Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Stranger Things

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Obviously I disagree with that being best case :D

If it is that group, my order of preference for kills would be Fiona, Steve, Brendan - just based on contribution towards finding Demi so far.

I am wondering is there any way killing Liz from they group could have benefitted wolves in any way - and I think if there were wolves in that group, they were better off keeping their group intact just in case? Because whatever group is highlighted, it is bound to be Eleven, lynch, lynch, lynch until Demi is killed? (That's if we don't hit first time). So they would be increasing their chance of being killed off?
    (Sorry still trying to make sense of the Liz munch).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I feel like you're making my point here :confused:
    When Angus had the same idea as you and found a near identical timeslot, why did you go for them being village when you've just said yourself they could just as likely be wolf? Kind of reeks of trying to appear village by association

The read was a mind set read, not a read on what they were doing. If someone has the same mindset as me, i feel they are likely of the same affiliation as me.

If you feel that i am wrong doing those type of read, then you have a right to that opinion and i have a right to ignore your opinion and i'll play the game my way and you can play the game your way.

So with Will revealing - I think he needs to reveal the result of the plan anytime after now? He can't be taken out by the wolves (their only fallback is the syringe right now which takes 6 hours to take affect). If he reveals now, it can allow time to debate who in the group we think is most likely to be demi to allow Eleven take her shot before the lynch. If that shot fails, then we are down to 3 for the lynch.
    @Trigger you called caution on doing this earlier, and I am not too sure why? I think it is our best plan to get things moving on this game, otherwise we are going to waste more time searching for Demi, losing people to conversions, and giving wolves time to hide.

Oh I forgot we can also use Hopper's gun!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Wendy WW wrote:
    Oh I forgot we can also use Hopper's gun!

Yeah but that won't kill Demi Lovato unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Wendy WW wrote: »
    If it is that group, my order of preference for kills would be Fiona, Steve, Brendan - just based on contribution towards finding Demi so far.

I am wondering is there any way killing Liz from they group could have benefitted wolves in any way - and I think if there were wolves in that group, they were better off keeping their group intact just in case? Because whatever group is highlighted, it is bound to be Eleven, lynch, lynch, lynch until Demi is killed? (That's if we don't hit first time). So they would be increasing their chance of being killed off?
    (Sorry still trying to make sense of the Liz munch).

Are you not concerned at all that there are 4 wolves coasting through the game if the sole focus is catching the Demi.

As of yet we haven't heard from Will. Could it be that he doesn't get the result of his search until tomorrow's munch?

The focus this afternoon/evening should be to try and sniff out a Wolf, and those trying to keep the attention entirely on the Demi, such as yourself, would be people worth considering could potentially be a Wolf...

Are you not concerned at all that there are 4 wolves coasting through the game if the sole focus is catching the Demi.

As of yet we haven't heard from Will. Could it be that he doesn't get the result of his search until tomorrow's munch?

The focus this afternoon/evening should be to try and sniff out a Wolf, and those trying to keep the attention entirely on the Demi, such as yourself, would be people worth considering could potentially be a Wolf...

See my next post

Necro wrote: »
    Yeah but that won't kill Demi Lovato unfortunately

Forgot that :( OK Ignore that post, but the one before it I think is our best plan right now. Get the Demi out of the way, move onto wolves.

Trigger wrote:
    Fiona: Nearly every post is fluff, a few about her vote but nothing else really in relation to finding wolves or demi

Leaning this way myself but want to re read her posts after work before I make any decision.

I agree with Steve though, and LeVar I think. We are allowing the wolves to absolutely coast through this game by focusing so much on Demi Lovato

So let's set a time of 7pm for people to have an FFA done, I'll collaborate them.

Do this regardless of Will revealing or not, let's actually do some wolf hunting now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I had advised caution before It was pointed out that he would effectively be a NRV after it so the Demi/Wolves wouldn't need to get him. The caution was more that I had it in my mind that he would be a RV and targeted otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

So with Will revealing - I think he needs to reveal the result of the plan anytime after now? He can't be taken out by the wolves (their only fallback is the syringe right now which takes 6 hours to take affect). If he reveals now, it can allow time to debate who in the group we think is most likely to be demi to allow Eleven take her shot before the lynch. If that shot fails, then we are down to 3 for the lynch.
    @Trigger you called caution on doing this earlier, and I am not too sure why? I think it is our best plan to get things moving on this game, otherwise we are going to waste more time searching for Demi, losing people to conversions, and giving wolves time to hide.

I'm assuming if we had a positive in Day 1, we would know by now?

