Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Stranger Things

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Actually it's because he thinks Brendan is a wolf, rather than thinking I'm a wolf. That's just a happy coincidence.

I don't think you're wolf, if that's a serious question. Why do you think I am a wolf?

98 percent sure Angus is bad.... based off the above. Gotcha.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

If I’m still around after 10 I will analyse the list for the second day. Just had a brief nosey after Katie’s lynch and there are players who say they’ll drop out, they’ll post, etc.

I’m on phone now so easier to look at a spreadsheet making a revision column every time someone jumps off.

Conor still my No1 suspect.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    98 percent sure Angus is bad.... based off the above. Gotcha.

yep. have a think about it and think about why that might be

yep. have a think about it and think about why that might be

I have and Im flabbergasted you were so obvious about it now rather than 959.... big target on the back

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

OK, first order of business has to be self-defence, but in doing so I've managed to change my own mind about Angus I think. Last night these were his posts about me, and me moving my Clodagh votes...
    Angus WW wrote: »
    Posts that mention Clodagh:
    Slight defence.

Clodagh is number one after Abigail's reveal. Would a wolf do this? Probably not.

From first to third (or fourth!?) as soon as Clodagh is subbed. Wolves would probably know when Clodagh's sub was coming so would bide their time and make a flimsy excuse like the above. 

Explanation. It makes some sense.

Votes ASLB late.

I still remember the whole "peek" declaration fiasco of yesterday, the peek that didn't (and probably couldn't) happen. Not villagery at all.

Read:Wolf Lean

I remembered someone saying the Liz munch might have been a tactic to cast suspicion on me so I wanted to go back and find that to quote, thinking it might highlight that Angus is being a but wolfy. But... it was Angus himself who said it...!
    I think that's really why they munched her. In fact, it would have been the perfect option because:

A/ They knew she wasn't a wolf
    B/ They thought she was the seer.
    C/ If Brendan is village, they would hope to cast suspicion on Brendan and his "peek" into the bargain.
    D/ They would hope to cast suspicion on the names she suspected
    So just looking at his accusations of me I think he's being pretty consistent. Obviously I disagree with his conclusion but I think it might be coming from the right place. I started this thinking I was going to land on Angus as wolf but now I need to do some more work.

• Advertisement

I have and Im flabbergasted you were so obvious about it now rather than 959.... big target on the back

Nah I don't think so.

Nah I don't think so.

Not concerned about a munch?

You just called out a potential wolf

On the off chance I am munched, I reckon Fiona is a wolf, Angus is a wolf, and one other in Steve / Eva ... maybe Kathleen Grant but not sold on that one.

Thought it was very odd as someone pointed out earlier that Clodagh placed a vote on Kathleen without any real explanation

Not concerned about a munch?

You just called out a potential wolf

sure we have to do that, we're wolf hunting.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    OK, first order of business has to be self-defence, but in doing so I've managed to change my own mind about Angus I think. Last night these were his posts about me, and me moving my Clodagh votes...

I remembered someone saying the Liz munch might have been a tactic to cast suspicion on me so I wanted to go back and find that to quote, thinking it might highlight that Angus is being a but wolfy. But... it was Angus himself who said it...!

So just looking at his accusations of me I think he's being pretty consistent. Obviously I disagree with his conclusion but I think it might be coming from the right place. I started this thinking I was going to land on Angus as wolf but now I need to do some more work.

nah I reckon he's just listing out the actual wolf thought process

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Barbara is a definite wolf.

Other wolf leans:

Fiona: the "flesh wound" comment last night and moving votes without telling anyone? We'll find out soon enough with Trigger's bullet.

My other new ideas I will leave til later, if there is a later.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Not sure I'm seeing the wolf thing on Angus guys, going through posts now.

Active at the start, pretty fighty with Jake about the integrity of the first list. Doesn't mean village of course, just not the demimoore.

Suspicious of fiona, might get more info here depending on how fiona flips.

More chat about the lists for will to check.

Volunteers for peek.

Post #1035 is interesting

I think at least one of Trigger, Necro, Brendan and Abigail might be a wolf. Let me explain.

Abigail came out blazing on all cylinders, going after Necro for no reason, put a vote on him first thing and they got into an "argument" about absolutely nothing.

