

The two most useful posts you have are answering questions I asked, so scrutinize me all you want. While the village is focused on this dermamegatron hunt, I'm at least trying to get info out of people. We had the problem yesterday where we got to lynch and no one had really said anything. The same thing is happening today.

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    Had to say it tbh, if I was Demi Lovato I'd go for the person who might get me some extra treats!
    Not today, won't be getting near Trig's score. Hate pacman :pac:

On the converts subject, what does this bit mean...?
    duffman13 wrote: »
    Serial Killer
    Demogorgon – Each day recruits a player to his team. Can only die by lynch or Eleven attack – When he dies his mindless band will die with him. Powers can move with players who are converted
    Does "mindless band" mean players lose control of their account or something? Kind of implies they can no longer think (so post?) for themselves

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Actually you are right, they are not useless because if a person is peeked good we know they are not a wolf. They may not be guaranteed safe because of conversions but at least we are getting closer to identifying the wolves.

they still could be a wolf, because the alpha will peek good.

Brendan WW wrote:
    Does "mindless band" mean players lose control of their account or something? Kind of implies they can no longer think (so post?) for themselves

Not sure that's possible given some of us (cough me cough) are playing with our normal boards accounts.

But might only be able to post a few times a day and what Demi Lovato tells them to post maybe?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

How does it happen though with wolves? Do they get removed from their wolf den in the backroom? And put into Demi's room? So wolves know they have lost someone?

Wendy WW wrote: »
    How does it happen though with wolves? Do they get removed from their wolf den in the backroom? And put into Demi's room? So wolves know they have lost someone?

Maybe we could ask one of them to tell us :D

Also @Brendan - I think you were the one working out the permutations yesterday? Can you post them again? I am on mobile right now and can't find it?

Steve WW wrote: »
    Sorry for the long quote post but If someone is going to accuse me of doing nothing it seems only fair to point out that their sum contribution so far has been mostly waffle. Where are your independent ideas or looking for wolf clues?

I do appreciate you answering me at 11:48 so not giving me time to answer straight away before the embargo.

How am I supposed to get a read on someone without asking questions? Hope that someone slips like Katie? Kinda unreasonable.

The two most useful posts you have are answering questions I asked, so scrutinize me all you want. While the village is focused on this dermamegatron hunt, I'm at least trying to get info out of people. We had the problem yesterday where we got to lynch and no one had really said anything. The same thing is happening today.

It was the earliest I got online, if you had read the thread you'll remember I'm not an early riser. I'd say there's more than a few people around here who know I'm not a 9-5er, it's no secret in FG that I'm self-proclaimed night owl.

What I tend not to do is get into circular arguments with people who don't share thoughts of their own, but demand them from others.

When I have relevant thoughts I'll share them. Since I was embargoed from posting this afternoon, its not like I've had much of a chance to post yet today.

I like to mull things over, and when I have a particular instinct or read on certain people I'll share it, but I'm not going to throw out names simply because you have demanded it after only dropping into the thread sporadically solely to quiz others.

It was the earliest I got online, if you had read the thread you'll remember I'm not an early riser. I'd say there's more than a few people around here who know I'm not a 9-5er, it's no secret in FG that I'm self-proclaimed night owl.

What I tend not to do is get into circular arguments with people who don't share thoughts of their own, but demand them from others.

When I have relevant thoughts I'll share them. Since I was embargoed from posting this afternoon, its not like I've had much of a chance to post yet today.

I like to mull things over, and when I have a particular instinct or read on certain people I'll share it, but I'm not going to throw out names simply because you have demanded it after only dropping into the thread sporadically solely to quiz others.

What do you want to know from me so? I'm on now for a bit.

Necro wrote: »
    Maybe we could ask one of them to tell us :D

I was hoping a mechanic like this has happened before and past experience could explain that! :pac:

What do you want to know from me so? I'm on now for a bit.

I'm sure others have questions for you, but I'm happy to hear any thoughts you have on the game. I have no questions in particular at this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

@Steve, I know you have been reviewing the thread this morning, do you have any decent reads on anyone? going to go back over a few players now myself.

I'm sure others have questions for you, but I'm happy to hear any thoughts you have on the game. I have no questions in particular at this time.

Thoughts? The doritonomer hunt is causing wolf hunting issues, but is a necessary evil because of the conversion mechanic. The plus side is the wolves should be as eager as us to find it.