Could we assume thats true for Day 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

See my next post

I did. After I posted.

But your follow up post doesn't change the fact your priority still seems tunnelled on the Demi first, Wolves later.

Until Will speaks up, priority right now is the Wolves

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I wonder if Trigger's 27k+, will top my current 27K+ (I'm barely + so I'd imagine it will).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Steve post this

Findind it hard to nail down and honest to goodness votes. I'd be on Clodagh now, but they have work so they say so might be unfair on them.

On the whole Clodagh work thing, yes that could indeed be a factor. If my work meant I could not post much or at all till late afternoon I would probably pull myself out of the game. But if I didn't I would post something to make me look ok. Her lack of text makes me think she is not a wolf because she doesn't seem to need to prove herself.

On other matters, my second Covid test was clear. (Woo ****ing Hoo.....all of you are safe from my contamination....)
    Still not allowed back to work though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Does Eleven have a shot?

Eleven – Cannot be killed by human teams only the Demogorgon, has one time power to eliminate the Demogorgon if she correctly identifies him

Does that not mean that they can only kill the demo and no one else?

Trigger wrote: »
    I've been looking into the three lower posters, Fiona, Clodagh and Eva.

Fiona: Nearly every post is fluff, a few about her vote but nothing else really in relation to finding wolves or demi

Eva: Couple of her posts are giving out about not being able to select a game. but the remainder seem to be about finding wolves and nothing really about the Demi

Clodagh: Couple of posts about the Demi plan not much else there and just fluff or talking about game mechanics

Eva i would be more inclined to lean good at the moment without anything else, they seem to be trying to get the talk away from the Demi to the wolves when they do post which isnt exactly what the Wolves would want while the Demi is still in play. The would want the focus to be just on the Demi

Not really much to lean either way on the other two at the moment

Well I'm hopeful the wolves find Demi and sacrifice their vanilla one (or we happen to lynch them). We are likely to be down to a potential list of 4 for Demi today so I'm not too worried about them.

However, just a counterpoint one post was about not being able to select the game. I thought the emojis would reflect that I wasn't too serious about it. The other was about how I'd be suspicious if wolves were found to be amongst those doing the choosing.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

I did. After I posted.

But your follow up post doesn't change the fact your priority still seems tunnelled on the Demi first, Wolves later.

Until Will speaks up, priority right now is the Wolves

the problem is we know how many wolves there are and that number can only get smaller from lynches / demogorgon conversions. whereas everyday we don't catch the demogorgon we potentially lose another villager.

I mean we could get really lucky and the demogorgon could convert a wolf. but I think for safety we have to assume that at the moment we have 16 players: 4 wolves, 2 demogorgon members and 10 village (4 roled, 6 village)

work is mental busy so I might not get time to reread thread before 7 for doing an FFA but will try to have it in before 8. I agree everyone should try and do one this evening

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Does Eleven have a shot?

Eleven – Cannot be killed by human teams only the Demogorgon, has one time power to eliminate the Demogorgon if she correctly identifies him

yes, if she shoots someone and they are not the demogorgon nothing will happen

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Steve post this

Findind it hard to nail down and honest to goodness votes. I'd be on Clodagh now, but they have work so they say so might be unfair on them.

On the whole Clodagh work thing, yes that could indeed be a factor. If my work meant I could not post much or at all till late afternoon I would probably pull myself out of the game. But if I didn't I would post something to make me look ok. Her lack of text makes me think she is not a wolf because she doesn't seem to need to prove herself.

On other matters, my second Covid test was clear. (Woo ****ing Hoo.....all of you are safe from my contamination....)

You think a wolf would keep one foot in the game no matter what? It's a bit meta but it makes sense I guess.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    The read was a mind set read, not a read on what they were doing. If someone has the same mindset as me, i feel they are likely of the same affiliation as me.

If you feel that i am wrong doing those type of read, then you have a right to that opinion and i have a right to ignore your opinion and i'll play the game my way and you can play the game your way.
    OK, thanks, I'll play it my way. My way is thinking your "he's village (hence I'm village" call was a bit suss. That's all I was saying
    Steve WW wrote: »
    I'm assuming if we had a positive in Day 1, we would know by now?

Could we assume thats true for Day 2?
    We assumed Will wouldn't reveal until after both looks, otherwise he could be converted before the second one and lie. Now it's save to come out, as he's just a NRV then

I agree though, the focus should be wolves for now on the assumption that, for whatever reason, we don't hear from Will. Once we do we can focus on the results

• Advertisement

Barbara WW wrote: »
    the problem is we know how many wolves there are and that number can only get smaller from lynches / demogorgon conversions. whereas everyday we don't catch the demogorgon we potentially lose another villager.