Then she became much calmer later on, even backing him up by agreeing with him about the conversion being announced on thread (which proved true) even though his conversion comments were one of the things she quoted in her post where she announced she was voting for Necro. Then

I got the feeling JP Liz V1 was hinting at being the seer. She wasn't -but the wolves did not know that.

Trigger is Lock Clear at this stage, Necro RIP

So Brendan and Abi as main subjects?

Is that still the case Angus?

@Steve - Abi locked clear too. Which only leaves me from his list :o

Brendan WW wrote: »
    @Steve - Abi locked clear too. Which only leaves me from his list :o
    From his old list that is...

Other wolf leans:

Fiona: the "flesh wound" comment last night and moving votes without telling anyone? We'll find out soon enough with Trigger's bullet.

Ah crap, work call for half an hour, will miss the reveals :(
    Catch up in a bit

Other wolf leans:

Care to tell us why you are so sure Angus?

Steve WW wrote: »
    So Brendan and Abi as main subjects?

Is that still the case Angus?

Abigail I've forgotten about completely. There was no counter-claim to their scanner reveal. They helped find the demogorgon honestly and I've like her logic since.

Care to tell us why you are so sure Angus?

Because you were trying to imply you were the seer with the "think about why that might be".

I know I am good. I have given reasons previously and that comment just sealed the deal.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Hopper has under 15 minutes to decide whether to protect or shoot. I wouldn’t fancy his job right now!

Because you were trying to imply you were the seer with the "think about why that might be".

I know I am good. I have given reasons previously and that comment just sealed the deal.

oh I seeeee.
    so if you were good, right, why would you openly out someone who think is implying that they are the seer? how is that village play to openly put a target on someone you think is roled..

very suspiscious Angus. very suspiscious

• Advertisement

Jake WW wrote: »
    Hopper has under 15 minutes to decide whether to protect or shoot. I wouldn’t fancy his job right now!

lol me neither

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

For me right now I am thinking Angus is the Alpha. I am aware some of these posts are taken out of context, and are not all of their posts, but it is the ones which are standing out to me.
    Angus has posted a number of "helpful" posts, but when you look at their content, they aren't really.
    If this plan of 8 is agreed on, then if I were a wolf, I would be online 10am-12 looking to see a "ninth" player, an "uninvited" player(s) in the online list at the bottom of the Werewolf forum.

So this is a just a message to Will Byers to be careful not to expose yourself!
    This is a moot point - how would Will be exposing themselves by looking at the thread? I think most players would try to be reading and following the thread. In fact, Necro was on standby to post in case we didn't get the right numbers on day one.
    I don't remember it either but if Necro says so, I guess it it so.
    This was in response to Fiona being converted, and questions around the mechanic. It reads as pocketing to me.
    People need to stop worrying about things I said earlier re: the list.

As I explained before, I thought it was odd that as the top poster at the time and a player happy to be in the first group, I was being overlooked for Barbara who basically just showed up.

Logically, sowing confusion benefits neither wolves nor village.

Nor would the demogorgon volunteer to be on the first group -unless they had some sort of "peek good" mechanism.

I was merely worried that Jake had been converted somehow, and was promoting the demogorgon (Barbara)to be on the list to escape detection with some sort of "camouflage". A bit paranoid to be fair.

I have readily agreed with the scanning groups plan on a number of occasions and have been pushing it, particularly last night in the two hour window 0Conor can vouch for that, and the excellent plan proposed by Brendan today.

I happened to get a good sleep last night and was up early. I am not a morning person which is why at one stage earlier yesterday I suggested leaving me out of this morning's action.

All of which is moot if Will had different plans entirely and is doing his own thing.

Personally, if I was Will, I think those who volunteer on day 1 would be less likely to have been the demogorgon and would focus on Group 2.

But he can and will do his own thing and I'm happy with whatever is agreed upon.
    "Logically, sowing confusion benefits neither wolves nor village." - I think logically sowing confusion benefits wolves, and placing wolves before village here stands out to me as where loyalties lie - I know, as a village, village always comes first in any list. Again though, at the end, with the "Happy to go along with the agreement" - that is very trying to stay under the radar
    Well anyone can peek me anytime, I don't mind.
    Alpha wolf
    I think at least one of Trigger, Necro, Brendan and Abigail might be a wolf. Let me explain.