Findind it hard to nail down and honest to goodness votes. I'd be on Clodagh now, but they have work so they say so might be unfair on them.

I'd have Jake as my strongest village lean as I don't think any wolf goes to the trouble of tracking the swops like that when it's their only chance of not being in the dormammu group.

@Steve, I know you have been reviewing the thread this morning, do you have any decent reads on anyone? going to go back over a few players now myself.

Hardest game I've played to find baddies for me. Hunt and posting blocks are giving scrapes to go on. Players like yourself and Brendan catch my eye because you post a lot, but there's nowt there when examined. Even looking for padding posts is difficult as everyone is doing it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Hardest game I've played to find baddies for me. Hunt and posting blocks are giving scrapes to go on. Players like yourself and Brendan catch my eye because you post a lot, but there's nowt there when examined. Even looking for padding posts is difficult as everyone is doing it.

It's particularly tough because, as other have pointed out, everyone has an interest in finding the demogorgon, so it's actually quite hard to pick out people working against that.

At least the posting blocks should be finished now, hopefully Will has valuable information to go on and we can start wolf hunting.

Also @Brendan - I think you were the one working out the permutations yesterday? Can you post them again? I am on mobile right now and can't find it?

So day one, 10-12 was:
    Wendy
    Trigger
    Angus
    Barbara

Brendan
    Steve
    Liz
    Fiona

Today, 12-2 was
    Wendy
    Trigger
    Angus
    Barbara

Necro
    Abigail
    KathleenGrant
    Conor

So:
    Yes-Yes means Wendy, Trigger, Angus, Barbara
    Yes-No means Brendan, Steve, Liz, Fiona
    No-Yes means Necro, Abigail, KathleenGrant, Conor
    No-No means ASLB, Clodagh, Eva, Jake

Someone should double check that though!

Wendy WW wrote:
    I was hoping a mechanic like this has happened before and past experience could explain that!

It could be either from previous experience. In one game converts lost all prior backroom access.

In another they retained it for entire game so could essentially continue as a double agent.

So in other words... I've no idea sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Well done Brendan.
    Very logical and clear.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    So day one, 10-12 was:
    Wendy
    Trigger
    Angus
    Barbara

Brendan
    Steve
    Liz
    Fiona

Today, 12-2 was
    Wendy
    Trigger
    Angus
    Barbara

Necro
    Abigail
    KathleenGrant
    Conor

So:
    Yes-Yes means Wendy, Trigger, Angus, Barbara
    Yes-No means Brendan, Steve, Liz, Fiona
    No-Yes means Necro, Abigail, KathleenGrant, Conor
    No-No means ASLB, Clodagh, Eva, Jake

Someone should double check that though!
    Thanks, have double checked it, and that is indeed correct. Thanks for all the work on this.
    Best case scenario is that Demi is in group Brendan, Steve, Fiona (as this is now a group of 3). All the others groups of 4.

Thanks, have double checked it, and that is indeed correct. Thanks for all the work on this.
    Best case scenario is that Demi is in group Brendan, Steve, Fiona (as this is now a group of 3). All the others groups of 4.
    Obviously I disagree with that being best case :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Thoughts? The doritonomer hunt is causing wolf hunting issues, but is a necessary evil because of the conversion mechanic. The plus side is the wolves should be as eager as us to find it.

Findind it hard to nail down and honest to goodness votes. I'd be on Clodagh now, but they have work so they say so might be unfair on them.

I'd have Jake as my strongest village lean as I don't think any wolf goes to the trouble of tracking the swops like that when it's their only chance of not being in the dormammu group.

I've been looking into the three lower posters, Fiona, Clodagh and Eva.

Fiona: Nearly every post is fluff, a few about her vote but nothing else really in relation to finding wolves or demi

Eva: Couple of her posts are giving out about not being able to select a game. but the remainder seem to be about finding wolves and nothing really about the Demi

Clodagh: Couple of posts about the Demi plan not much else there and just fluff or talking about game mechanics

Eva i would be more inclined to lean good at the moment without anything else, they seem to be trying to get the talk away from the Demi to the wolves when they do post which isnt exactly what the Wolves would want while the Demi is still in play. The would want the focus to be just on the Demi

Not really much to lean either way on the other two at the moment

Advertisement