I mean we could get really lucky and the demogorgon could convert a wolf. but I think for safety we have to assume that at the moment we have 16 players: 4 wolves, 2 demogorgon members and 10 village (4 roled, 6 village)

work is mental busy so I might not get time to reread thread before 7 for doing an FFA but will try to have it in before 8. I agree everyone should try and do one this evening

Still, until we hear from Will, its arbitrary trying to guess who could be the Demi, which is why that needs to be tabled until we have more data, and now is the time to wolf hunt.

Brendan WW wrote:
    We assumed Will wouldn't reveal until after both looks, otherwise he could be converted before the second one and lie. Now it's save to come out, as he's just a NRV then

Could be that like the peek power in the OP he doesn't get results until the morning

So say he wants to check today he might have to wait until the morning to actually have the info to reveal.

Steve post this

Steve WW wrote: »
    You think a wolf would keep one foot in the game no matter what? It's a bit meta but it makes sense I guess.

I think it's a good point too. again, bit meta but we're all playing a game and there's a spirit to it as well as the rules. If you play wolf through silence it's not in the spirit of the game and you should be ashamed of yourself :p
    It does make me lean away from condemning low posters on that fact alone. Low posting is annoying as hell, but I don't think it screams wolf

I think it's a good point too. again, bit meta but we're all playing a game and there's a spirit to it as well as the rules. If you play wolf through silence it's not in the spirit of the game and you should be ashamed of yourself :p
    It does make me lean away from condemning low posters on that fact alone. Low posting is annoying as hell, but I don't think it screams wolf

There are different forms of low posting though Brendan. I agree when there is essentially nothing to go on from someone's posts. But, there can be more substance in ten posts from one player than fifty in another.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

OK I don't understand what meta means. My point is that if you are a wolf you surely don't stay off air for the whole day.
    Or maybe you do?

Eva WW wrote:
    There are different forms of low posting though Brendan. I agree when there is essentially nothing to go on from someone's posts. But, there can be more substance in ten posts from one player than fifty in another.

Heyyyyy

Heeeeeeyyyy

HEEEEYYYYYY

Point taken :(

:P

Does Eleven have a shot?

A shot at taking out the demi - it might fail, and if it does, that's it, she is a NRV I think. That's my reading of it anyway.

Eva WW wrote: »
    Agree (he says with his 100th meaningless post :p)
    Just, for example, I don't think Clodagh being offline means she's a wolf (or that she isn't. In isolation the number of posts means nothing).
    OK I don't understand what meta means. My point is that if you are a wolf you surely don't stay off air for the whole day.
    Or maybe you do?
    Meta as in talking about the fact we're playing a game, rather than playing the game. But I think we're all saying the same thing in different ways

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

If there is little else to go on, a good play is peek high, lynch low. End game with potatoes makes for a rubbish end where as end game with peeked active players is preferred. I nkow i'd much prefer someone who has been active all game making the game winning call at final 3, and not somebody who has not even read the thread.
    So, if not wolf, its still in village interest to remove flotsam. Even better if you score a wolf in the low posters.

• Advertisement

For example, these are Clodagh's posts. Not a huge amount of detective work in there from what I can see. I do like them urging Brendan to take the peek rather than a vote shift. But other than that says they can see the Katie thing from the various points of view, but leaned against Katie being an RV. Now it is early doors so plenty of time for things to pick up when their less busy elsewhere.
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Apologies everyone, was hoping to get online earlier but work was mental. I'm reading back now.
    OK so I skimmed a bit but basically plan in place for Demi seems like a good one. A couple of downsides I can see but no more than normal play could bring about anyway.

Katie's single post is obviously concerning but I can see all sides bluff, RV, or frozen wolf.
    Are you 100% sure on this? I've definitely played a game where conversions werent announced. For some reason with the theme I'm feeling like they won't be.
    Yep. It's a *strange* one alright.

I'll get my coat :pac:
    Usually isn't every time. I think we won't know until tomorrow.
    My votes there as well. I've been reading back and nothing else is strong enough to push me to vote elsewhere.
    Definitely go for the peek. Will you get results before or after lynch?
    I can think of one reason why it hasn't happened.
    Pretty standard for a peek no?
    Not what I expected at all.
    Hidden powers there?
    I'm sticking with Katie. Posting that once and then nothing else doesn't say RV to me.
    You make a good point. Last few games winning prizes hasn't been good for your health.
    I didn't. I only got onto thread after 5 and by the time I caught up it was nearly 6

Advertisement