Abigail came out blazing on all cylinders, going after Necro for no reason, put a vote on him first thing and they got into an "argument" about absolutely nothing.

Then she became much calmer later on, even backing him up by agreeing with him about the conversion being announced on thread (which proved true) even though his conversion comments were one of the things she quoted in her post where she announced she was voting for Necro. Then

I got the feeling JP Liz V1 was hinting at being the seer. She wasn't -but the wolves did not know that.

Notice how she says 'my' peek view. This looks like it's in response to Abi, but in fact, Abigail was speaking to Conor and not asking her anything. This "my peek" comment goes completely unremarked upon by anyone. Abigail doesn't respond.  

It has to be said there were a lot of posters around when she made this remark. A dutiful wolf would have picked up on it.

The next talk about Liz is by ASLB:

I guess this might be just a joke. I haven't seen anything by ASLB that gives me a lean either way. Then the next person to probe Liz is

This seemingly innocuous question comes two pages after Liz makes the "my" peek "mistake". If I were a wolf I wouldn't respond, I would just think "mistake-candidate for munch". It doesn't really matter who she's going to peek-you find a seer, you kill a seer without drawing attention. But then others might do it differently. Anyway, Liz replies

Here she names Necro and Trigger as the primary peeks for Joyce. She also mentions Jake and I. Because she said "my peek" two pages earlier, the wolves believe HER to be Joyce and think she has slipped up.

I think that's really why they munched her. In fact, it would have been the perfect option because:

A/ They knew she wasn't a wolf
    B/ They thought she was the seer.
    C/ If Brendan is village, they would hope to cast suspicion on Brendan and his "peek" into the bargain.
    D/ They would hope to cast suspicion on the names she suspected.

Necro isn't doing as much wolf-hunting in this game as he usually does in my opinion. Neither is anyone really, but Necro is usually the one eager to lead villages when he is village. I haven't seen any real village leadership from him. Maybe he's just busy but that is my view. I haven't had time to take a close look at Trigger's posts.

You might ask would the wolves munch someone to frame Trigger/Necro? Yes. But conversely if a wolf picked up on the "my peek" remark they have to munch her anyway; doubly so, since she's being "peeked" by Brendan and possibly outed as a village seer. If Brendan is village- which the wolves would know.

Another point is the wolves could possibly have left JP Liz V1 if they thought she was peeking players who weren't wolves -Trigger, Necro. They could have munched someone else and left her to be killed later. It's not like everyone was on her side yesterday or anything. But once they found out that Brendan (if village or demogorgon) was peeking her or (if Brendan was a wolf himself) that she was planning on peeking another wolf (Trigger or Necro) they had to get rid of her first thing.

Unless the whole "I'm peeking JP Liz V1, the results will be revealed after munch tomorrow" megaphone declaration by Brendan was a complete ruse-as the wolves knew by then that JP Liz V1 was a goner and Brendan's "peek" could be used on someone else suspected of being a demogorgon (or, if Brendan is the demogorgon, he was completely genuinely going to peek JP Liz V1 as whether she's NRV/RV or wolf, he's on his own in this game from the start, it doesn't matter) without fear of questioning.

There was also this below, posted yesterday which makes no real sense as she wasn't actually a seer.

But Abi, who she names here, as a possible baddie, might have thought that she had already peeked her somehow? Unlikely but just a thought to back things up. There was also a moment where Jp Liz V1 alluded to Jake and Abigail being possible "allies."

Then there was this, posted at 5:33pm

Then after 9pm, in response to Brendan asking about prizes.

To be reasonable Abigail could have gotten a higher score between 5:33pm and 6pm, when the competition closes.

So I've got my eye on Trigger, Necro, Abigail, and I suppose, as he is named by JP Liz V1 too, maybe Jake, as well as Brendan, for the whole peek fiasco last night. I actually have liked Jake's posting since day one so I'm not thinking about him at all. I see he has me top of the FFA now. 

Others might throw  Angus into the fray as a possible wolf based on my own theory above. 

Based on my reasoning above, I will vote Trigger, Abigail, or Necro later. Unless anything changes or they can change my mind and point out something I've overlooked. I'm a reasonable chap. 

It's not a great argument, there's probably some holes and contradictions in there for sure, but it's my thoughts. 

P.S. Apologies for the essay if you've read this far, off to get dinner. Back later perhaps.

Long post, but interesting the people they picked are confirmed NRV, Eleven and Will... in fact says they haven't taken a good look at Trigger's posts but will vote them based on their "reasoning"?
    I guess? :P
    Posts that mention Clodagh:

Slight shade.

Slight defence.

No votes due to RL.

Read: Neutral.

First to vote on Clodagh and all the way to the finish.

Read: Village

Interesting, considering the posts above.

Says she voted for Clodagh. She didn't say she was voting for Clodagh and according to the mods, she didn't vote.

Read: Wolf Lean

Slight defence.

Clodagh is number one after Abigail's reveal. Would a wolf do this? Probably not.

From first to third (or fourth!?) as soon as Clodagh is subbed. Wolves would probably know when Clodagh's sub was coming so would bide their time and make a flimsy excuse like the above. 

Explanation. It makes some sense.

Votes ASLB late.

I still remember the whole "peek" declaration fiasco of yesterday, the peek that didn't (and probably couldn't) happen. Not villagery at all.

Read:Wolf Lean

Eva quotes Clodagh extensively in the link below, which a wolf team-mate shouldn't do I don't think, but she almost seems to be on her side.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116669042&postcount=991

More defence of Clodagh.

Votes ASLB early.

Read: Wolf Lean.

Drops Clodagh in a list of five. Nothing here really.

Again, neither defence nor shade.

Votes Clodagh early. Stays there.

Read: Village Lean

Fairly consistently questioning Clodagh and switches her vote to her last ten minutes.

Read: Village Lean.

Summary:

Village: Jake, Wendy, Steve
    Not sure: Kathleen Grant
    Leaning Wolf: Brendan, Eva, Barbara

Voting
    Clodagh WW - Steve WW, Jake WW, Also Starring LeVar Burton, Wendy WW, Necro
    AlsoStarringLeVarBurton - Eva ww, Abigail WW, Conor WW, Trigger, Brendan WW
    Kathleen Grant - Clodagh WW
    Eva WW - Angus WW
    Angus WW - Fiona WW

Did not vote - Barbara WW, Kathleen Grant

I voted Eva last night because Necro was defending her. I thought Necro was a wolf so I thought Eva was his teammate wolf.

Necro wasn't up for lynch so I voted for Eva out of the four contenders.

Why does Clodagh vote Kathleen Grant instead of self-preservation? Why Kathleen Grant of all people?

ANGUS OVER AND OUT, UNTIL NEXT TIME, KEEP IT REAL.

1571674.main_image.jpg?strip=all&w=300&h=450&crop=1

Last night we were trying to catch the demi-g - yet Angus "Necro wasn't up for lynch so I voted for Eva out of the four contenders." because Necro was a wolf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

2 scenarios here for me

He is hoping that the Sheriff uses his protect on him.

Or

He is trying to get you to move your protect off of yourself, which would make sense with him questioning it earlier. Opening up you for a munch. The wolves know that you are good at the comps, you said in your own words that you are competitive, getting the protect off you and then munching you would give them a better chance at winning prizes

You're implying you're the seer and calling me bad, Barbara. I'm not bad. You're a wolf.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Other wolf leans:

Definite???

Terrible read Wendy, but I still have you as good.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Terrible read Wendy, but I still have you as good.

I accept I may be tunnelling, but I would like something more than just "terrible read" - counter my points logically!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Steve you asked had I anything to add

well I am NRV.
    I declared that Levar was the Demi post #1166 (thats for Brendan if that is what he meant by declaration he never explained)

I have suspected Steve and Angus of being wolves since the beginning and was never sure of BRendan but here this morning Angus under radar and there are Steve adn Brendan trying to clear him. Interesting.

You didn't counter my points logically Wendy so I'm not going to counter your 'points' logically. Maybe later. Anyway, this is becoming an obsession again. It's time to lighten the mood. Back later maybe.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUVI8eCBtpe7jz0QNsN9cWg1W8LOj3JOp6GZCAL1PrOOQ_MV5bsZ4PKdUjHFJNIwRGAgE&usqp=CAU

• Advertisement

You're implying you're the seer and calling me bad, Barbara. I'm not bad. You're a wolf.

so you admit you have nothing concrete here to say I am a 'definite wolf'

Advertisement